~ Winter in Melbourne ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice series,
personally like #3 for the mood ... :)

#22 Twin Towers? It's actually part of an expressway.
535722290_c53395132a.jpg

lovely.

#23 Cirque du Soleil? - The sun is directly behind one of the balls...
535838027_16391e567a.jpg

#24 Boatman's Landing..
535839723_f84e42a517.jpg

#25 Who's she?
535723744_6ecc89f71b.jpg

#26 Cow up in the tree
535726816_b737163695.jpg

#27 Street art
535725508_eae36b60ac.jpg

And please.. stop being humble.. ;)

i'm a little apprehensive on commenting on things i have not shot or not able to shoot.

saw your flickr, like Dead cow on tree and Oldest Yacht in Australia. and noted why you improve like shinkasen. wah, your school is the largest reservoir of portraits and events.

just a suggestion. try a long shutter speed for light trail. and just be careful if you are alone and out on the streets.

30Secs.. that's the longest aredi.. isn't it? No worries.. it's taken indoors.. too cold to shoot at night..

you can use bulb mode with a remote/cable release, but i think you may not have one though.

do you have a large aperture prime f/2.8 and below? i think mel would be good for food takes. i see your pics are very good so far but none of a good bokeh so far.

by the way, my sister just returned from perth. she recommended that you can consider going up the blue mountains (em, not sure if she is right, isn't it too cold, is it far, etc) and going to chapel street for shopping (well, you can trust that, she is not a photographer, she is not a photoshopper, but she sure is a shopper) - and i guess you may find cute little things to shoot in those little shops. girls are good with that, not usually the same for guys.

Nice series.

You have faithfully turn your impression of what you see into pictures with a strong focus point.

:)

Alright now Jiven, you are agitating me!

There must be something very wrong with the beers I drink here, and very right about the beers you drink in Singapore. Don't tell me Tiger beer.

If you're really on a holiday in Melbourne now, you do your digital image processing in the hotel with Photoshop or upload them as-is?

Anyone in Melbourne, please add your username at:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=286452

If we have warm response, we could meet on Monday 11th (Queen's Birthday public holiday).

Wow...you have really nice shots from your travel! I like them. Clean, creative and nicely post-processed. The first few and latest few are the best of the lot. Great work and happy hibernating!

I miss Melbourne too.

Very nice!

I think you are those one of few that knows how to capture light! I love your pictures! :D

hey jiven well done on your pics.. like the rest i love the first and last few pics of your series so far.... hope to learn from you when i go for overseas shoot :)

There must be something very wrong with the beers I drink here, and very right about the beers you drink in Singapore. Don't tell me Tiger beer.

If you're really on a holiday in Melbourne now, you do your digital image processing in the hotel with Photoshop or upload them as-is?

Anyone in Melbourne, please add your username at:

If we have warm response, we could meet on Monday 11th (Queen's Birthday public holiday).

if i'm not wrong aussie lager is weaker than normal lager.
and also, Tiger Beer is very popular in places like the UK. ice cold tiger.. whooaaa shiock

Nice lot of photos:)
Glad u r enjoying the Melbourne trip. The winter isn't too insufferable for u yah?
haha...I enjoy the misty sunrise but hate getting to Uni early in the cold:(

Glad u r enjoying the Melbourne trip. The winter isn't too insufferable for u yah?

Ahh... another ClubSnapper in Melbourne.

Add your name to the list in the thread:

#2, 7, 15 are my favs out of your series.

I love #2 especially. :thumbsup:

Wow...you have really nice shots from your travel! I like them. Clean, creative and nicely post-processed. The first few and latest few are the best of the lot. Great work and happy hibernating!

I miss Melbourne too.

Thanks...but nowhere as nice as urs.. esp where people shots are concerned...
Miss melbourne?? u can always jio ur next couple to take their wedding photos in Melbourne..

Very nice!

I think you are those one of few that knows how to capture light! I love your pictures! :D

hey jiven well done on your pics.. like the rest i love the first and last few pics of your series so far.... hope to learn from you when i go for overseas shoot :)

#2, 7, 15 are my favs out of your series.

I love #2 especially. :thumbsup:

Thanks y'all.. I'm really new at this too.. got my 400D last Sept.. I have a lot more to learn too!!!

nah.. The cold is a refreshing change fr the climate in S'pore.. I think I may not adjust to the humidity when I go back.

Hey.. chill.. I AM really on a holiday.. just that the night hours are long and the TV prog ain't great.. So jus post the pics whenever I can, cos I'm sure I will not hv the time to upload once I start work. Besides, I dun process much nor use photoshop.. too time consuming.
Use iPhoto much easier.;p

Alrighty... here's more after mass @ St. Patrick's Church.. The biggest church I've attended so far... I'm in awe..

#32 Mini-me & Big Church
538985142_2c3c1332d7.jpg

#33 The Facade.. (check out the two wedding cars.. red cadillacs)
538976160_b1cd378965.jpg

#34 Cadillac
539094525_e569ad8deb.jpg

#35 The side
539099193_8973bd191d.jpg

#36 The old vs the new
539100931_c2f9ea0be2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.