A800... Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timber Wolf

Oct 16, 2003
Visit site
Interesting. Though 15.2mp is abit hard to believe. Too much le.

a800...
-15.2Mpx APS-C CMOS Exmor "R" sensor
-ISO 100-12.800
-6.5 frame per second
-New high speed flash sync
-9 double cross f/2.8 AF sensor (23 total AF sensor)
-New metering and AF sensor with tracking and previous focus
-Dual AF Ultr-Speed motor ??
-Wi-Fi built-in

Will be announced on PMA09 and launch on April with 3 new DT lenses...

Source: http://photofan.jp/camera/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=5890&forum=11

Cheers
QX

nice.. i like..

Sony still dont want to put in LV into the adv-amateur bodies ah.. tsk tsk...:cry:
hopefully price will be at S$2k level.. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

wonder what those 3 dt lenses will be..

Still just rumor. Though, would this force A700 price to drop? I personally hope so.

I had a chance to try out A700, its menu/buttons are better than my A350.

dun mind 12-15 megapixel. but not APS-C please. :nono:

APS-C will be around for a LONG time to come in the "prosumer" market.

question is whether if it's good enough to justify for an upgrade from A700 since it's still on APS-C

question is whether if it's good enough to justify for an upgrade from A700 since it's still on APS-C

Sony is not going to cannibalize it's A900 sales by releasing a FF camera at the A700 price point.

At least not while the A900 is considered a new product. ;)

Finally the good news, if it is all true. Too bad it is not full frame but I agree with Rashkae that Sony is not going to kill their own market.

Whether it justifies and upgrade from the A700 or not, I don't care. Still using a 5D and I am certainly ready for it ...

Sony is not going to cannibalize it's A900 sales by releasing a FF camera at the A700 price point.

At least not while the A900 is considered a new product. ;)

doubt sony will launch a new model cheap. also they have the new Exmor sensor to give it a launch premium

The specs looks similar to Nikon D400. Well if it is true at least we know that this one addresses higher iso calls. I rather have crop camera as getting new FF lens is just too much for me.

The specs looks similar to Nikon D400. Well if it is true at least we know that this one addresses higher iso calls. I rather have crop camera as getting new FF lens is just too much for me.

In all likelihood, the "D400" would use the same sensor.

The new Exmor R sensor is really exciting! :) Too bad I probably won't be able to afford it.

Oh well, at least I can look forward to upgrading to the A700 when ppl start selling theirs off come April. :)

The Exmor R sensor is used in the latest line of SONY video cameras... so expect the new camera lineup to spot video, maybe the A700 replacement... the A900 might drop in price or have the new ones spotting the new sensor...

The guy who leaked the specs claims it will be 130,000 yen , which is approx 2.3k SGD. Interesting price.

I am doubtful it will be ready TBA in April. This whole thing is seems like a feeler to get response for Sony Japan. An unofficial exercise was launch in the Malaysian Sony Forum to get user's feedback on what they like to see on the next Alpha. The feedbacks will forwarded to Japan by Sony Malaysia. This led me to believe that Sony Japan is still in the early stage development of the next Alpha. Notably are the common calls for revisions to sensor performance in high ISO. Perhaps it might come just before the year end.

I am doubtful it will be ready TBA in April. This whole thing is seems like a feeler to get response for Sony Japan. An unofficial exercise was launch in the Malaysian Sony Forum to get user's feedback on what they like to see on the next Alpha. The feedbacks will forwarded to Japan by Sony Malaysia. This led me to believe that Sony Japan is still in the early stage development of the next Alpha. Notably are the common calls for revisions to sensor performance in high ISO. Perhaps it might come just before the year end.

I have feeling that SONY Japan has already lined up new sensors and bodies... but they are gauging user responses to see if they should launch what they have already planned or to modify... it's quite clear that they will address the high ISO noise issue, but just how remains to be seen... also the placement and number of cross AF sensors is a big boo-boo on their part that they will try to correct... these are really the only two issues dogging the Alphas at the moment... and these require a deeper level redesign of the hardware and software to ensure that it's on par with the competition... the rest of the stuff are really fluff and can be very easily updated through firmware updates or simply incorporating it... e.g. video which already exists on Exmor-R sensors...

SONY is not going to wait for feedback then launch, they will have everything ready by PMA, and then it will be decision time to either go ahead with a launch date or modify and then launch... it's really poor business strategy to wait for feedback then decide where to go...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.