Friends of deceased at funeral get aggressive at media presence

The reporters have every right to film it and they are just doing their job. What right do the boys have to ask the reporters to stop filming even if they ask nicely? And just because the reporters do not give in to their asking nicely, they have a right to act like the way they do?

No disrespect to the deceased but seeing his friends' reaction and gangster like behaviour, I'm not suprised that they got into the fight in DTE and would anyone of us be suprise if we see the faces of his friends in the news again? No, I don't think so.

tauntjpg1288783778137-data.jpg

To the boy in the video,

Well Done!!!

You have shown everyone what kind of friends the deceased have. How respectful of you!!!

You want people to respect you, you respect others first, you earn it, you don't demand it.

i concur.

the reporter is just doing their job cos their boss want this coverage.

put yourself in these reporter's shoe.

can you tell your boss "Boss, can i dun go cover this news event because it is not nice to film such things?"

I can see that the reporters already tried their best not to 'paparazzi' this funeral by standing a distance , wait till you see those HK reporters doing their 'paparazzi' work.

and lastly, the boy's friends just shows Singapore what kind of friends he is mixing with and no doubt he had a part to play in his own death by mixing with the wrong group of friends.

and to this boy here, dun act garang in front of the reporter. Where were you when the incident happens? If you are one of those who ran away and leaving your friend to meet his doom. Why dun you protect your friends by showing your garangness against those attackers to show you are a true friend? You should be ashamed of yourself.

I bet now if right now instead of facing the reporter, if u are facing the attackers alone with no friends, i bet you will be whimpering and peeing in your pants.

Last edited:
My take on this is that if there are members of the family who do not want the thing filmed, then it should not. Already indicate, go away, then go away. Don't act tough just because one is a reporter. Yes, you have your job to do, but respect the people actually involved and don't like insist on your way. Yes, you are far away (in your own opinion) but if family members insists on NO, it means NO.

The whole incident is because the reporters refused to give way and insist on their right of way, so then things get heated up and even if it's by the family members, whose fault is it really? :thumbsd:

so if you are a reporter , and your boss asked you to cover this event... because it *is* national news...

when asked to not film the thing, you will call your boss and say "boss ar, they don't want me to film. i will take footage of myself drinking kopi for you for the news today." :bsmilie:

from what i see, the reporters were:

(i) filming from quite a distance away
(ii) being relatively calm despite getting a bunch of hotheaded teenagers pushing and shoving them and shouting in their faces, cursing their family members

if you want saints, look for a saint. don't ask a reporter to become a saint. please put yourself into their shoes and realise that, as they said, they really have a job to do. this is very different, from say, a random person who decided to film the thing for his own personal project.

Last edited:
can you tell your boss "Boss, can i dun go cover this news event because it is not nice to film such things?"

if you work as a 7-11 store cashier, you can tell your boss "boss, can i don't sell cigarettes because it is not nice to do so?"

if you work as a hawker's assistant, you can tell your boss "boss, can i don't sell your food, not nice leh."

if you work as a delivery salesman, you can tell your boss "boss, your delivery hours not very good sia, i tell the clients our delivery hours are now from 7 pm to 5 am."

:bsmilie:

There has been discussions on this case in other forums on this case being gang fights meaning that that it is not a one off staring incident.

The Chinese dialect name Fong Hong San, or “Phoenix Mountain” in English, is believed to have been uttered during a confrontation with another gang called “369″ that led to the death of 19-year-old Darren Ng Wei Jie on the evening of October 30th.

wah, 369 still around....Fong Hong San( “Phoenix Mountain”) , what kind of loser can thought of such name..next time when people start a gang group, they will name it "tiger mountain", "dragon mountain", "pig mountain". LOL

Last edited:
In this modern day, what is the meaning for SS to exist anyway?

man... we have such dumb gals in our first world society ? haiz...

i think it is time to remind them that singapore is a lawful society, and such nonsense is not tolerated here.

want to play gangster, don't play in singapore, go elsewhere.

the onus falls on our beloved police force to do their job. squeeze them hard, do more patrols, make sure that gang-conducive activities will not be allowed to take place.

Last edited:
i think it is time to remind them that singapore is a lawful society, and such nonsense is not tolerated here.

want to play gangster, don't play in singapore, go elsewhere.

the onus falls on our beloved police force to do their job. squeeze them hard, do more patrols, make sure that gang-conducive activities will not be allowed to take place.

maybe its the time of the year again... 369 wants to expand their territorial... but instead of voting like our government voting system, they resort to fights :bsmilie:

so now they have conquered fajar and pasir ris DTE, where else they going to conquer? :bsmilie:

maybe its the time of the year again... 369 wants to expand their territorial... but instead of voting like our government voting system, they resort to fights :bsmilie:

so now they have conquered fajar and pasir ris DTE, where else they going to conquer? :bsmilie:

sometimes i see that number bandied around so much online that i'm not even sure if these are bona fide gang members, or just little kids pretending to be because they thought it was cool.

but then again..... it's hard to differentiate the two, if you think through it clearly.

Parliament................:bsmilie:

anyway, they will grow up and be matured, so gotta ensure before that, they dun commit any crimes that will destroy their future.

sometimes i see that number bandied around so much online that i'm not even sure if these are bona fide gang members, or just little kids pretending to be because they thought it was cool.

but then again..... it's hard to differentiate the two, if you think through it clearly.

Yup, it could just be some wannabes who saw the news and thought '369' is cool now and just use it so they can pick a fight somewhere.

Parliament................:bsmilie:

anyway, they will grow up and be matured, so gotta ensure before that, they dun commit any crimes that will destroy their future.

you haven't been in clubsnap long enough to know that not everybody grows up?

:bsmilie: