[wiz23] - A Photo A Day 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
wiz23 said:

Nothing much today ... Just a test shot using a B+W 092 filter with my Ricoh GRD. Overcast day, not ideal for IR shots :(

CBD in IR
original.jpg

Deliberate vignetting? :thumbsup:

:)

Qazwer said:
Deliberate vignetting? :thumbsup:
Thanks, Qazwer! :) U are right, I added the "vignetting" ... May have overdone it though :embrass:

I know the half-moon is tiny & pathetic ... But this pic reminds me of ...

Sailor Moon :bsmilie:
original.jpg

wiz23 said:
Thanks, Qazwer! :) U are right, I added the "vignetting" ... May have overdone it though :embrass:

I know the half-moon is tiny & pathetic ... But this pic reminds me of ...

Sailor Moon :bsmilie:
original.jpg

very nice..
is that noise?
what camera you use?
is the noise deliberate?

wiz23 said:
Thanks, bleam! :)

Another view from my hotel room in The Gurney, Penang ...

海闊天空
original.jpg
I like the freedom provided by the vast sea... Lovely!!! :D

wiz23 said:
Thanks, Qazwer, Alvin, bleam & Alleyboy! :)

A distant view of Penang Bridge, from the top of Penang Hill ...

"The Penang Bridge (Jambatan Pulau Pinang in Malay) is a dual-carriageway toll bridge that connects Gelugor on the island of Penang and Seberang Prai on the mainland of Malaysia on the Malay Peninsula. The bridge is also linked to the North-South Expressway in Prai and Jelutong Expressway in Penang. It was officially opened to traffic on September 14, 1985. The total length of the bridge is 13.5 km, making it among the longest bridges in the world as well as a national landmark. Plus Expressway Berhad is the concession holder who manages it. Before 1985, transportation between the island and the mainland was solely dependent on the state-owned ferry services that runs between Butterworth and George Town.
Similar to the ferry services in Penang, motorists only need to pay the toll fare while heading to the island. There is no charge for leaving the island.
Currently, the Penang Bridge is being expanded from 4 lanes to 6 lanes to accommodate the increasing traffic on the bridge. A proposal for a second bridge, the Penang Second Bridge, has been approved by the government and included as one of the Ninth Malaysian Plan national projects." - from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Penang Bridge
original.jpg

You remind me of my hometown! You made Penang looked so...heavenly.. hehe... :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

Thanks, Alleyboy, Weigang & yZong! :) Alleyboy, u are right, that is noise in my pic. My shot was underexposed ... Noise became more apparent as I pushed up the exposure :embrass:

This is another shot taken at Sebana Cove a couple of weeks ago ...

Sailing Away
original.jpg

wiz23 said:

This is another shot taken at Sebana Cove a couple of weeks ago ...

Sailing Away
original.jpg

Nice nice! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I love the feel in "Sailing Away" and the colours in "Sailor Moon".

:)

Thanks, Leslie, KK, Nazri & drumma! :)

A simple portrait ... taken during kopi ;p

Portrait of a Friend
67469126.mZUuvo49.092106.jpg

Thanks, bleam! :)

Another view from my hotel room in The Gurney, Penang ...

海闊天空
original.jpg

nice saturated blue. i occasionally stay over that area but seldom had the chance to witness how beautiful the day view can be. that's becoz i went back to the hotel in the evening mostly. had to work during the day.

how did you make it so saturated?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Wiz,
very nice shots of Sebana Cove and Penang. Did you used the polariser filter on some of them? =)
BTW thinking of trying out IR - is the Cokin IR filter effective enough ?

Regards, Harry

Thanks, match80, hotmilo & harry! :)

hotmilo: The sky was really very blue that day. All I needed to do for this pic was to play with the curves a bit, to increase the contrast, then the blue became even bluer ;p

harry: For shots at Sebana Cove, I didn't use a CPL. For the Penang shots, only the 2 shots taken at Kek Lok Si were done using a CPL. The blue sky photo was shot with my lens pressed against the hotel window, no CPL, the sky was already very blue that day ;)

This is a shot of the dessert served during my mum's birthday dinner ...

Dessert
original.jpg

Thanks, match80, hotmilo & harry! :)

hotmilo: The sky was really very blue that day. All I needed to do for this pic was to play with the curves a bit, to increase the contrast, then the blue became even bluer ;p

harry: For shots at Sebana Cove, I didn't use a CPL. For the Penang shots, only the 2 shots taken at Kek Lok Si were done using a CPL. The blue sky photo was shot with my lens pressed against the hotel window, no CPL, the sky was already very blue that day ;)

This is a shot of the dessert served during my mum's birthday dinner ...

Dessert
original.jpg

excellent! nice lighting! i'll give up my mudpies for this! hehe..

Status
Not open for further replies.