Delhi to Ladakh rejoiced (H series)

DSC_0295%20mcfs.jpg

truck driver, at tandi

DSC_0295%20mcfo.jpg

Wow, love your photos.

How do you remember all the details for your shots? Example like locations and people.
Normally by the time I'm back from any trips, would have forgotten the name of the place where the photo is taken already.

Thanks in advance
Cheers

DSC_0871mcfj50100.jpg

#123​

i'm back.​

this is pang, a place marked by a few tents with nothing else nearby for hours of drive. my only photograph of the location. i remember i was very unwell with mountain sickness and felt very nauseous. at this resting place, i couldn't get down of the jeep and ask my friends to buy me a few chocholate bars as lunch as i feel i might vomit any other things taken. i took this from the jeep parked by the road "far far away" from pang... with the high altitude and thin air and for the weaker ones, short distances becomes quite long​

the mate who bought me the chocholate bars have his good shots of pang too at close distance. see here.​

Gorgeous shot!! Love this!

Wow, love your photos.

How do you remember all the details for your shots? Example like locations and people.
Normally by the time I'm back from any trips, would have forgotten the name of the place where the photo is taken already.

Thanks in advance
Cheers

i took a shot of every label i can see along the way. as i planned the route, i have a rough idea of the directions and what is in between/before/after what. also a lot of credit actually goes to my travelling mates who help me note down or remember the names of the location, esp paul.

i then subsequently put my pictures in folders and subfolders by region and location, sometimes further subdivided by different days for same location. that helps me track my memories.

Gorgeous shot!! Love this!

thanks. febrita. the ground elements and the lighting makes it easier to shoot as such, though the GND filter works for what i wanted.

thanks for the tip!!!

DSC_2663mcfs.jpg

sunrise at spangmik.

DSC_2663mcfo.jpg

DSC_3252mcfs.jpg

moon and mountain. at hunder.

DSC_3252mcfo.jpg

your photos are inspiring! this is wad travel photography should be like =D thanks for sharing...

DSC_4136fcfjrs.jpg

last one for the day. never have posted so many pics in a single day, i guess. another pair of sisters having fun at the deer park in new delhi

Really liked this shot, looked at it longer to understand why it worked so well for me. Nice emotions captured (girl facing us) with a hint of mystery (girl back to us). From this point of view, I can actually feel like I am playing the role of the subject on the left. Calming green colours add to the lighthearted mood. There is also the unique instance in which the subjects were actually interacting with the frame of the photo.

Will be digging through the rest of the pages (rather belatedly) , I'm sure will find more gems. :)

Last edited:
thanks, ahbian, do give some suggestion on the weaker shots.

DSC_2807mcfs.jpg

i took a shot for my travel mates with the monks at chamday/chamrey monastery.

DSC_2807mcfo.jpg

DSC_0664%20mcfs.jpg

another shot at zingzingla

DSC_0664%20mcfo.jpg

DSC_1903%20mcfs.jpg

a tent that we stop by for lunch at alchi.

DSC_1903%20mcfo.jpg

DSC_2317%20mcfs.jpg

at thiksey monastery.

DSC_2317%20mcfo.jpg

DSC_9630%20mcfs.jpg

an old lady at old manali

DSC_9630%20mcfo.jpg

and which i thought a further crop and b/w conversion may give another feeling too.

DSC_9630%20mcf%20bw%20pan%20o.jpg

OMG... this is still being updated. :bsmilie:
Zooossh, u're sure very loooooooooooooong-life in ur threads...

OMG... this is still being updated. :bsmilie:
Zooossh, u're sure very loooooooooooooong-life in ur threads...

if you post yours, it will be very long too. so many gems there.

anyway no choice, have been going nowhere recently.

Last edited:
DSC_3237%20mcfs.jpg

another landscape at hunder

DSC_3237%20mcfo.jpg

DSC_3431mcfs.jpg

tibetan bus stop at hunder village.

DSC_3431mcfo.jpg