Friends of deceased at funeral get aggressive at media presence

their aggressiveness is associated with gang activities or at least ah beng behaviors.

do u shout vulgarities and show ah beng behaviors during funerals even if you are faced with interviewers when it is an ordinary funeral?

this video just gave us an INSIGHT what kind of friends he is mixing with and what could have lead to his death. It is also this VIDEO that pressurise the police to do more work and answer to the public how this attack can happen in singapore which is not known to be a violent city.

so IMO, its news worthy.

That is my view too, but you don't have to debate over the news-worthiness in such a thread :)

Heard from news that police arrested 30-40 people related to the gangs for investigation.
Curious whether any of the deceased friends who tried to act hero and tried to shoo off the reporters/cameramen during the funeral possession were arrested? :think:

i read somewhere that the main objective wasn't about the friends' behavior...but rather the news coverage of such a "sensational killing". frankly, it's not very respectful to film/photograph someone's funeral without permission. even my dad got scolded by the entire extended family and friends and even his own sisters when he tried to take pictures of my maternal grandma's funeral without approval.

what more can you expect from external parties trying to get some "sensational news"? i mean, respect the dead...i feel that it isn't right. this isn't news but more like invasion of privacy already. imagine if someone in the family gets scolded for it, what more outsiders who try to invade the privacy.. you have to respect the wishes of the family, and don't judge the friends. all you have is the one sided view of netizens who saw the video and the "reporter's comments". who knows. the family/relatives might have asked them to chase the reporters away. and by the way they behave, are we gonna pass judgement and label them as gangsters? they may behave like that, but might not be gangsters.

heck, u can meet some person who can write real well on the internet, but when you meet the person, you find that his/her spoken english is horrid. so never judge a book by its cover. when you judge someone, be prepared to face judgement from another on your character. sorry to sound so serious. but just my 2 cents ;)

i read somewhere that the main objective wasn't about the friends' behavior...but rather the news coverage of such a "sensational killing". frankly, it's not very respectful to film/photograph someone's funeral without permission. even my dad got scolded by the entire extended family and friends and even his own sisters when he tried to take pictures of my maternal grandma's funeral without approval.

what more can you expect from external parties trying to get some "sensational news"? i mean, respect the dead...i feel that it isn't right. this isn't news but more like invasion of privacy already. imagine if someone in the family gets scolded for it, what more outsiders who try to invade the privacy.. you have to respect the wishes of the family, and don't judge the friends. all you have is the one sided view of netizens who saw the video and the "reporter's comments". who knows. the family/relatives might have asked them to chase the reporters away. and by the way they behave, are we gonna pass judgement and label them as gangsters? they may behave like that, but might not be gangsters.

heck, u can meet some person who can write real well on the internet, but when you meet the person, you find that his/her spoken english is horrid. so never judge a book by its cover. when you judge someone, be prepared to face judgement from another on your character. sorry to sound so serious. but just my 2 cents ;)

He kid is a gangster himself:
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_602770.html
quote from straits times said:
This was revealed by Home Minister K Shanmugam at a police briefing on Friday.

In his first comments following two gang assaults in two weeks, Mr Shanmugam said that the attack on Ng was not a random assault but a gang fight, with two gangs seeking revenge on each other

"i read somewhere that the main objective wasn't about the friends' behavior...but rather the news coverage of such a "sensational killing". frankly, it's not very respectful to film/photograph someone's funeral without permission. even my dad got scolded by the entire extended family and friends and even his own sisters when he tried to take pictures of my maternal grandma's funeral without approval."

Actually if u read my earlier posts,a friend of mine was there and he witnessed the whole event unfold and it was noted the media sought the family's approval provided they kept their distance but somehow the 'bodyguards' acted on their own accord.:)

Actually if u read my earlier posts,a friend of mine was there and he witnessed the whole event unfold and it was noted the media sought the family's approval provided they kept their distance but somehow the 'bodyguards' acted on their own accord.:)

lol!

Bodyguards............

Talk about respecting the family members... Acting on their own without consulting the family members :thumbsd: So much for respect.

Anyway, I knew from the start that the kid that got killed is no norm teen. Now that he is revealed as a gangster, I dont feel sorry for him at all. Live by the sword die by the sword, those who live by violence will die by violence is all I can say...............

lol!

Bodyguards............

Talk about respecting the family members... Acting on their own without consulting the family members :thumbsd: So much for respect.

Anyway, I knew from the start that the kid that got killed is no norm teen. Now that he is revealed as a gangster, I dont feel sorry for him at all. Live by the sword die by the sword, those who live by violence will die by violence is all I can say...............

Even so, the media people should not be so pushy, their own actions are questionable.

Even so, the media people should not be so pushy, their own actions are questionable.

i dun see them pushy. they are already standing very far but darren's friend walk from that far to approach them to ask them to stop shooting which i find overboard. it's not like they (reporters) walk right up to the funeral procession to shoot. like they say, they are just doing their job because their boss want them to cover this story which i dun think any reporter in their right frame of mind will say no to their boss cos it is being insensitive.