XF14mm F2.8

Hi XXX,
XF14mm could be available around Dec'12
We do not have the exact date as yet, will keep you updated.

Thank you for your interest in Fujifilm products.

Hi XXX,
XF14mm could be available around Dec'12
We do not have the exact date as yet, will keep you updated.

Thank you for your interest in Fujifilm products.

LOL! U emailed them? From your signature, it says that you have a Canon 5Dmk2 as well. Keep your Xpro1 for time being, time to show your love for the 5Dmk2 and give her a kiss. It's still a long waiting time for the 14mm. :-D

Anyone knows when the XF14mm lens will be available?

sf_kang said:
Anyone knows when the XF14mm lens will be available?

Jan 2013. Told by ms color. Price unknown yet.

disappointing... buy the 1855 zoom lens first! :)

disappointing... buy the 1855 zoom lens first! :)

Aiya... at least d 14mm comes in Jan 2013. I have to wait till April or May 2013 for the Zeiss 12mm X Mount... :(

The only lens I am waiting is the 23mm f1.4. When is it coming?

Aiya... at least d 14mm comes in Jan 2013. I have to wait till April or May 2013 for the Zeiss 12mm X Mount... :(

The only lens I am waiting is the 23mm f1.4. When is it coming?

23mm f1.4??? u prefer the effective 35mm focal length ya?? ;p

Because it is F1.4. Hope it is as good as 35lux, just like the 35mm F1.4 which is as good as the 50lux.

Anyway, the zoom lens should keep me busy before the 23mm is out. I seldom take very wide landscape, and the zoom lens is wide enough for me. Any wider than 18mm (which is 27mm under 35mm format), I can use my LX7 for wide shots.

23mm f1.4??? u prefer the effective 35mm focal length ya?? ;p

Last edited:
Because it is F1.4. Hope it is as good as 35lux, just like the 35mm F1.4 which is as good as the 50lux.

Anyway, the zoom lens should keep me busy before the 23mm is out.

Haha... Good things must wait... Hope 23mm f/1.4 is at least equal to Lux 35 ASPH, then really worth buying... Gd nitez bro... Cheers.

yrh0413 said:
Sad, release date pushed to 19 Jan... :dunno:

Yeah. Sad but true.

Yeah. Sad but true.

Seen the latest Youtube video from Fujiguys... he doesn't seems to be very impressed with the XF14. Keep mentioning... pretty sharp... pretty good... very different from the last time when he reviewed the XF35 :dunno:

Seen the latest Youtube video from Fujiguys... he doesn't seems to be very impressed with the XF14. Keep mentioning... pretty sharp... pretty good... very different from the last time when he reviewed the XF35 :dunno:

Oopz... pretty sharp like XF18mm kinda pretty sharp??

Oopz... pretty sharp like XF18mm kinda pretty sharp??

exactly! He seems to me like "hinting" us that don't expect too much from this prime :bsmilie:

anyway we all know it is not easy to develop a decent UWA. Perhaps the next UWA prime will have bulbous front element like the Nikon 14-24 and Canon 14L?

yrh0413 said:

Everyone's hyped up about the XF14mm already. But so far Fuji hasn't really missed the mark for optics- AF is another story. So I am still quite hopeful.

Worse case scenario- the 14mm performs exactly like the 18mm optically.

Everyone's hyped up about the XF14mm already. But so far Fuji hasn't really missed the mark for optics- AF is another story. So I am still quite hopeful.

well the hype is there because the XF18 has the worst IQ among all 3 XF primes... that kindda raised our expectations to a new level.

Personally I find the XF18 delivers IQ very similar to the EF 16-35L II I used to own during my Canon days... not too bad but it has been shadowed by XF35 and XF60 that delivers better IQ than the XF18.

yrh0413 said:
well the hype is there because the XF18 has the worst IQ among all 3 XF primes... that kindda raised our expectations to a new level.

Personally I find the XF18 delivers IQ very similar to the EF 16-35L II I used to own during my Canon days... not too bad but it has been shadowed by XF35 and XF60 that delivers better IQ than the XF18.

I agree that the XF18's IQ is really quite impressive- plus fast AF and small size. I was shooting Canon with 16-35L II and the Zeiss ZF 28 f2 and I think the XF18 "can fight". Too bad it's been eclipsed by the XF35 and 60.

Still got hope for the 14mm. If not, there is still the Zeiss 12mm (although should be more expensive).

Tatz my reservation on Fuji's UWA lenses... Seriously waiting out for the Zeiss 12mm X Mount... Hopefully Zeiss maintains its reputation of making tack sharp lenses even @ UWA range...

I actually like XF14 design much more than the Zeiss12... the Zeiss seems to have a lot of rubber on it ;p

P9190256.JPG

source: Photokina 2012: Carl Zeiss Stand Report: Digital Photography Review