$10 for AD Wedding Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you did not get many PMs offering $88 or $108 after you started this post.:)

My suggestion, its a lesson learnt.
Give your "friend" the CD and see what he say after that?
Maybe he will pass you another angbao? Cos' perhaps...he was just too busy on his AD day to think of anything else.

After given the CD for a week, and no 2nd angbao from him?
Pass him another CD, take a shot of a piece of paper written in bold "you just lost a $10 friend"...and dont forget to attach the same $10 under the CD.

Everytime i see this thread title my blood boil.

Brudder,

My sympathy to you man... but... sounds like.. you kena "Jia lat" .. I'm sure there are others you kena like you before.

But reading what the others have said... "in this world... make sure everything in Black and white"

Cheers

hmmm,:think: :think: ...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
$1 = 1 photo

Its already too little..

30cents for print
10cents for wear & tear on shoes to achieve the shot
10cents for wear & tear on camera
10cents for electricity to copy the pic to pc
10cents for PP
:
:

;)

Sorry but have i offend u in a way or another ??? sorry
I hope I'm not the one who makes ur blood boils

nop not u. its the $10 ang bao thingy which makes me frus!
I think give us the serial number on the note ...can try buying 4D ..$5 big $5small

nop not u. its the $10 ang bao thingy which makes me frus!
I think give us the serial number on the note ...can try buying 4D ..$5 big $5small

sorry but i spend on the cab fare for the journey returnin home cos need to work that night...night shift

nope, haven't delivered the CD to them yet.,,, may I ask why ???

When delivering CDs (no sub standard as it might bring in more jobs..),

1) thank him for the $10 ang bao. Joke about you forgetting to buy 4D of the serial number of that $10 note when you tell your friends about this Ang Bao and how they say it' for good luck and ususally not for payment for your photography service.
2) And let him know your "normal charges" for weddings that you shoot.
3) And say if got friend ask who shoot for him and how much, please quote your 'normal price' etc.

If he act blur and did not mention anything about payment, try to phase nicely like he your gf brother give discount.... and ask how much he willing to give to help cover 'cost of your service'.

To yumyum

Hmmm... :think: Learn whatever lesson you can and move on.
There are all kinds of friends (some are even spelled without the "r") :bsmilie:

In early years when I took up photography, somehow some colleagues and friends came to be aware of it. Same as you, I got requests to be the actual day photographer. No rates or terms were discussed.

By and large, I had fairly good treatment. Had reasonable "recognition" ang pows plus the usual mix of ang pows from the family elders. The following are the 2 extremes that I have encountered.

The mean cheapo one.
This colleague did it budget style - 2 drivers and 2 photographers were all his colleagues. I had a dinner invitation from him, even though I was "working" that night, I gave him an angpow. What did the 4 helpers get at the end of the day? A $20 angpow each. Felt disgusted with that guy. After the processing, I just return the prints in the usual envelopes that the lab. 8 envelopes of prints and 8 cheapo 36 shot albums. I did not even do sorting or censoring. He lost at least 1 friend, I guess.

The nice ones
The couple were my colleagues, close and good terms. Same, I had a wedding dinner invitation even though I was covering the dinner as a photographer. Same, I gave an angpow. At the end of the day, I had a $200/- angpow. Plus the usual angpows from both sets of their family elders. Later, when they realised I also sent an angpow, they insisted on buying me a nice dinner. I guess they appreciated my help.

End of the day, these is what I feel
There are good friends and lousy friends too. The good ones appreciate your help, the lousy ones take you for granted and even "ripped" you off.

You can either
  • continue to be exploited
  • or you can be blunt upfront.
  • Or reject all requests.

To": everyone out there

Should I give my friend the CD with the Post Processed Photos or just give them the original ones >>>

To": everyone out there

Should I give my friend the CD with the Post Processed Photos or just give them the original ones >>>

Give the minimum effort one - just straight out of the camera- no post processing, not even portrait rotated. If he ever ask, you can tell him you are
  • busy :bsmilie:
  • old school trained - don't believe in post processing :devil:
  • too upset to do any processing, seeing that you lost your wallet, IC and all that. :bheart:
But the possible consequnces are that he might bad mouth you even years later, as a lousy "cameraman"

Give the minimum effort one - just straight out of the camera- no post processing, not even portrait rotated. If he ever ask, you can tell him you are
  • busy :bsmilie:
  • old school trained - don't believe in post processing :devil:
  • too upset to do any processing, seeing that you lost your wallet, IC and all that. :bheart:
But the possible consequnces are that he might bad mouth you even years later, as a lousy "cameraman"

That's the 3rd possibility might happen, then ....:dunno:

Run a batch job on all pics to underexpose the original pics..pass him that CD..
if he ask u why all very dark..tell him it takes alot of effort to post process..if he want u to do post process, then start to charge him accordingly..:bsmilie:

Run a batch job on all pics to underexpose the original pics..pass him that CD..
if he ask u why all very dark..tell him it takes alot of effort to post process..if he want u to do post process, then start to charge him accordingly..:bsmilie:

Hmmm , That's a very good one :think: ...........:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

maybe I will just add some copyright like tortoises on the couples' , let him know that if he pays me, the tortoise will fade off ...

Status
Not open for further replies.