Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess what Haqeel?

Someone near our area did get it captured!
Checkout this > http://nightevents.blogspot.com/2009/11/leonids-nov-18-2009-local-time-am.html

ahhh so lucky. i was so mad for releasing my shutter too soon.
i was in bulb mode. when i released. FEW SECONDS later, i saw the greenish light tail. :angry:

DSC04419.jpg

Last edited:
wow someone actually capture the stars.. camped for 1/2 hour saw none... =.=

No scam...just that singapore is too bright (man-made lights), last night was slightly cloudy too. wait a while and search the internet from news from other parts of the world...

Sg just isnt suitable for stargazing/astronomy as a hobby...thats why i gave up and switched to photography ;)

Well, you do do both too! Airconvent, Weixing and myself, including other lurking astro guys are having fun doing both!

At least now I know what you did with the money you got from selling your astro gear!

Tachyon..! long time no see...i still have a LOMO Astele class maksutov that im trying to sell off..but no buyers..sad.

Anyway for meteor enthusiasts...the next one will be in Dec 12-14th 2009, The Geminids Shower. The moon is in waxing phase (chu 26 and 27) so the light from the moon once again is not interfering much.

Tachyon..! long time no see...i still have a LOMO Astele class maksutov that im trying to sell off..but no buyers..sad.

Anyway for meteor enthusiasts...the next one will be in Dec 12-14th 2009, The Geminids Shower. The moon is in waxing phase (chu 26 and 27) so the light from the moon once again is not interfering much.

Hi antares, thanks for the info on Geminids.
Mind giving pointers on where to look for it eg: direction NW, NE?
singastro.org is down for the moment for me to more research related locally for observation. Hope you can help on this. :)

Poor thing for those who stayed awake overnight. Should have had a good sleep and wake up at 5am to catch all the action.

Not really. By 5, all will miss the most beautiful trail of all.
It just take one to make the night worthwhile... :)

after browsing through my 300++ photos i took yesterday :sweat:, i found this one!:D

DSC_5133.jpg

is the one with green trail meteor? taken at 5:45am in Japanese garden :bsmilie::bsmilie:

there were actually quite a number. Just that singapore's light polluted nightscape + cloudy sky wasn't the most ideal

DSC_5133.jpg

is the one with green trail meteor? taken at 5:45am in Japanese garden

Nope... The one i mentioned happen before 4am or around that time when i was setting up my tripod... :)

However, this is a beautiful picture you got there... ;) :thumbsup:

there were actually quite a number. Just that singapore's light polluted nightscape + cloudy sky wasn't the most ideal

Maybe an IR cam can help?
The one from the blog is captured using video recorder.

Maybe an IR cam can help?
The one from the blog is captured using video recorder.

Video recorder with motion detector, the blogger is Y. K. Chia.
IR cam is good for deep sky objects, I am not sure whether it is suitable
for meteors photos or not

Video recorder with motion detector, the blogger is Y. K. Chia.
IR cam is good for deep sky objects, I am not sure whether it is suitable
for meteors photos or not

He is a CS too? :)

Just saw his DIY setup here

I am intrigued by his simple setup... too bad too many light pollution outside my windows...

after browsing through my 300++ photos i took yesterday :sweat:, i found this one!:D

DSC_5133.jpg

is the one with green trail meteor? taken at 5:45am in Japanese garden :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Good try in Singapore light polluted and cloudy sky.

He is a CS too? :)

Just saw his DIY setup here

I am intrigued by his simple setup... too bad too many light pollution outside my windows...

I am not sure Y. K. Chia is clunsnapper or not. Singastrorian Tachyon, Weixing may know.

sorry but why do you guys even bother to take pictures? the only way to take the shower is from the telescopic lens. so why dont u just enjoy the moment?

sorry but why do you guys even bother to take pictures? the only way to take the shower is from the telescopic lens. so why dont u just enjoy the moment?

Most CSers attitude are to take photo whenever possible ... I believe they were enjoying the moments too. :)

lol yea :)

Was planning to but in the end didn't. Any shot I'd take would be crappy anyway :p

Not true. You don't need a telescopic lens to capture a meteor shower. In fact, it will be harder to take a meteor shower using a telescopic lens. Honestly, Singapore is not suitable for long exposures for astrophotography. But if you do want to try, I believe the Geminids shower shall be a better show, if the sky is not overcast...

Status
Not open for further replies.