$10 for AD Wedding Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like what the others have said, do a nice job in PP and give them the thumbnail of the pictures. If they like it and want the full size image, then negotiate with them on the price.

In this way, you don't lugi and still show professionalism in your work. If you don't produce any image at all, rumours will spread that your photos are lousy, you are not professional etc etc.

By the way, is the couples one of your close friends?

Run a batch job on all pics to underexpose the original pics..pass him that CD..
if he ask u why all very dark..tell him it takes alot of effort to post process..if he want u to do post process, then start to charge him accordingly..:bsmilie:

Well... all I can say is... "Eh! I didn't read what you wrote!"

:bsmilie:

Hang on, the photos haven't been delivered yet right? There is still hope? One time, I got the usual 2 or 3 angpows on the day itself from the couple and families. Decent amount in total so didn't think more of it. After I delivered the album, I got another $500 angpow and a cheque for my expenses. :)

At a minimum, at least get agreement to have expenses covered. Anything else, effort, time, sweat, can be seen to be a "wedding gift" to your friend.

So I suggest you do this: Since it was agreed that they would "pay" you, prepare an "Expenditure List" to present to the couple when you deliver the CD. List a bunch of various items, such as AA batteries, CD-R, transport and "Ancillary expenses". Don't have to be much, just some sums that add up to a token amount. The aim is not cost-recovery, but mainly one on principle. If you want to at least get some money back, consider putting in some items like "equipment rental" (Oh, I don't have an ultra-wide lens, so needed to rent one). :devil:

Then when you deliver the CD, give them the list as well. If they give you an angpow (and if you can check that it is a reasonable amount that covers your expenses), then you have the option of saying, nevermind lah, the angpow covers it, or not. If they don't give an angpow then, well... at least you'd have covered your expenses.

A couple of things are nagging at me. 1) You had to go to work on night shift AFTER shooting the whole day?! 2) Did you give them an angpow for the dinner? :)

if they dunno how much to pay, u as the photog shld suggest right? :embrass:

so if next time, another couple comes up and engage your service and they say the same thing - "dunno how much to pay", will u suggest or just keep quiet and expect the ang bao?

well I will surely quote my charges .... :bsmilie:

Just like what the others have said, do a nice job in PP and give them the thumbnail of the pictures. If they like it and want the full size image, then negotiate with them on the price.

In this way, you don't lugi and still show professionalism in your work. If you don't produce any image at all, rumours will spread that your photos are lousy, you are not professional etc etc.

By the way, is the couples one of your close friends?

well, they were just those hi bye frens

Hang on, the photos haven't been delivered yet right? There is still hope? One time, I got the usual 2 or 3 angpows on the day itself from the couple and families. Decent amount in total so didn't think more of it. After I delivered the album, I got another $500 angpow and a cheque for my expenses. :)

At a minimum, at least get agreement to have expenses covered. Anything else, effort, time, sweat, can be seen to be a "wedding gift" to your friend.

So I suggest you do this: Since it was agreed that they would "pay" you, prepare an "Expenditure List" to present to the couple when you deliver the CD. List a bunch of various items, such as AA batteries, CD-R, transport and "Ancillary expenses". Don't have to be much, just some sums that add up to a token amount. The aim is not cost-recovery, but mainly one on principle. If you want to at least get some money back, consider putting in some items like "equipment rental" (Oh, I don't have an ultra-wide lens, so needed to rent one). :devil:

Then when you deliver the CD, give them the list as well. If they give you an angpow (and if you can check that it is a reasonable amount that covers your expenses), then you have the option of saying, nevermind lah, the angpow covers it, or not. If they don't give an angpow then, well... at least you'd have covered your expenses.

A couple of things are nagging at me. 1) You had to go to work on night shift AFTER shooting the whole day?! 2) Did you give them an angpow for the dinner? :)

1) actually i started working at 8pm, but stll damn tired after the shoot
2) Yes , i give them a ang bao, suppose to give $50, but seeing the $10 was so angry woh, so I give them $30...

well, at least he got a $10 angbao... i shoot as main... don even have an angbao. tot will be getting one at the end of the day, then when i left, the couple just thanks ask!!! and i was like, HUH! nt even a angbao... haiz... urs is gd liao man...

For me, unless I am shooting professionally, I won't mind shooting for free for friends if they're having a budget wedding.Just have my expenses covered.

If they're sincere enough and give an angpow, I'll have the photos out for them ASAP.
If no angpow...3months also can...

well , actually I rather chose option 2...cos no point being the bad guy cos wat done is done, if I would to mess up the photos I would not rather help them in the first place , come on, if the couple does not have any ethnics, that's their problem , but for me I would rather to be ' professional'...

agree with me , anyone ?? ...
anyone doesnt understand what I meant ??

well , actually I rather chose option 2...cos no point being the bad guy cos wat done is done, if I would to mess up the photos I would not rather help them in the first place , come on, if the couple does not have any ethnics, that's their problem , but for me I would rather to be ' professional'...

agree with me , anyone ?? ...
anyone doesnt understand what I meant ??

actually i do understand where you are coming from having gone through the same 'sh1t' not once but twice with colleagues who are no longer friends (like what you said, hi bye).

i think you chose option 2 wisely and i applaud your professionalism. take this as a learning experience and don't allow it to happen again with people you know. this is the 'assume' working at its very best.

though in local context, an angpow should be deemed as a 'blessing' and shouldn't be looked at as a form of payment. if your friend holds true to this belief than things will turn out well. if not, tell yourself NEVER AGAIN.

For me, unless I am shooting professionally, I won't mind shooting for free for friends if they're having a budget wedding.Just have my expenses covered.

If they're sincere enough and give an angpow, I'll have the photos out for them ASAP.
If no angpow...3months also can...

well, my friend bride ask for the photos from me, but i juz ignore her, i will joke with her, tell her that there's no payment, so no photos, see if she will get my hints

hmmz well at the end of the day i guess everything should be said up front and there should not be assumptions often there are too many assumptions and sh*t happens.

I feel sorry for ya mate. All these being said well if you are not hard-up for the money just give them low res unprocessed pictures and forget about this "friends". This will give them a clear msg i think :p

I would like to finalise everything, I wanna give a 10 to 20 PP Photos, in CD form only..
and forget about the whole incident

I would like to finalise everything, I wanna give a 10 to 20 PP Photos, in CD form only..
and forget about the whole incident

My view is this. Since you have agreed to be their main photographer, you should give them the photos. No need to edit, just cut to a CD and pass to them. (You will spend less time then to select 20 photo and make into a powerppoint.) Well, yes, they did not pay you.....but you did not ask for any payment either right ?

Maybe, just maybe, they will give you a more respectable amount when they receive the CD ?

Let us know the outcome....I'm curious man;)

My view is this. Since you have agreed to be their main photographer, you should give them the photos. No need to edit, just cut to a CD and pass to them. (You will spend less time then to select 20 photo and make into a powerppoint.) Well, yes, they did not pay you.....but you did not ask for any payment either right ?

Maybe, just maybe, they will give you a more respectable amount when they receive the CD ?

Let us know the outcome....I'm curious man;)

hmm come to think, u r right, I should give them the whole series , but should i chose the PP ones or the unedited ones for them ??
well , i guess i won't be paid even till the end , same for my the other PG .

I would suggest you just give the CD of captured images, just download, burn into CD, minimum effort, let them sort out themself.
don't waste time on this anymore, just move on.

well, at least he got a $10 angbao... i shoot as main... don even have an angbao. tot will be getting one at the end of the day, then when i left, the couple just thanks ask!!! and i was like, HUH! nt even a angbao... haiz... urs is gd liao man...

I tot you already started charging for your services. :think:

I would suggest you just give the CD of captured images, just download, burn into CD, minimum effort, let them sort out themself.
don't waste time on this anymore, just move on.

second that.

or cut the number of images to the barest minimum with the essentials in place, eg. group photos, tea ceremony (one per round), one for march in, one for cake cutting, one for champagne pouring and toasting......you get the picture by now.

forget the journalistic shots, the detail shots....you get the drift.

no need to post-process and remember this lesson well.

Just give them the photos and get on with life. Doing a good deed is better than anything else. Rewards will come in a different way..

For me, paid = better shots and proper post processing. No payment = normal shot (depend on his luck) and just shoot in Jpeg.

Actually Ang Pow is not all about the amount of money involved, the red symbolise good luck to both the giver and recepient. During my wedding, my friend lent me his Brand new car, in return, i gave him a angpow but he returned the money, just took the red packet. 2 week later he strike 1st prize on his car number. free car to him and its a BMW.

kaoz.. $10.. thats really too low. I would be ashamed of myself to give $10 even.. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.