EOS 1000D and 430EXII announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

on dpreview also :D

Canon launches new 1000D DSLR
Canon has announced the EOS 1000D (Kiss F), a new, entry-level DSLR that slots into the model lineup beneath the 450D. The 10 megapixel digital camera takes many of the new features of its big brother and presents them in a lighter, less expensive format that Canon hopes will re-shape the market in the same way as the first Rebel (300D) did. No word yet from Canon US about their intentions. (04:00 GMT)
Canon announces Speedlite 430EX II flash
Canon has today announced an update to its mid-range Speedlite 430 EX flash - the Speedlite 430EX II. The new model offers 20% shorter recycle times, a silent recycle process to minimize distraction and a new quick release and locking mechanism amongst other new features. When attached to an EOS camera the Speedlite 430EX II detects the sensor size and adjusts its angle of coverage accordingly. (04:00 GMT)

1000D.jpg

screenshot.gif

but at least the pictures are working on the links garion posted :D

I like gear :D

wonder how cheap is it going to be?

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/eosdigital5/index.html

hmmm 10MP with digic3....will we have the same noise performance as with the 40D?
what interests me most is the price.... if this is a class below the rebel series, are we looking at a 900-1k ish DSLR?:thumbsup:

7 point AF....

No 5D MkII? :sweat:

Updated 1st post wif more links. Dun mind an EOS 1000D as a light travel cam or just "bring around for fun" kinda cam. :D See the pricing how 1st.

I feel the same :D light travel cam or bring around for fun cam! :D

Sounds like it's designed to compete with the D60 and A200. The very very very budget DSLR segment. :)

Frankly do they really need to release a so-call entry-level EOS 1000D? IMHO why don't they just drop the price of 450D?

Anyway still looking forward to hear the official news (tired of rumours liao) of 5D successor ...

My guess is prolly just below 1k SGD. (if they sell body only package). With the kit lens, maybe 1.1k? (+/-)
Rumor site is claiming a sub US$5k EOS 1000D so it should be around S$900 given Singapore Canon price is higher than the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.