A800... Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I saw the camera, it s ot funtional, but the design is very similar to a700.
The pentprism area is a little bigger than a700
It has a control for Quick LiveView with phase detection AF (other sensor?)
The LCD is movil like Oly E-3 but 3" and HD? I don´t know
2 slot for CF and MS
This camera will use a new battery and I hope it will be compatible with the others Alphas.
The a700 grip will be compatible The a700 grip will be compatible

Others features: Others features:
-micro AF adjustment
-ISO 200-6400 (100 and 12800) -
-Tracking and previous focus with eye star -
-OVF 100%

Quoted from the forum. The text above is not mine

Last edited:
I have feeling that SONY Japan has already lined up new sensors and bodies... but they are gauging user responses to see if they should launch what they have already planned or to modify... it's quite clear that they will address the high ISO noise issue, but just how remains to be seen... also the placement and number of cross AF sensors is a big boo-boo on their part that they will try to correct... these are really the only two issues dogging the Alphas at the moment... and these require a deeper level redesign of the hardware and software to ensure that it's on par with the competition... the rest of the stuff are really fluff and can be very easily updated through firmware updates or simply incorporating it... e.g. video which already exists on Exmor-R sensors...

SONY is not going to wait for feedback then launch, they will have everything ready by PMA, and then it will be decision time to either go ahead with a launch date or modify and then launch... it's really poor business strategy to wait for feedback then decide where to go...

that sounds promising....but my wallet is already terrified...holding back on some of my planned purchases already.....

but nevertheless, i am wondering if the A800 will have poorer noise performance in high ISO than A700 since it is squeezing more pixels in the same sensor size....(is this what they call pixel density?)

that sounds promising....but my wallet is already terrified...holding back on some of my planned purchases already.....

but nevertheless, i am wondering if the A800 will have poorer noise performance in high ISO than A700 since it is squeezing more pixels in the same sensor size....(is this what they call pixel density?)

If it's using the backlit sensors, it should be better. Don't worry too much about the wallet. No point keeping so much cash in there anyways. Spend it.

If it's using the backlit sensors, it should be better. Don't worry too much about the wallet. No point keeping so much cash in there anyways. Spend it.

:bsmilie:

no point keeping cash in the wallet.. spend it.. at least we can take beautiful pictures of our kids eating grass.

:nono:

haha.....i dun have much cash in it....that's why it is terrified....:bsmilie:

backlit sensors help in noise performance? i am a noob when it comes to this type of technology...must go read up more on it....:embrass:

:bsmilie:

no point keeping cash in the wallet.. spend it.. at least we can take beautiful pictures of our kids eating grass.

:nono:

Make your money work for you, not work for your money. Money is just an exchange medium for goods , so buying toys is never a bad idea especially if you get a good deal. The item must have intrinsic value though, etc lenses etc.

At least if there is a great depression in singapore , you will be able to capture it for the future.

Make your money work for you, not work for your money. Money is just an exchange medium for goods , so buying toys is never a bad idea especially if you get a good deal. The item must have intrinsic value though, etc lenses etc.

At least if there is a great depression in singapore , you will be able to capture it for the future.

Assuming we get out of it...:what:

haha.....i dun have much cash in it....that's why it is terrified....:bsmilie:

backlit sensors help in noise performance? i am a noob when it comes to this type of technology...must go read up more on it....:embrass:

Haven't read much about backlit sensors... but that is what everyone says...

Why why why no fullframe =( =( =(

In the states prices have dropped to $20USd for the current sony batteries , lending fuel to the rumor that a new battery is coming and retailers are clearing stock.

Any retailer exhibiting this symptoms here?

http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41792&PID=448952#448952

Looks like SONY does listen to consumers... the original battery had too short a lifespan... looks like they are upping the capacity if anything...

Why you all don't like APS-C?

It has a great advantage over Full-Frame: It's cheap(er)!
Anyway, Sony has announced a few more DT lenses, so it's good to know the DT format will still be around for a while.

The A900 has just been released, and honestly, it's already cheap for what it is. But still not cheap enough for many people.

The A700 needs to be replaced already, so A800 as a direct successor seems to be the logical path.

Why you all don't like APS-C?

It has a great advantage over Full-Frame: It's cheap(er)!
Anyway, Sony has announced a few more DT lenses, so it's good to know the DT format will still be around for a while.

The A900 has just been released, and honestly, it's already cheap for what it is. But still not cheap enough for many people.

The A700 needs to be replaced already, so A800 as a direct successor seems to be the logical path.

The weird thing is how cheap it is in Canada , $2200 CDN , barely 3.3k SGD.

Why why why no fullframe =( =( =(

What's the obsession? You want another camera that costs more than the A900? As it is, the A900 is in the "budget full frame" pricing.

What's the obsession? You want another camera that costs more than the A900? As it is, the A900 is in the "budget full frame" pricing.

I think he's waiting for a full pro sony camera .

I think he's waiting for a full pro sony camera .

with today's economy... That makes no sense.

Plus, "full pros" are already gobbling up the A900.

Status
Not open for further replies.