Alisan aka Jarissang rejoiced (H series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
2005/12 Jarissang (H, DSLR) non-photographic trip
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Criticisms welcomed. You can quote the thumbail and the sequence number, for reference in commenting, remark or question.
Travel Summary: for details and links, refer to Travel & Variety rejoiced

Equipments in this trip includes
1. nikon D50
2. sigma 10-20mm, nikkor 18-200mm, nikkor 50mm f/1.8
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
DSC_1527idfs.jpg

the 2nd time i revisited the place with a DSLR is met with bad overcast weather. if you are not one of those "chase the light" type of landscapist, just make do with what you have and go for the gloomy. so grab any colors you have. i boosted and altered the colors in this otherwise boring picture, but perhaps it is poorly done in my opinion

DSC_1527idfo.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_1598idfs.jpg

sorry for the fake looking 1st pic. but my skill at that time only like that only la, pp can't save much, i know. a square crop on the left may do better. hope the 2nd pic stays more true to the capture.

old abandoned train in a shed in one of the alishan train stations. it is under a green canvas, thus giving a greenish hue

DSC_1598idfo.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_1569mcfs.jpg

Tongku Saveq known to the bunun and Patunkuanu known to the tsao, this mountain was later known to the minnanese and chinese as yu-shan, the jade mountain, the highest mountain in east asia. this is the land of the bunun, although only 2 villages are left. aboriginal issues is often marginalised, and it is until 2004 that mountain-guide licenses was granted to the bunun tribeman, efforts inspired by a bunun pastor, Yohani Isqaqavut. More details here.

DSC_1569mcfo.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure this new thread will be as inspirational as all your others! A strong start with your signature pp style. Keep it coming!

I'm sure this new thread will be as inspirational as all your others! A strong start with your signature pp style. Keep it coming!

not really a new thread. the photos was shot in late 2005 when i first have DSLR. my failure rate is super high at that time. also is a family trip so didn't shoot a lot.

do u mind sharing ur setting for this shot.... anyway nice shot

10mm, f/22 at 1/500s
i was using it in darkness prior to sunrise and forgot to change ISO.
noise at ISO 1600 reduced with noise reduction post processing.

??? ain't we all typing english ??? :confused:

was referring to this

Tongku Saveq known to the bunun and Patunkuanu known to the tsao, this mountain was later known to the minnanese and chinese as yu-shan, the jade mountain, the highest mountain in east asia. this is the land of the bunun, although only 2 villages are left. aboriginal issues is often marginalised, and it is until 2004 that mountain-guide licenses was granted to the bunun tribeman, efforts inspired by a bunun pastor, Yohani Isqaqavut.

haha.. hows the europe trip coming along? lets go india or tibet next :p

was referring to this

Tongku Saveq known to the bunun and Patunkuanu known to the tsao, this mountain was later known to the minnanese and chinese as yu-shan, the jade mountain, the highest mountain in east asia. this is the land of the bunun, although only 2 villages are left. aboriginal issues is often marginalised, and it is until 2004 that mountain-guide licenses was granted to the bunun tribeman, efforts inspired by a bunun pastor, Yohani Isqaqavut.

haha.. hows the europe trip coming along? lets go india or tibet next :p

ic. those are the true and native names of the places, the names they should be called by now but forgotten in history after the colonisation and the arrival of the immigrants.

resolved the air ticket part for europe. going in june. i haven't decide on the next destination for next year.

Last edited:
ic. those are the true and native names of the places, the names they should be called by now but forgotten in history after the colonisation and the arrival of the immigrants.

resolved the air ticket part for europe. going in june. i haven't decide on the next destination for next year.

yup... those words looked :bigeyes: mah.. i hope to join you the next time around. hopefully asia

DSC_1527idfs.jpg

#1​

the 2nd time i revisited the place with a DSLR is met with bad overcast weather. if you are not one of those "chase the light" type of landscapist, just make do with what you have and go for the gloomy. so grab any colors you have. i boosted and altered the colors in this otherwise boring picture, but perhaps it is poorly done in my opinion​

I beg to differ .. Love this one, zoossh!
I don't think it would be that impactful if it's not that gloomy :bsmilie:

To me, it really doesn't look at all boring and the colors really fits the mood.. Kinda like a lonely feeling. :thumbsup:

the 2nd time i revisited the place with a DSLR is met with bad overcast weather. if you are not one of those "chase the light" type of landscapist, just make do with what you have and go for the gloomy. so grab any colors you have. i boosted and altered the colors in this otherwise boring picture, but perhaps it is poorly done in my opinion

DSC_1527idfo.jpg
[/CENTER]

Status
Not open for further replies.