Advice on choosing suitable adaptor to use on EOS body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

corneliuswan

Oct 25, 2006
Hi guys. Firstly I thank you for looking at my thread.

I have 2 old manual lenses, Rolleiflex Planar 50mm f1.8 and Voigtlander Colour Skoparex 35mm f2.8, intending to use on my 400D. Both are with screw-on mounts and this small "button" that the rear of the lenses that needs to be depress for change in f stops.

I took a look at the online tago tech store and has enquired. Paul was very efficient in replying, here's credit to him. :) He reccomended this rollei adaptor. http://store.tagotech.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=53 , as the AF chip will block the position on the adaptor to prevent the "button" to be depressed.
Does these two lenses belong to the M42 mount? Can i use the M42 mount for EOS with AF chip? Kind of confused by the huge array of mounts for EOS available. Plus its online store so cant use the actual mounts to test.

Wish to enquiry if any folks out there is using these lenses on EOS body, and what adaptor did u bought? Sorry for this "essay" haha. I hope my query is detailed enough. Need more info please let me know.

Cheers and happy weekend!! (Plus christmas shopping!) ;)

Seems pretty quiet here.. Haha. Hmmm seems like its a little difficult to find friends using old german lenses? Hope to hear from the seniors in this forum!! No obligations though. :)

Cheers. =) Happy Xmas shopping and squeezing in town. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.