EOS 1000D and 430EXII announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah!! Time For Shoppingggg

planning to get a 430ex. should I wait for a 430exII? When will it be released?

finally a new 430EXII!

dpreview didnt say that its weatherproof like the 580EXII. is it?

or is it just like the 430? with some minor physical changes?

finally a new 430EXII!

dpreview didnt say that its weatherproof like the 580EXII. is it?

or is it just like the 430? with some minor physical changes?
I think it is not weatherproof. Specs did not state so.

From what I can see, physically its exactly identical as the 430EX except for the new locking lever foot like the 580EXII. And Canon claims 20% faster recycle rate than the old 430EX.

i hope they continue to shrink the camera while maintaining the cmos size and dslr style and price continue to go down. smaller lcd also never mind (like the old 1.8").

i hope they continue to shrink the camera while maintaining the cmos size and dslr style and price continue to go down. smaller lcd also never mind (like the old 1.8").

Maintain CMOS size? Make it bigger! :D

Dear Canon,
Please shrink camera body, increase cmos size and decrease price.
Thank you

Dear Canon,
Thank you

Make it a all metal body and we'll call it a deal. ;)

looked at the images of the 430II in dpreview.

looks like there wont be weather sealing. from the metal mount, it doesnt look like my 580II.

dang.

really wondering the time it'll reach here and the cost.

canon, a new st-e2 also please?

Dear Canon,
Thank you

Make it a all metal body and we'll call it a deal. ;)

u all so greedy.:bsmilie:

iirc, new oly e400series with kit lens going for $700+,

if canon shrink the body for consumer grade dslr and can match this price i will be satisfy liao. lcd small also never mind, like 1.8" on 10d, can zoom in to check mah. no need the top lcd, like current 3digit series can already. will be a big big plus if got live view with af, lcd can articulate like the compact digital.

Dear Canon,

Thank you,
adamadam
Arcticfox

:)

My ideal camera would be a DSLR in the body of canon F1 ( small, compact and full metal) with a small lcd screen. (just for checking the image)

come on guys, its really time that u all accept that this is really just a piece of junk

canon is just trying their best to further commit suicide in the dslr market... let them be.

There are still people who think 450D, D60 and the like are still too expensive.
1000D does sound like a good entry point for anyone who are used to tiny digicams but want just that little bit more without breaking their piggy banks.
This would be the first group of people interested in the camera and the 2nd group would be parents buying for their children.

What Canon really want you to buy is camera lens and its accompanying accessories. It's the same as buying a printer.
I don't believe anyone here in the forum owns just one lens and Canon 55-250mm IS was so timely released that it is literally flying off the shelves as we speak.
I'm sure this tele lens will entice users to buy even better lens.
When they realise that the better lens need better body they'll upgrade to even more expensive Ds and the cycle go on.
By the time you have a proud collection of camera bodies and lens and wot not, you are stuck with one system.
Another 1-0 to Canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.