EOS 1000D and 430EXII announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Canon is not getting down the same path as what they did with their film SLRs; budget cameras with every-increasing series numbers. :bsmilie:

Anyone remembered the EOS 888, 1000, 3000V....

I hope Canon is not getting down the same path as what they did with their film SLRs; budget cameras with every-increasing series numbers. :bsmilie:

Isnt that fairly obvious that they already are?

Cheapest to most expensive

1000D----> 350/400/450D---->20/30/40D----->5D-----> 1 Series

If pricing is anything to go by indications, its probably gonna be sub-$900 MSRP when it hit the shops here. :think:

Actually 1000D is closer to 450D(Xsi) than 400D(Xti).

Side-by-side comparison: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/com...cameras=canon_eos450d,canon_eos1000D&show=all

450D vs 1000D

spec-wise, everything else are the same except:
12MP Vs 10MP
9 focus points vs 7 focus points
3.5fps vs 3fps
0.87x vs 0.81x magnification (viewfinder)
3.0" LCD vs 2.5"

Don't forget 12bit image vs 14bit images...I think DR is quite diff.

Don't forget 12bit image vs 14bit images...I think DR is quite diff.
Think for newbies to DSLR....12bit vs 14 bit don't matter anything to them, to them its all technical mumbo jumbo..all they want is press the shutter and voila image appears. Same thing goes with RAW mode...very devious of Canon to cripple it at 1.5fps..so by the time they discover the wonder of RAW...alamak...too slow...time to upgrade liao! :sweatsm:

Think for newbies to DSLR....12bit vs 14 bit don't matter anything to them, to them its all technical mumbo jumbo..all they want is press the shutter and voila image appears. Same thing goes with RAW mode...very devious of Canon to cripple it at 1.5fps..so by the time they discover the wonder of RAW...alamak...too slow...time to upgrade liao! :sweatsm:

I think this is part of the scam....

Ok so when is the 10,000D coming out? Or should it be rename as 10KD. :think:

Agreed. The target market for 1000D is to convert the P&S users to DSLR so they can sell more lenses/accessories. Perhaps they will come out with a 10000D that will only operate in full Auto (Green square) and no RAW.

Agreed. The target market for 1000D is to convert the P&S users to DSLR so they can sell more lenses/accessories. Perhaps they will come out with a 10000D that will only operate in full Auto (Green square) and no RAW.

I won't be surprise if they do cause they did produce EOS 850 film camera that only offer fully auto mode and A-DEP mode. no other option can be made on this camera, not even film speed...dumber/simpler than the P&S today.

Status
Not open for further replies.