Not open for further replies.
#56 Tiny Carousel
543925344_0c5f214f83.jpg

#57 Federation Square @ Night
543924626_a5289dacf5.jpg

#58 Federation Square @ Night
543924432_bd7e701693.jpg

yo jiven did you get my email?

I'm amazed and in admiration of your efforts to carry a tripod around in the night to shoot images. Melbourne isn't exactly that safe as compared to Singapore. Recently, there are more and more concerns about the city crumbling to alcohol-related violence and crime.

It is unfortunate that you won't be meeting ClubSnap members in Melbourne. I'm organising a social meet-up to happen on Sunday 17th (the day you leave).

Have a safe flight back.

insanely beautiful. wonderful effort! :)

I can't see anything.
the pices is outdate?

I would give a :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for your pics. I rarely get to see such clean exposures. I have to admit, I can't produce such photos :)

Great pics and admire your patience and effort to get the right shots. I believe you've also post processed your photos a bit. Wonderful job.

blaaaardy h e l l !...make me miss Melbourne Soooooooo much!!!!!!!!

:bsmilie:

Great pics!

brings back lotsa lotsa lotsa lotsa memories!

argh!

insanely beautiful. wonderful effort! :)

I would give a :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for your pics. I rarely get to see such clean exposures. I have to admit, I can't produce such photos :)

Great pics and admire your patience and effort to get the right shots. I believe you've also post processed your photos a bit. Wonderful job.

thanks de5struction and asterixsg for ur comments.. post processing usually consists of increasing the saturation and playing ard w the levels.. nothing much actually..

blaaaardy h e l l !...make me miss Melbourne Soooooooo much!!!!!!!!

Great pics!

brings back lotsa lotsa lotsa lotsa memories!

argh!

wah.. so fierce.. eh.. dun mind me posting more Melbourne pics k? ;)

#59 Just leaves.. simple but i like it.. perhaps I dun see such nice fallen leaves in S'pore..
539047731_9bef1d4674.jpg

#60 Walk down Southbank
539046543_d467bbf38b.jpg

#61 Bumps.. over Yarra River
533445129_7ed6c732da.jpg

#62 What's Melbourne without Flinders Street Station
539053835_4ae856024a.jpg

#63 Flinders Street Station
539052037_db034f6aed.jpg

man the colors are so rich, nice pics i like no. #60. will be going to melbourne soon for studies your pics make me excited.

#64 One of my few photos of people... I really dun understand how people can take street photography pics of people esp when they are in another country... I dun dare.. I took this fr a distance..

539049773_5a99fdaed0.jpg

Would appreciate comments on this pic and advice on how to take pics of strangers.. without having to buy those expensive long lens.. ;p

#64 One of my few photos of people... I really dun understand how people can take street photography pics of people esp when they are in another country... I dun dare.. I took this fr a distance..

539049773_5a99fdaed0.jpg

Would appreciate comments on this pic and advice on how to take pics of strangers.. without having to buy those expensive long lens.. ;p

you've been pmed!

man the colors are so rich, nice pics i like no. #60. will be going to melbourne soon for studies your pics make me excited.

Gg melbourne for studies... haha.. let me acquaint you with a place you'll visit often some time to come...

#65 State Library of Victoria..
556822480_9d784e572c.jpg

#66 Reading rm..
556830230_d979c85a3a.jpg

#67 Accidental shot.. didn't set the camera properly.. pic turned out to be underexposed.. but somehow.. i liked the feel it created.. hence I let it be..
557031773_f3f0eeacd2.jpg

woah that library looks so much better than SGs, i can see long hours there already.

wow.

love the ferris wheel shots

and the blue sky..simply great

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

539049773_5a99fdaed0.jpg

It's simple... ask. I did. When I first arrived Melbourne, I looked and dressed like a typical Asian tourist. (You know how typical Asian tourists look like yeah? I don't need to describe in detail.) Armed with a simple or entry-level camera (mine was a Yashica FX-3 Super 2000), I went around asking people for photos. I approached blue-eye blonde babes, leather-clad teenage punk wannabes, cops at public events, etc.

As for buskers or street performers, drop a gold coin before/after you take their photo. It's only polite that you give them something for your amusement, and lets face it, some of them are good. Unfortunately, many Asians either don't realise why these people are performing on the street, or are just plain stingy with spare change. I'm sure you have seen tourists shooting buskers and street performers. Nothing scary is it?

I'm sure you would have noticed that members of the public in Melbourne are less likely to dodge a camera than in Singapore. In the first 2 years that I was in Melbourne, my success rate at approaching Caucasians on the street for photos is over 90%. At some huge public events, they even ask you to take their photos even though they aren't gonna get the photos from you. Now, the novelty of picking targets off the street has subsided, and I don't dress like a tourist anymore.

i loving it ... i kinda miss australia .. ! i went there for one weeks .. i already dont feel like coming back to singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.