D600 User Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This idea is indeed quite innovative, but I don't think the phone's stock software can read RAW, only Jpeg, or am I wrong. Anyways, there is an app on the Android Market called Android Photo Backup that can be used to read RAW files and is free, so I guess RAW files should not be a problem with this app installed. :D

Infinex said:
This idea is indeed quite innovative, but I don't think the phone's stock software can read RAW, only Jpeg, or am I wrong. Anyways, there is an app on the Android Market called Android Photo Backup that can be used to read RAW files and is free, so I guess RAW files should not be a problem with this app installed. :D

Thanks Infinex!
May try it out & oso looking out for such mobile software.
Cheers!!

Tats quite an interesting way to upload photos for sharing... But i only use iphone so doesnt benefit me hahaha. But for travelling, i would rather buy additional memory cards if i need them instead of backing up to my phone.

Btw, issit just me? Most of my shots with my 35mm f2D wide open doesnt seem to be sharp. I can think of several possible reasons:

1) FF dof is shallower than dx. I need to get used to making as little movement as possible while recomposing

2) i dunno if its due to user problem (me); when viewed 100%, it seems a bit blur like it is justttt a bit out of focus

3) the high megapixels body is outresolving the lens

4) i need to learn how to fine fune AF using d600

I shoot raw, and i haven tried much mf (yet).. After shootin d80 for quite a few yrs... usually, getting a shot in focus has become 2nd nature to me. I dun have focus problems with my d80. But now with d600, it seems like im a newbie again learning how to focus :/ it happens even with my 80-200 lens... Anyone experience this?

Hi,

I have a very "creative" way for my 2 slots arrangement. I believed this "out-of-box" arrangement is interesting and like to share with all of you..

Slot 1 : 16GB SD Extreme 45MB/s
Slot 2 : 16GB Micro SD Extreme 30MB/s with empty adapter (SG$ 23)

Once finished, I transfer the Micro SD card to my Note II phone.

With this arrangement,
1. I can share photos with friends/family in bigger screen and user friendly touch screen.
2. I can upload photos to FB via 3G or WIFI. Don't need to buy 3rd party WIFI adapter to upload to Internet..
3. I can send photos to other easily (whatapps or other software)
4. I can backup photos in my phones
5. I don't need a card reader
6. I don't need a laptop during traveling
7. I don't need PS on PC for PP. I can use Android software
8. I don't need to wait for WU-1B adapter for D600 to transfer photo to mobile phone
9. .... may be you can tell me

And the cost for all the above is only SG$ 23 to buy one more 16GB card.

I have tested it and "double confirm" it is workable....

Pls click "Likes" if you like my idea.

Cheer! :)

Very nice idea! But it will cost me S$823, because I don't have (yet) Galaxy Note II LOL!

The focusing on my D600 with my 28-300 lens which I use mainly has been sharp and crisp, even at high ISOs (Eg 3200), my pictures often come out blur only if my hands were not stable. Otherwise, focusing is fine.

Ahhh then it must be me... Gotta test further...
1 thing tat is a bit of nuisance is the directional pad which is so small, im having trouble pressing the diagonals when moving around in pic review

Btw, im a lazy guy. How do u guys go from AF to MF? For me i'd just flip the switch on the body to MF. Have been doing tat for years and wondering if its actually ok to do tat...

Last edited:
That I agree, there is some space so a bigger D-Pad would be better(ny pet peeve) .. One of those moments when you are adjusting the AF points while looking through the viewfinder and I end up fiddling around, trying to work the D-Pad, other than that, I love this camera.

i like ur idea...
but i dun use a note 2, i use htc 1 x....interesting thought, mayb i can ask my wife to upgrade to note 2 nex week...

I think HTC supports MicroSD card too...

I used my new D600 for wedding AD assignment last week, it gives me higher chance of OOF during low light than my D700. :(

I used my new D600 for wedding AD assignment last week, it gives me higher chance of OOF during low light than my D700. :(

Experienced OOF issues with my D600 too.

avsquare said:
Experienced OOF issues with my D600 too.

In low light too?

Did u guys managed to lock focus, but the pic turned out oof? Or the AF was hunting in low light?

Alamak.... just when I was about to get it.... OOF problem, then the initial oil/dust problem... how like that???

The D700 has that Auto Focus Mode Selector that allows the photog to easily switch from Dynamic to Single AF. How do we do this now with the D600? Have you figured out a way to easily do this?

PS: please don't tell me to RTFM hehe.

And crop a 3rd time :)
8009512607_9858d8010d_z.jpg

8009513025_665978f12d_z.jpg

Is it hand held?

The D700 has that Auto Focus Mode Selector that allows the photog to easily switch from Dynamic to Single AF. How do we do this now with the D600? Have you figured out a way to easily do this?

PS: please don't tell me to RTFM hehe.

Google

Status
Not open for further replies.