XF14mm F2.8

End of d day. It's IQ tat matters ya? Zeiss build shouldn't b too bad as seen wif E mount 24/1.8 lens.

The Zeiss 24mm E-mount is good..
But over priced.. X-mount 35mm IQ is much better IMO..

Never appreciated the IQ from the Zeiss 24mm..

The Zeiss 24mm E-mount is good..
But over priced.. X-mount 35mm IQ is much better IMO..

Never appreciated the IQ from the Zeiss 24mm..

I do agree CZ 24/1.8 is not up to the mark... but somehow feel that 12mm Zeiss X Mount will be better than XF14mm... We shall see... Cheers.

Thanks, @Chrissp. Can't wait ... pictures are not really representative, but I blame that on the one behind the camera :). Anyway, love the potential of the lens as shown especially in his last 2 landscape pics ...

im waiting for the 14mm for so long....come on fuji...bring out the 14mm to the stores now....

Thanks, @Chrissp. Can't wait ... pictures are not really representative, but I blame that on the one behind the camera :). Anyway, love the potential of the lens as shown especially in his last 2 landscape pics ...

No problem. The first thing I noticed with his photos was the minimal distortion, though I don't know if the photos had been corrected in post or straight out of camera.

No problem. The first thing I noticed with his photos was the minimal distortion, though I don't know if the photos had been corrected in post or straight out of camera.

I take it back, the picture quality is good, they just have to be viewed in ful size, not the compressed little images.

clickcameras said:
Just arrived!! Limited units as usual :)

Lynn

Hi Lynn. Pls pm me d price. Tks. M in BKK now so response will b slow.

clickcameras said:
Our batch of shipment was delayed... Will update when it arrives again :) Richard just called to inform me, sorry for the late notice

Lynn

Was thinking of getting this 14mm or not. Then again, I'm moving to d new M this year. So now here in bkk, I just managed to hunt down d voigtlander super wide heliar M mount 15mm f/4.5 asph 2 lens. Quite a good price brand new for ard 700 sgd.

Collected my 14mm this evening. The lens will not manual focus with existing body firmware 1.01. Its packaged with a chip which contains 1.03. You'll need to upgrade the camera's firmware to enable manual focussing.

Initial thoughts are that the lens is light, much lighter than my 18-55. Focus ring is smooth. Aperture ring feels soft compared to the 18-55 which has a firmer click. Focussing speed is almost identical to the 18-55 but I have limited experience with it yet. Curvilinear distortions seemed decently controlled. Again, I will probably need to find that out in greater details. Uses the same lens hood as the 18-55.

Everything looks good for now.

Kit said:
Collected my 14mm this evening. The lens will not manual focus with existing body firmware 1.01. Its packaged with a chip which contains 1.03. You'll need to upgrade the camera's firmware to enable manual focussing.

Initial thoughts are that the lens is light, much lighter than my 18-55. Focus ring is smooth. Aperture ring feels soft compared to the 18-55 which has a firmer click. Focussing speed is almost identical to the 18-55 but I have limited experience with it yet. Curvilinear distortions seemed decently controlled. Again, I will probably need to find that out in greater details. Uses the same lens hood as the 18-55.

Everything looks good for now.

Great.

Edit : My fault. Upon reading the manual need to slide the focus ring for auto focus. Autofocus now working.

Just collected the Fuji 14mm. Won't Auto focus with Xpro 1 even after updating the accompanied Firmware 2.02 for Xpro 1. Fuji should make sure the firmware are updated before releasing the len for sales. I guess need to wait for firmware 2.03 update for Auto focus...

Last edited: