CBD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightZ88

Oct 4, 2005
To stir a gloomy and eerie feeling whereby the branches seem to 'creep' and overwhelm e buildings. hence, e coloration of the picture and e tone of the sky and cloud patterns.
what is your take on this?

This pic doesn't work for me. Give me a cramped feeling. Maybe it would be better if you frame the branch at 1 corner and not "cutting" the building.

This pic doesn't work for me. Give me a cramped feeling. Maybe it would be better if you frame the branch at 1 corner and not "cutting" the building.

okiez.. thanks for the advice. will look into it next time.. :)

The branches work for me.
but the buildings... look like just underexposed blocks sticking up o_O

since it's in sepia, i think dun hv to take facing the sunlight, probably the reason why everything is so dark.

To stir a gloomy and eerie feeling whereby the branches seem to 'creep' and overwhelm e buildings. hence, e coloration of the picture and e tone of the sky and cloud patterns.

this picture works for me - but i don't get the gloomy and eerie feeling you have intended the viewer to get.

composition wise it's pretty well-balanced, and overall an effective shot.

this picture works for me - but i don't get the gloomy and eerie feeling you have intended the viewer to get.

composition wise it's pretty well-balanced, and overall an effective shot.

Hi Night,

as with Schon, apart from the coloration and tone i don't think the composition is really effective in reflecting gloomy and eerieness. Rather, i felt that the strong contrast between the rectilinear building form and the rather organic branches was quite delightful. Overall, i like the composition but i find it hard to relate to the idea.

Bern

thanks guys for e comments.. initially i thought it would seem gloomy. but e more i look at it, e less gloomy it seems..

Same here. I feel that the photo is not that eerie and gloomy, but the composition is rather pleasing. The branch criss-crossing in front of the building on the extreme right ruins the photo a little, but otherwise, it's a nice photo.

While this is a good effort in creating a gloomy effect, your title doesn't really bring that across. I am sure there is always a better angle to take this shot by moving around... like you could try moving more to your right and tilting your cam more to your left down.

You have also lost the original intention of using sepia as this is more silhouetted than sepia.

Status
Not open for further replies.