Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of now, have spotted like 4 with 1 leaving a magnificent greeny trail for about 3 second and sadly I was setting up my tripod when it happened.

Into 1 hour of pitching on the field, sky is getting clearer withlesser clouds. Stars at blinking beautifully though I wish it can be brighter but due to my location, I can't fuss about it.

Now I'm just letting the video run while I lay on the field and enjoy the cooling morning dew.
Hopefully, with 5 more minutes into the predicted "peak", I hope to catch something beautiful.

^^

i can see dots moving in the sky. is it the clouds, or is NASA scamming us :bsmilie:

Stood 2hours. Managed to see one!
But didnt got it on camera. It was after i realsed my shutter, while processing, i saw one tiny streak of light. Give up already now. Damn tired. Hope to see pictures sooon! ;)

No meteor shower :(

Don't think I caught any meteors on picture. The sky was too light.

Woke up at 3:30am, saw a small one and a big one within 15 minutes and went back to sleep! ;)

No scam...just that singapore is too bright (man-made lights), last night was slightly cloudy too. wait a while and search the internet from news from other parts of the world...

Sg just isnt suitable for stargazing/astronomy as a hobby...thats why i gave up and switched to photography ;)

was at AMk,
saw some really quick meteor shower... the frequency was quite good.
but in HDB area... too bright cant see much... so end up heading back to sleep again.
if anyone has photo please post up~~~ many thanks :D

it's a scaaammmmmmmmmmm :bsmilie:, only saw 1 with a ending trail:dunno:

not truth lah :bsmilie:

I looked at sky and saw it blanketed with clouds which sums up 2 things: 1) the weather condition were reallllly poor 2) the light pollution so horrendous i could actually see the clouds! :sweat:

i sprained my neck and saw nothing :mad:

Saw one bolide and one fireball. But camera was pointing in the wrong direction :angry::angry:

Saw 6 really fast ones around the Leo constellation and Mars, at marina barrage from 4-6am.
Sadly, none were within the frame of my camera...

could see about 10-12 at bedok res though. the green one that left a trail was the most spectacular .

hahaha.. azim, u saw so many.. i only saw around 5. the green one that left a trail just lasted for less than 2 seconds, cant snap in time.

Ya, the green ball was gigantic! I timed it at 4:14am. :)

Other than that, believe I saw around 8 shooting stars. But the problem is some were so faint and fast I wonder if my tired eyes were playing tricks with me though. :)

I was at Bedok Jetty btw. It was one of those clearer nights and I managed to see all the main stars of Leo constellation.

None was captured in my noob attempt this morning. It was fun though despite of the zero-result as it has been a while since i was soak in the morning dew... :)
Guess most of us did managed to spot the most beautiful one that leaves a green trail. That spotting makes this morning trip worthwhile for me... ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.