Want advice on 2nd hand Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i / EOS 600D

Jan 20, 2024
Hi! I own my own ecommerce store, but I cannot afford to pay for product photography. Hence, am hoping to learn to self-produce, mainly for Macro pictures. Can use my phone for the wide-angled ones, but macro just fell short on my phone. Can't figure out how to get things to zoom in well. Hence the thought of getting a DSLR. Came across this listing on Carousell:

Price: $430
- Canon EOS 600D DSLR Camera Body
- Tamron A16E Lens AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II Aspherical
- Canon Macro Lens EF 100mm f/2.8 USM
- Canon Shutter Release CA RS-60E3
- Canon Speedlite 420EX
- Wireless Remote Controller RC-6
- Spare battery
- EOS Bag
- Dry cabinet

Intention of use of camera: To take product photos and videos

Thought it was a good deal. However, my concern was the macro picture's quality? Looked at some of the youtube videos, felt that it feels a bit grainy? (
/
) Which is a no-no for product photography. As I am a total noob in DSLR, hope to get veteran's opinion on it.

My Question is:
- Does good lighting system solve the graininess issue? I want crisp macro pics.
- What is your take on the above package?
- Any other advice and thoughts?

Thanks!

You could use that canon package but you can shoot video on your phone and for macro what do you mean phone fall short for you? What products are you shooting? Most consumers will be using their phones for viewing so you don't need that high a quality that macro photographers do, you need just bright lighting and sharp focus.

Hi One Eye Jack, thanks for responding! Want to take earrings and candles photos. I tried taking some videos with my phone, as well as close up photo of candles, but the autofocus is quite off on my phone. So it was quite obvious to be homemade pics and vids? Was hoping to get a 2nd hand DSLR so I can get slightly more professional photos
You could use that canon package but you can shoot video on your phone and for macro what do you mean phone fall short for you? What products are you shooting? Most consumers will be using their phones for viewing so you don't need that high a quality that macro photographers do, you need just bright lighting and sharp focus

Hi One Eye Jack, thanks for responding! Want to take earrings and candles photos. I tried taking some videos with my phone, as well as close up photo of candles, but the autofocus is quite off on my phone. So it was quite obvious to be homemade pics and vids? Was hoping to get a 2nd hand DSLR so I can get slightly more professional photos

Alright bro, here are some tips on photographing jewellery and candles on a budget. Good luck!✌️