Friends of deceased at funeral get aggressive at media presence

Yup, it could just be some wannabes who saw the news and thought '369' is cool now and just use it so they can pick a fight somewhere.

whatever the case, i think this should be viewed as a direct challenge to the people in charge of our peace. my personal take is that whether it is kids pretending to be cool, or real gang members, it is not a desirable occurence.

there is a huge difference between petty theft and violent crime.

previously, the kallang cases were committed by foreigners. this time round, to the best of my knowledge, the people involved are locals.

wonder what all the emo people making noise about evil foreign criminals previously will say this time. probably keeping quiet or making more noise about people not doing their job, despite the fact that they should be eating their own words.

Last edited:
the police shld handle them like how we will have handle foreigners. even if they are locals, it doesn't matter at all. if we hang the foreigners then we shld hang our own too to be fair.

is getting out of hand if nthg is done...maybe hanging 4 is not enough to send a signal to warn our juvenile delinquents.

so now they have conquered fajar and pasir ris DTE, where else they going to conquer? :bsmilie:

<Comments removed as requested by mod>

Last edited:
lets form a &#26023;&#22836;&#24110; to oppose the chopper gang ;(;(

we have the CS kpt gang already:bsmilie:

our clan chieftain is SION the godfather himself

the-godfather-poster-c12172258.jpg

how dumb can these ah bengs wannabes be?

go court to support? end up getting caught? This shows the size of their brains and IQ.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_601843.html

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

a bunch of pea brains

They probably think its like in those movie/drama series whereby going to court to support fellow member is the 'right thing to do' and they could just freely walk away from the court after that.

What they don't know is that the law here works differently than in their simplistic fantasy world. The Criminal Law Act that empowers the MIB to detain suspects without trial is powerful tool.

i know one of the guys in the video... one of my company men in the army. from his character.. he's very loyal to his friends. i doubt they're trying to get the limelight... but rather ensuring that their friend is respected in death and not allowing it to be treated like a circus of media attention...

Reporter doing their jobs?
No!!
I say they are paparazzi, intruding the privacy of a funeral.
What social or economic value does the reportage carries?
It is newsworthy at all? What is the significant?
How are you and I being affected by watching this funeral?
What truth or insight do the so call reporters want to unearth or share by making a video footage of the funeral?

Nothing, news to evoke and satisfy the kaponess of Singaporeans only.

No!!
What truth or insight do the so call reporters want to unearth or share by making a video footage of the funeral?

:bsmilie: if u are the reporter, your boss ask you to cover, can you turn it down? whether news worthy or not? since you are just the worker, u dun decided whether or not it is news or not news worthy.

to me it is! cos what leads to this boy's death? cos it is related to gang activities, and why at this era gang activities still exist and so violent? isn't this going to be a social problem that the government needs to investigate and follow up on to prevent similar incidents from happening again?

or please dun act as another saint in this forum if you are not sure what you are talking about.

if now the reporter go to any funeral and shoot for nothing, then that is what i call nonsensical and no news worthy.

anything that already appears on the news, follows up from there is still news worthy cos you are kpo and concern that's why you buy newspaper and see the tv for news! And i mean any news, from entertainment to political!

and without this news coverage (as well as the bukit panjang slashing incident), do you think the police is going to doing nothing or starting to take action to round up gang members to do a clean up?

this is not just an ordinary funeral, mind you!

Last edited:

At least it provoked you to think about their (reporters) action,
and for me to have an insight of the deceased 'loyal' friends.
It does generate some concerns about the lifestyle of our youth in singapore.

If this is what they want to achieve, your post is an indicator that they succeed.

Young man, tone down. Why get so heated up ?

To answer your questions,

1) What social or ... - you play the numbers, you die by the numbers
2) What is the significant ? - you play the numbers, you die by the numbers
3) How are you and I being affected... ? - THINK, you play the numbers, you die by the numbers
4) What truth or .. unearth or share by making.. footage - you play the numbers, you die by the numbers

Simple as that :)

No!!

Police had finally confirmed that it is gang related and not a simple staring incident :

Darren Ng's murder was connected to "gang-related disputes involving the deceased, victims and assailants," said police in a statement last night.

Police also said that "initial media reports that the murder arose from a staring incident were unfounded".
Unquote

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...der_not_staring_incident_but_gangrelated.html

No!!

what social or economic value does reportage of:

earthquakes, tsunamis, a cat being trapped in a dustbin, release of the new ipad, having a whale beached somewhere in france, medicare in america, obama flying to indonesia, blah blah blah bring?

frankly speaking, there is also not much effect on us by knowing about all of these. there is also no truth or insight being unearthed.

welcome to news!

Police had finally confirmed that it is gang related and not a simple staring incident :

Darren Ng's murder was connected to "gang-related disputes involving the deceased, victims and assailants," said police in a statement last night.

Police also said that "initial media reports that the murder arose from a staring incident were unfounded".
Unquote

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...der_not_staring_incident_but_gangrelated.html

yes, i also thought it was quite interesting that people would die for staring.

surely, gangs in singapore are not so simplistic as to think that drawing attention to them by doing such for staring events is worth it. it has to be something more. not that gang pride is worth it either, but to them, it would be more worth it.

yes, i also thought it was quite interesting that people would die for staring.

surely, gangs in singapore are not so simplistic as to think that drawing attention to them by doing such for staring events is worth it. it has to be something more. not that gang pride is worth it either, but to them, it would be more worth it.

Actually being chopped to death for staring has happened before in MY. :sweat:

what social or economic value does reportage of:

earthquakes, tsunamis, a cat being trapped in a dustbin, release of the new ipad, having a whale beached somewhere in france, medicare in america, obama flying to indonesia, blah blah blah bring?

frankly speaking, there is also not much effect on us by knowing about all of these. there is also no truth or insight being unearthed.

welcome to news!

earthquakes, tsunamis, - raised fund loh;
a cat being trapped in a dustbin - will bring along my barbecue stove;
release of the new ipad - you will find me camping outside the store;
medicare in america - fortunately I'm not a tax paing american;
having a whale beached somewhere in france - will head there for sashimi;
obama flying to indonesia - pathetic, can speak well but can't do much, should stay home and watch his carbon footprint;
blah blah blah bring a black sheep without wool.