Can the Exif info be modified?

Status
Not open for further replies.
27mm is correct for a 1.5x crop lah.. ;p

Yah.. I think he took someone else's picture and pasted on his existing image.

Anyway, the EXIF time is 6:42am on 9 Aug, I guess the sun is not even out yet.. ;p

Oh yah... Sleepy, my maths are failing. :p

6:42am?? LOL

lots of fishy things going on here.

Oh yah... Sleepy, my maths are failing. :p

6:42am?? LOL

lots of fishy things going on here.

Let's scrutinize the EXIF.. ;p I have put the fishy entries in bold.

[Image]
Image Description = SONY DSC
Make = SONY
Model = DSLR-A350
Orientation = top/left
X Resolution = 240
Y Resolution = 240
Resolution Unit = inch
Software = Adobe Photoshop CS Windows
Date Time = 2008-08-16 20:47:37

Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 236
Time Zone Offset = 8, 8

[Camera]
Exposure Time = 1/50"
F Number = F5.6
Exposure Program = Normal program
ISO Speed Ratings = 100
Exif Version = Version 2.21
Date Time Original = 2008-08-09 06:42:56
Date Time Digitized = 2008-08-09 06:42:56

Shutter Speed Value = 5.64 TV
Aperture Value = 4.97 AV
Brightness Value = 5.75 BV
Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV
Max Aperture Value = F3.49
Metering Mode = Pattern
Light Source = Daylight
Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 18mm
Color Space = Uncalibrated
Exif Image Width = 864
Exif Image Height = 575
File Source = DSC
Scene Type = A directly photographed image
Custom Rendered = Normal process
Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
White Balance = Manual white balance
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 27mm
Scene Capture Type = Normal
Contrast = Normal
Saturation = Normal
Sharpness = Normal

[Thumbnail Info]
Compression = JPEG Compressed (Thumbnail)
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch
JPEG Interchange Format = Offset: 790
JPEG Interchange Format Length = Length: 3040

[Thumbnail]
Thumbnail = 160 x 106

could it be just simply paste the airplane image on an existing none related image, so all the Exif info are belong to the airplane image?

could it be just simply paste the airplane image on an existing none related image, so all the Exif info are belong to the airplane image?

That's what I'm thinking. He just pasted the airplane image probably ripped from somewhere into one of his images and saved the file.

1/50th sec and the plane frozen? lol, edited obviously. 18mm too? Your friend was must be Panning flying with it

1/50th sec and the plane frozen? lol, edited obviously. 18mm too? Your friend was must be Panning flying with it

Hmm... Peter Pan? ;p

Anyway, the clouds are pretty distinct, so not a panning shot.. ;p

told you already, his friend is flying.. i mean lying.

More like violating someone's IP. In this circle, claiming someone else's image as your own is a big no-no!! It boils down to ethics.

More like violating someone's IP. In this circle, claiming someone else's image as your own is a big no-no!! It boils down to ethics.

I totally agree with you, not so much on ethics but being shameless to use other's creations which in this case, it is image.... :thumbsd:

dsc04800pz7.jpg

As above, anybody knows? Coz got a photo by a friend, says he took the picture, but it look suspicious...

You are doubting your friend?

seems like a remarkably common occurance nowadays... which is not good, of course.

When will people mature? Sigh...

When will they stop being people? we are humans. It is within our capability, and hence it is within us, to sin. and sin we do. Although in this case it is slightly (only slightly) less harmless than the kind of IP theft that we have seen recently in CS

with the shutter speed and focus length, maybe he took a photo of a poster? then that would make sense. The noise on the photo (yet ISO 100) is due to the original poster. and since its a poster, 18mm and 1/50 sec is definitely no problem.

with the shutter speed and focus length, maybe he took a photo of a poster? then that would make sense. The noise on the photo (yet ISO 100) is due to the original poster. and since its a poster, 18mm and 1/50 sec is definitely no problem.

Why didnt i think of that, yes it is possible, only thing i can think of is his lighting control must be very good to get a even out exposure for the entire image... :think: should ponder....maybe go back home later try!

It was taken with 18mm lens on a 200 megapixel camera, then cropped 100%.

Why didnt i think of that, yes it is possible, only thing i can think of is his lighting control must be very good to get a even out exposure for the entire image... :think: should ponder....maybe go back home later try!

Hmm... That is quite possible.. Why didn't I think of that.. :think: But still, that's a reproduction of an image which is not his. ;p If he showed the wall, it would be a different story...

Last edited:
EXIF information can easily be edited. There are tools out there such as OPanda EXIF, etc. that makes this easy.

Hmm... That is quite possible.. Why didn't I think of that.. :think: But still, that's a reproduction of an image which is not his. ;p If he showed the wall, it would be a different story...

Lol.... sometimes, i feel that i must see things in a different pespective....this might help me in my shoots too! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.