D7000 Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the D7000 yesterday and most here are up to speed with the price.

Cheers.

Can you rephrase your sentence? Looks like you mumbled something in a hurry or my command of the language is seriously lacking.

Can you rephrase your sentence? Looks like you mumbled something in a hurry or my command of the language is seriously lacking.

I believe it was said in jest and suggested that the camera specs is so good that he actually wanted that long time ago. And that many ppl here are ok with the pricing. :)

To All: the D7000 official launch thread can be seen "here"

Last edited:
Hi ppl,
i am also waiting for D7k body like everyone else. Just now saw the D300S promotion thread also and it makes me thinking whether should go for D300S or D7k coz price difference is not much.
Actually D7k price is already too much for me so just thinking shelling couple of hundreds more will be a good idea or not.
please advise.
just bought Tamron 17-50 VC for my upcoming new body:)

Hi ppl,
i am also waiting for D7k body like everyone else. Just now saw the D300S promotion thread also and it makes me thinking whether should go for D300S or D7k coz price difference is not much.
Actually D7k price is already too much for me so just thinking shelling couple of hundreds more will be a good idea or not.
please advise.
just bought Tamron 17-50 VC for my upcoming new body:)

Personally, I will go for the D7000. The specs is really impressive (speaking from a D3s and D700 owner)

The problem is whether you can get you hands on one soon or can wait. I foresee it being a really hot item and demand will outstrip supply at least till Dec?

I agree with bro PE to go for the D7k as the ISO performance is quite impressive and with the new specs and that killer 16mp. The ISO of D300s is so-so only IMHO. Furthermore the price for D7k comes with the kit lens and since you hv got the Tammy you can sell the kit lens off for $400(?) (but I'd recommend you keep it) to bring your total damages to the range of +/-$1600(?), assuming all things being equal. Still better than $1800 or $2k dun you think so?

Last edited:
i got you man!! lemme chk my luck then. have already sent mail to each dealer in town for my pre-order. Lets see. any idea for street price for body only.

that means body only price is around $1900...disappointing. :(

that's always D3100 at a not so jaw dropping price... but of course, the specs also not jaw dropping.

as a master once said... pay peanuts, get monkeys :bsmilie:

Reading all the post seem that D7000 kits set is around $2300. Is this final o still estimation?

Reading all the post seem that D7000 kits set is around $2300. Is this final o still estimation?
$2299 is Nikon RRP so street price should be lesser but do check with all the dealers around for your best price. Slated to be in SG market by mid Nov.

Congratulations to the first SG D7000 owner! Your unboxing is... way... too.... tempting....

Will be calling dealer for pricing now >_<

for those in doubt over d300s or d7000, seriously u should all go get the d300s...so that supply for d7k will b easy for me to hunt down 1:devil:

Been waiting for this beast to be unleashed. Hope will be able to get it before xmas (n_n)

Nikon has released ViewNX 2 v2.0.3, Capture NX2 v2.2.6 and Camera Control Pro 2.8.0 for Mac and Windows, updates that add support for the D7000 as well as introduce other minor feature tweaks and correct bugs.

No update yet for Nikon Asia, only Nikon Europe.

Last edited:
i might just make that easier for you, now that i know the RRP for D7K is certain at S$2299

but then again....i may just add onto the D7K queue after seeing it at kopi session on 29Oct :)

for those in doubt over d300s or d7000, seriously u should all go get the d300s...so that supply for d7k will b easy for me to hunt down 1:devil:

Looking at this price S$2299 is really high. I don't need the kit len too.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.