D600 User Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What freebies u get ?
No more dust issue already for current batch ?

Freebies - 2 x 16gb SD, extra battery, tripod, dry cabinet, cleaning kit, nikon bag, black rapid camera strap, card reader.

Dust issue don't know yet, haven't check. Hope not too serious.

blueblood said:
Freebies - 2 x 16gb SD, extra battery, tripod, dry cabinet, cleaning kit, nikon bag, black rapid camera strap, card reader.

Wah the freebies are not bad bro!

Just back from SITEX. The crowd in the afternoon is not too bad, but towards the evening, it is terrible. Also the flood gate opens, see a lot of FT.

Managed to get the D600 at $2600 plus freebies, cash payment. Think the Nikon booth is managed by HN. The CSO seems to be earning on commission, different people quote different price. You need to get the right one.

Care to share who the CSO u bought from?

Care to share who the CSO u bought from?

For those who ask, actually he was the 3rd CSO. The booth is quite big, full of people and CSOs. The first gal I gave me 2600 for cash, 2650 for nets and 2700 cc. I walked around to the next corner, another gal then offered me 2750 for any payment. I then went to the IT section while cooling a bit. When I returned, a guy offered me 2600. I didn't get his name, you need to ask around discretely.

blueblood said:

Very good deal then. Looks like complete freebies :)

I'm curious if the dust still persist in the latest batch or solved already.

I thought Dust is package together as free gift too...lol....just kidding. ..
I'm hope Nikon resolved this issue already. ..kind of annoying. ..if they can solved D800 left focus issue...this should be chicken feet to them! !

blueblood said:

Wow. Is this the first time they offer real useful freebies? Or am I so out of touch with the quality of freebies nowadays?

Uncle Meng said:
Wow. Is this the first time they offer real useful freebies?

Agree.

If the battery is original one, it's a superb deal :)

blueblood said:
Which booth has the D600? Not by Nikon Simgapore right? They still selling at $3249, with PWP lens, and some freebies.

No, that's only the price on the price tag.

nice deal!

i had shot over 400 pics on my recently bought d600 n no dust issue so far...touch wood

A bit too late I guess, but I just got my D600! Haha a big upgrade for me from the D60, adding one more zero does make a lot of difference. :D

A bit too late I guess, but I just got my D600! Haha a big upgrade for me from the D60, adding one more zero does make a lot of difference. :D

Haha, better late than never. Congrats. Where did you get from ? SITEX ?

This is my first DSLR, still trying out the settings. I used to film, FM2. Hope fellow bros can guild me along.

blueblood said:
Haha, better late than never. Congrats. Where did you get from ? SITEX ?

This is my first DSLR, still trying out the settings. I used to film, FM2. Hope fellow bros can guild me along.

Haha, this is also my first DSLR, D60 was my father's that I practiced on for a good couple of years. The full frame goodness is extremely delicious, for a DX user like me, you can immediately notice the difference. Enjoy your new camera! Coming from film is a looong way haha :D

jus a thought i hv in mind, not sure if any1 doing it.

set cam to take pic and save RAW in slot 1 and jpeg in slot 2.
even the max good quality of jpeg fine+optimal quality is abt 1/2 the data size of a RAW file.

eg so slot 1 is 16Gb which slot 2 use a 8Gb card.

reason so we will need to change both memory card at abt the same time so that it's easier to manage if hv multiple memory cards full of pics...any1 tried?

Hi,

I have a very "creative" way for my 2 slots arrangement. I believed this "out-of-box" arrangement is interesting and like to share with all of you..

Slot 1 : 16GB SD Extreme 45MB/s
Slot 2 : 16GB Micro SD Extreme 30MB/s with empty adapter (SG$ 23)

Once finished, I transfer the Micro SD card to my Note II phone.

With this arrangement,
1. I can share photos with friends/family in bigger screen and user friendly touch screen.
2. I can upload photos to FB via 3G or WIFI. Don't need to buy 3rd party WIFI adapter to upload to Internet..
3. I can send photos to other easily (whatapps or other software)
4. I can backup photos in my phones
5. I don't need a card reader
6. I don't need a laptop during traveling
7. I don't need PS on PC for PP. I can use Android software
8. I don't need to wait for WU-1B adapter for D600 to transfer photo to mobile phone
9. .... may be you can tell me

And the cost for all the above is only SG$ 23 to buy one more 16GB card.

I have tested it and "double confirm" it is workable....

Pls click "Likes" if you like my idea.

Cheer! :)

Last edited:
i like ur idea...
but i dun use a note 2, i use htc 1 x....interesting thought, mayb i can ask my wife to upgrade to note 2 nex week...

yapck888 said:
Hi,

I have a very "creative" way for my 2 slots arrangement. I believed this "out-of-box" arrangement is interesting and like to share with all of you..

Slot 1 : 16GB SD Extreme 45MB/s
Slot 2 : 16GB Micro SD Extreme 30MB/s with empty adapter (SG$ 23)

Once finished, I transfer the Micro SD card to my Note II phone.

With this arrangement,
1. I can share photos with friends/family in bigger screen and user friendly touch screen.
2. I can upload photos to FB via 3G or WIFI. Don't need to buy 3rd party WIFI adapter to upload to Internet..
3. I can send photos to other easily (whatapps or other software)
4. I can backup photos in my phones
5. I don't need a card reader
6. I don't need a laptop during traveling
7. I don't need PS on PC for PP. I can use Android software
8. I don't need to wait for WU-1B adapter for D600 to transfer photo to mobile phone
9. .... may be you can tell me

And the cost for all the above is only SG$ 23 to buy one more 16GB card.

I have tested it and "double confirm" it is workable....

Pls click "Likes" if you like my idea.

Cheer! :)

This is a good alternative!
It just that you can't save RAW files right? Or is there any mobile apps able to read RAW files?
Most of my shots are RAW.

i think use mobile to read RAW files would b quite a handful...
shoot both raw+jpeg and save jpeg in slot 2.
sounds like a good idea,now need to get a note 2....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.