canon or nikon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You buy what fits into your training. If the school/ trainser uses Nikon as their main gear, then it will be easier for you to match it so that you can sync with the teaching.
It is not about professional brand, it just a bunch of people that you happen to meet. Can't expect the trainer to use Nikon one moment, switch to Canon the next second and then Pentax right.

While I don't know about Nikon academy but it did say "Nikon", so you should rightfully wear the appropriate uniform. That's my own expectation.

guys, need your help ! I own a canon 450d and would like to shoot wedding events.
i just went to a professional wedding shooting course recently. I've noticed tht, the PRO
using Nikon so like the other participants. Should i go for nikon too. Moreover the Nikon Academy offers alot of tutorial courses regularly. Comments PLz !!!

lol. if the "PRO" use kodak disposable also you change to disposable?

If one chooses to, he/she may elect to use a disposable camera or a toy camera to shoot a wedding AND get paid for it.

Seriously.

If TS can't shoot a wedding properly with a 450D, then something else is wrong with this equation.

guys, need your help ! I own a canon 450d and would like to shoot wedding events.
i just went to a professional wedding shooting course recently. I've noticed tht, the PRO
using Nikon so like the other participants. Should i go for nikon too. Moreover the Nikon Academy offers alot of tutorial courses regularly. Comments PLz !!!

I suggest you don't change brand unless you are perfectly clear why you are doing it. I have owned/still own numerous brands and shot quite a few photos with them. It is true that certain cameras have certain characteristics that certain people prefer. So if you are saying that you choose a camera because of the DRange or the color tone or speed or certain features of a camera that you like and it is something you think you need, then fair enough.

But do note that certain characteristics cannot be measured or may not reflect accurately in measurements, so don't believe every metric you see online.

If your reason for switching is for free courses, then.... why not? In this kind of economy, free is always good :D

However, if you want to switch because Mr Pro Extraordinaire is using it, then I urge you to reconsider. This is because what he/she likes in the camera might not be what you will like as a photographer. Besides there are countless pros using all the different brands of camera, which one should you follow?

Without a proper consideration of specific characteristics or features of a camera, questions like 'Canon or Nikon or Sony or Olympus or Pentax or Panda Brand....' are irrelevant at best. You might as well ask 'Sweet or Sour or Spicy or Salty or Hot or Cold'. Even if specific features are being discussed, it would still be a matter of preferences.

Oh come on +evenstar, don't you think you are being a little too harsh on the poor fella and even on his command of english? As long as TS and participants of the thread do not diss each other's brands, i think it can lead to a friendly and conclusive discussion to help SYLBORN.

TS, since you already own a canon, you might know that it is already one of the best brands available for DSLR camera bodies. If you decide to switch just because you think you can justify Nikon's courses to be worth the time, money and hassle, then go ahead. I mean how many courses are there for you take before you get bored or take all of them and end up still having to learn by yourself? Otherwise you will find many good books, magazines and courses on photography and maybe even specifically for Canon equipment as well.

And like the others have said, choosing what Pros use is not really a gd idea, unless you are aspiring to be exactly just like one of them, emulating their every gear and behaviour. Otherwise it would be way more logical to choose something you are comfortable with, and only yourself would know what it is. ;p

You should have joined a Canon course and not the other one's..

Mingle with the dark side, then get tempted with the dark side. Especially when you are still weak in skills.
Be strong young Padawan.. the Force is with you..

Status
Not open for further replies.