Delhi to Ladakh rejoiced (H series)

if you post yours, it will be very long too. so many gems there.

anyway no choice, have been going nowhere recently.

It's great. We're re-living the trip through your postings.

DSC_0499mcfs.jpg

kids at gemur. we stop by when we saw them, but they appear rather clueless of our approach and looks rather perplexed/blank/expressionless, except for one of the kid which is shown earlier in #126. also tried a different management but not sure if i like the current setting - a more "indoor-like" white balance. just not too used to it on my eyes and i may revert to my usual earthy hue

DSC_0499mcfo.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_2630mcfs.jpg

reflection are broken by waves on panggong lake (tso) at spangmik on a windy day. 2nd day is still but cloudy without sun. that goes our two days. have seen some pics of tso miriri which we have no time to go, even more beautiful.

DSC_2630mcfo.jpg

reflection are broken by waves on panggong lake (tso) at spangmik on a windy day. 2nd day is still but cloudy without sun. that goes our two days. have seen some pics of tso miriri which we have no time to go, even more beautiful.

DSC_2630mcfo.jpg

Did you use a graduated filter here? The clouds seem to have a brown/red hue.

Did you use a graduated filter here? The clouds seem to have a brown/red hue.

yes. most GND rectangular filters will leave a tinge except for singh ray. in fact, i didn't like the gradient to be so steep but that is the only model tianya have. the color of the top part of the sky was further reinforced with red and blue on post processing, giving a dark strong blue with a tinge of purple/red, but i pretty much left the piece of pink cloud left untouched like a piece of stamp on an envelope (the thought process of my landscape generally follows how i sketch a letterhead or a coverpage). the white clouds you see is the neutral component through the clear part of the filter.

Last edited:
DSC_3337mcfs.jpg

we went exploring around diskrit monastery. while i missed some other things others have seen lower down, i'm trekking up a pavement that i wonder what it leads up to...

DSC_3337mcfo.jpg

DSC_3085mcfssmile.jpg

another portrait of a sheep at hunder valley. i smudge the fulcrum of her mouth upwards to make a gentle smile.

DSC_3085mcfosmile.jpg

Last edited:
Give thanks nice information and beautiful pictures thanks

Omg, you're still going with Ladakh! You must have had alot of pictures accompanied by huge storage. GOOD JOB!

Having done such an extensive series, I think you could start to develop more thematic series of pictures (if you haven't already done so) e.g. Man & Nature (series of 3-5 pictures that best tell that story) or Living In Exile (life of tibetan refugees in Leh) that would be more editing and pulling related pictures together. You do need to think in advance about the story you wanna convey the next time you go into field, and 'cover' the necessary perspective.

Just a thought, well that would probably be what i'll be exploring next.

DSC_3085mcfssmile.jpg

another portrait of a sheep at hunder valley. i smudge the fulcrum of her mouth upwards to make a gentle smile.

DSC_3085mcfosmile.jpg

hehe... nice PS work there ... ;)

hi zoosh, apologies for OTing on this thread.. will remove this post immediately if u say the word..

i am planning a trip to ladakh... have started a thread here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517760

i managed to find ur itinerary and am thinking of using it... problem is i only have 11 days (at best 12 days).. could i just checked with you whether there is anything worthwhile seeing during your delhi to manali part of the trip:

Delhi to Manali
Jun 6, abt 6am, passing by Chandigrah
Jun 6, abt 4pm, arriving at manali (est 14-17hrs)
Jun 6 stay over manali (maybe sunshine guesthouse)

i am thinking of flying to manali so as to save time, would you recommend that? I probably will also be cutting off the last part of your trip, ie. the delhi-agra part to save another day... any comments on that as well? also, i understand some places u need a group of 4.. if i have only 2 or 3 persons in my group, can i just pay for the permits for the missing number of people and they allow me in? many thanks in advance!

becos i'm less productive and less selective mah. but actually the pictures shot in this trip is less than what i did for my first trip to india.

i tend to shoot as i go like a vacuum cleaner. it will be a good idea to be thematic and many times when i saw a potential in other people's shot, i do encourage that. but i myself isn't really a very disciplined person and making up a theme seems like picking isolated pieces from the library to match them up, not a very good idea. i'm still in an exploratory phase, so haven't been selective to hunt for specific themes.

of cos i still like to see and have to salute those that do a complete narrative journey of their pictures.

Omg, you're still going with Ladakh! You must have had alot of pictures accompanied by huge storage. GOOD JOB!

Having done such an extensive series, I think you could start to develop more thematic series of pictures (if you haven't already done so) e.g. Man & Nature (series of 3-5 pictures that best tell that story) or Living In Exile (life of tibetan refugees in Leh) that would be more editing and pulling related pictures together. You do need to think in advance about the story you wanna convey the next time you go into field, and 'cover' the necessary perspective.

Just a thought, well that would probably be what i'll be exploring next.

DSC_2368pafjos.jpg

monk met at chang la. the band on the right is actually orange.
i made it yellow as i find that more pleasing.

DSC_2368pafjo.jpg

zoossh, u've a very nice set here! :) love every pics

Last edited:
DSC_2151pafjos.jpg

another shot of the sunset at indus valley near leh

DSC_2151pafjo.jpg

DSC_2302pafjos.jpg

wall mural of thiksey monastery

DSC_2302pafjo.jpg

DSC_2174qgfos.jpg

view from hotel lumbrini, leh. motion blur added in the sky. trying out the effect

DSC_2174qgfjo.jpg