Friends of deceased at funeral get aggressive at media presence

they try to act tough during the funeral, but where were they when their friend was attacked and stabbed? some friends who were with him also ran away... then act tough on the media? for what? to show off?:bigeyes: WOW! you wanna act tough, make sure you really are and it's just not an act!

:thumbsd::thumbsd: for these youths!

You still have to think? No need to think lah....

Why got choppers, even parangs carried by teenagers all around. Think so easy to bring a big chopper out by both sides.

Gang fights has been and always will be around, in any country in any society. The media also has to be politically correct and responsible. Another Philippine hijack kind of fiasco, no thanks and definitely not here.
Long last time when I was still schooling like 20 years ago also see gang fights regularly....perhaps no sharp weapons, but blood and police checks, common lah.

Anyway, Downtown East = NTUC. Gahment territory. :bsmilie: Media will not anyhow report that its full of gangsters. Now I think ah-gong will pull strings behind the scenes.

Last edited:
dunno, follow till tired...... just wait for report will do from Police.

Report will be accurate and open, but confi/secret label so will be for internal circulation. Is there any doubt in the first place anyway. :bsmilie:

Police also needs to be politically correct in the media release. If its bad, they bring out in Parliment and debate..... :sweat:

My take on this is that if there are members of the family who do not want the thing filmed, then it should not. Already indicate, go away, then go away. Don't act tough just because one is a reporter. Yes, you have your job to do, but respect the people actually involved and don't like insist on your way. Yes, you are far away (in your own opinion) but if family members insists on NO, it means NO.

The whole incident is because the reporters refused to give way and insist on their right of way, so then things get heated up and even if it's by the family members, whose fault is it really? :thumbsd:

My take on this is that if there are members of the family who do not want the thing filmed, then it should not. Already indicate, go away, then go away. Don't act tough just because one is a reporter. Yes, you have your job to do, but respect the people actually involved and don't like insist on your way. Yes, you are far away (in your own opinion) but if family members insists on NO, it means NO.

The whole incident is because the reporters refused to give way and insist on their right of way, so then things get heated up and even if it's by the family members, whose fault is it really? :thumbsd:

Whatever the situation, don't take matters in your on hands that might break the law.

And get yourself into trouble. And make themselves look like an idiot or a ruffian. Aggression is not the solution.

I see too much aggression in the whole episode.

Like many here I was a rebellious teenager too but chose to walk away and not to end up dead like the deceased.

His friends actions is no better.

IF the family members, ie Father, was to act in that way, then I would accept his action. I wouldn't know if his friends did based on the family's request.

It could be they thought that is what they(family) wants. The family could care less about the media for all we know.

Last edited:

Not surprised at all.....

1) his friends act like gangsters.... not from the initial confrontation but from the way they walk out of the carpark. They give one the impression they are swagging their hips and showing they are not to be trifled with type. Tattoos all over their body. Not the cosmetic type but if u look closely the gang type. Can be seen on the arms.

2) Who the hell carries parangs or choppers everywhere they go?

3) Will a simple I dont know u I accidentally stare at you incident lead to a chopping? I dont think so. At most hammering....

End of day if the guy asked for it... no offense but well u live by the blade, u die by the blade.

found this pic... i see it coming LOL!

he famous liao

n4zh4w.png

Actually I think they acted quite ok lah.

I mean common, their good friend just got SLASHED to death a few days back....

But I think they should be more ORGANISED and stylo by buying 50 black umbrellas and coordinate their dressing so looks better on video/photo.

I think reporters are really being disrespectful, filming despite being told nicely not to film. public territory or not, imagine your friend or loved one is the one who had died, and someone is there to film and report the whole thing.

If the family said yes, and the friends chased the reporters away, there's either 2 scenarios:

1) Miscomm between family and the friends
2) family decided filming was enough / changed their mind

Either way, in my view the reporters should not film, no matter how far they are away

i thought one of the first few posts said the family members were ok to be filmed? if yes, then i think the friends are the one being disrespectful, they did not respect the permission given to the reporters by the family, they did not even respect the funeral itself, not mentioning the deceased.. :dunno:

Quote: "you can tell me, but dont hit my camera pls!"

Oh.....they are bengs too?

lol..

the way they are dressed..way they talk..aint it the same as those being caught?

aint no goody kids i feel...

anyways..any petitions for the 3 to be hang asap?

and here we wonder why teens get into staring incident. look at those guy beheaviour!! how not to get into fights with others??? tv prog in channel 8 "morning singapore" invited social worker to talk about this kind of issue yesterday iirc. than there was a man called in to say it may not be a simple "staring incident". looking at this video, i now also believe its not that simple.

The person who attack 1st lor, even if its the family member. Law is Law, if Law starts taking side, than whats the use of having LAW?

whats wrong with media covering the funeral? it will make people who dont know the true story behind to feel sorry for the family.

but now, i for one feels there is more than meets the eyes.

The reporters have every right to film it and they are just doing their job. What right do the boys have to ask the reporters to stop filming even if they ask nicely? And just because the reporters do not give in to their asking nicely, they have a right to act like the way they do?

No disrespect to the deceased but seeing his friends' reaction and gangster like behaviour, I'm not suprised that they got into the fight in DTE and would anyone of us be suprise if we see the faces of his friends in the news again? No, I don't think so.

tauntjpg1288783778137-data.jpg

To the boy in the video,

Well Done!!!

You have shown everyone what kind of friends the deceased have. How respectful of you!!!

You want people to respect you, you respect others first, you earn it, you don't demand it.