Apr 27, 2009
next to you
The Leonids Meteor Shower
Host: Science Centre Singapore
Type: Meetings - Informational Meeting
Network: Global
Start Time: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 8:00pm
End Time: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 5:00am
i was listening to the radion when this came about just now. So i googled and found this link
http://www.singastro.org/viewtopic.php?p=56536

Details below-

DescriptionThe Science Centre Singapore and TASOS are celebrating the International Year of Astronomy (IYA) 2009 with a big bang. The stars of the show are forecasted to be a meteor storm that will happen between 3am to 5am.

Astronomers have predicted that the annual Leonids might put up the most dramatic light show not seen in recent years as the earth passes close to the centre of the comet’s debris trail laid down in 1466. The ideal locations for viewing are in Asia and North America.

On stage, there will be performances by Kenji Williams, an audio visual art performer, while offstage, visitors will be entertained by the Science Buskers. For astronomy buffs, an accompanying meteorite exhibition, a talk by TASOS, on-site telescope viewing of the planet Jupiter and inflatable planetarium tours for children will also be held.

Time: 8pm – 5am (*8pm – 2am: activities / 2am – 5am: free & easy)

Just thought of sharing the news. Good day my friends

To answer your question from over on the now closed Quadro thread. No shots from where I was as for most of the week Perth was blanketed in solid 8/8 cloud with squally rain and thunderstorms from time to time. Not good for the Leonids. I was cursing big time haha.

Ah the rain. same here, it seems mother nature loves to tease us from time to time hahah. all that was captured were moving clouds . really peaceful thou to be alone with the lens pointing to the sky in an open field in the early morning. it seems astronomy takes a lot of dedication and patience .

Ah the rain. same here, it seems mother nature loves to tease us from time to time hahah. all that was captured were moving clouds . really peaceful thou to be alone with the lens pointing to the sky in an open field in the early morning. it seems astronomy takes a lot of dedication and patience .

Yep, for the past few years the leonids have been pretty over-hyped by the media. Astronomy is a massive teacher of patience.1

Status
Not open for further replies.