XF14mm F2.8

Not the best weather for photos with XF14mm, quick test shot after collecting it on Sat

8398475072_d53cc6ac73_b.jpg

my sample from XF14mm (f13, iso200, 30sec)
DSCF0372_zpsd5f19dcc.jpg

Some samples while doing a quick walk ... from RAW files

f/3.2 ... I was supposed to use f/2.8, but darn aperture ring so easy to move, didn't notice
snake-stamp-S0211950.jpg

as close as possible without disturbing him ...
stamp-artist-S0191947.jpg

Now a comparison of RAW and Jpeg, ISO 2000, to show if lens correction is done on both. Apparently, if it is done to jpeg, it is also done to RAW it seems, as both are similar in the corners

Jpeg, out of camera with some slight sharpening
green-fruits-jpeg-S0311996.jpg

RAW
green-fruits-raw-S0311996.jpg

Last edited:
Now a comparison of RAW and Jpeg, ISO 2000, to show if lens correction is done on both. Apparently, if it is done to jpeg, it is also done to RAW it seems, as both are similar in the corners

Jpeg, out of camera with some slight sharpening
green-fruits-jpeg-S0311996.jpg

RAW
green-fruits-raw-S0311996.jpg

Lens corrections get applied to RAW files too meh? I read somewhere that the lack of visible distortion in both the RAW and JPG files is due to the lens being very well corrected optically, rather than by software. This is supported by the lack of distortion in corners observed by this particular photographer when framing shots in the EVF. as well.

Lens corrections get applied to RAW files too meh? I read somewhere that the lack of visible distortion in both the RAW and JPG files is due to the lens being very well corrected optically, rather than by software. This is supported by the lack of distortion in corners observed by this particular photographer when framing shots in the EVF. as well.

Ok, thanks for the info. Either way, it means both Raw and jpeg will be the same regarding distortion correction, good for those who shoot Raw, one less thing to worry about.

Ok, thanks for the info. Either way, it means both Raw and jpeg will be the same regarding distortion correction, good for those who shoot Raw, one less thing to worry about.

True. Unless you're an Aperture user (like me) - no RAW support still! Luckily the Fuji JPGs are superb, and I don't shoot landscapes much nowadays.

Hi Lynn, please PM me the price for the 14mm.

Our batch of shipment was delayed... Will update when it arrives again :) Richard just called to inform me, sorry for the late notice

Lynn

SVG84R said:
same...going to bring out later to try...

At MS color now. Selling 1,199 SGD. Wow.

genstars said:
Huh you buying ?

Nopez. I already got 15mm. Just see see look look nia

Hmm... I was quoted $1188 cash price from MS Color.

Compared to my ex-CV12 the XF14 has much better corners. Will post some comparisons between the XF14 and XF18 when I am free.

yrh0413 said:
Hmm... I was quoted $1188 cash price from MS Color.

Compared to my ex-CV12 the XF14 has much better corners. Will post some comparisons between the XF14 and XF18 when I am free.

Ok. D CV 15mm f/4.5 asph 2 corners r quite sharp too at wide open. No complaints. It's much more compact than d XF14

also got my xf14mm and only just got the time to properly set up my x-pro1 to use with it.

now i can use OVF full time since parrallex error not so much of issue now and even switch off the corrected frame setting. very good to go for street shooting now. I just simply Love the xf14mm now.

Seems like quite a lot of forumers bought the XF14. My XF18 is the most used lens (my walkaround lens) due to its compact design and wide FoV. I only use the XF35 for close-up and portraiture.

Now I have to decide if I should still keep the XF18. In terms of FoV the XF14 isn't drastically wider than the XF18 and based on my brief usage it seems like the XF14 has much better IQ than my XF18. Need to spend more time with both lens to see if XF14 is too wide to serve as my walkaround lens.

For those looking for a decent wide angle lens for your x-system do give the XF14 a serious consideration.