~ Winter in Melbourne ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure looks like you are out and around!

St. Patrick's church is Melbourne's largest gothic church. A previous Pope also conferred it the status of a basilica. I know winter weather is gloomy and lacking in sunshine but if you can, return to it when it's sunny and shoot the interior with sun coming in through the painted windows. It's bloody (pardon me) breath-taking.

I have done some interior and portrait shots there, and it's beautiful beyond words.

#37 V
539096549_c3a33e2994.jpg

[/IMG]

this is nice. can consider cloning off the top left corner but optional up to you. there's some highlight blown and dark shadow, i'm not sure how much can be retained thru pp, but looks fairly acceptable here.

looks like you are improving very fast. the church indoor shoot this time round is much cleaner, just within days, adjustment made beautifully. you might consider moving on to shoot IR. i think you will love it becos you have the eyes for details and forms and it is shown through some of the pieces.

Some really lovely captures from my hometown. Winter in Melbourne, you can get some really beautiful light and you've captured it well, thanks for sharing your images. The weather has been really good the past week, very cold, but beautiful blue skies - make the best use of it while you can.

miss melbourne.......haiz.....thks for sharing!!! ;)
the shot on men's gallery brings back some memories

I beg for Chapel Street to be next!

Thanks for sharing.
Like most have commented, sure does bring back many fond memories.
;)

Looks like St Kilda will be next.:sweat:

Yeah.. u were right, St. Kilda was next but it was raining so not much stuff to shoot.. Tried walking to Chapel Street fr St. Kilda's but realise there was nothing there. Perhaps, I was at the wrong area.. can someone pls tell me where is the 'happening' Chapel Street. Where is it near??

Anyway, here's some St. Kilda's shots

#41 Storm Clouds approaching
543874378_606bd8b73d.jpg

#42 Typical shot of the Luna Park
543875976_b2d26eddba.jpg

#43 Rides in the dark..
543973759_2b2fe1ea15.jpg

#44 Holy Sheet... nothing holy.. jus bedsheets, curtains and stuff..
543872746_1af5868a41.jpg

#45 Llama on display.. (thought it was a huge poodle at first.. but turns out it's a Llama with a donation bag around its neck.. wonder if it's a permanent feature at St Kilda's..)
543970679_fa0265b3bd.jpg

#46 Darth Potatoer & Storm Potatoers (so close to buying them.. keke.. )
543970425_9fbcbb77b2.jpg

Cirque du Soleil was in town.. had to catch it..

Splendid night.. wasted.. couldn't shoot in the Big top.. only at the costume display area..

#47 Varekai Big Top
543981911_457fcd0ec6.jpg

#48 Green costume
543983915_28810243e4.jpg

#49 Blue costume
543884142_f909533c92.jpg

#50 Come hither..
543883996_b2d0c33615.jpg

#43 Rides in the dark..
543973759_2b2fe1ea15.jpg

what's at the bottom? why is there dark areas below? i mean, the edge is smoky and looks post processed.

i like this picture, but is curious about the bottom. i would consider cropping the right very slightly, becos this kind of pic works great in complete symmetry.

#50 Come hither..
543883996_b2d0c33615.jpg

looks very eery........... but effective. spot-on on angle. but i thought on retrospect that the frame can shift slightly to the left, so as to avoid the distracting yellowgreen object behind on the right and also to decentralised the subject

what's at the bottom? why is there dark areas below? i mean, the edge is smoky and looks post processed.

i like this picture, but is curious about the bottom. i would consider cropping the right very slightly, becos this kind of pic works great in complete symmetry.

I guess it's easier to jus show u the actual pic.. yah. wasn't sure what I was doing for the post processing.. :embrass:

543875350_9b8c11176c.jpg

I guess it's easier to jus show u the actual pic.. yah. wasn't sure what I was doing for the post processing.. :embrass:

543875350_9b8c11176c.jpg

actually you did well for the post processing. maybe i just prefer not to have total silouette but to retain some outlines within the silhouette, for example, the lines on the train and less importantly the knobs on the metallic bars. as for the bottom, i think i understand why you darkened it and think that is the right move, although understandably it doesn't look too natural.

Jiven,

Enjoy you holiday and I do hope that you'll be out and about of Melbourne City.

Don't worry about the PP as it has been great.

Do try and enjoy the kebab and baklava at Efes Kebab, Smith street, before heading back to Singapore.:thumbsup:

Good day from Singapore.

Carpe Diem.

wah nice pics. You spend your whole hols in Melbourne only? Never venture further out? I am probably making a trip in August :) your pics just make me look forward to my kai kai trip.

I really liked 1,2 and 3 esp 1. Great light and sky.

Kind of curious about #23. Do you think it is damaging to our eyes to frame such pictures? I tried once or twice, the sun is not so blinding through the viewfinder but I can't help to wonder if it will damage my retina...

Wah... I just wanted to say your pictures look great. I always wanted to pick up photography. I think your pictures inspired me to try again. Thanks. :confused:

Jiven,

Have a safe trip back to Singapore.

Looking forward to the last installment of your Melbourne series.

Jiven,

Have a safe trip back to Singapore.

Looking forward to the last installment of your Melbourne series.

Thanks... will dread the weather in S'pore after being used to the cold here.

Many nice pictures of the wonderful city :thumbsup:
thanks.. The wonderful city and colours lend itself to great pictures..

Wah... I just wanted to say your pictures look great. I always wanted to pick up photography. I think your pictures inspired me to try again. Thanks. :confused:

wow.. 'inspire'?? :sweat: I think there are many more inspiring photos out there.. Do pick it up again. I'm sure you'll inspire others too.

wah nice pics. You spend your whole hols in Melbourne only? Never venture further out? I am probably making a trip in August :) your pics just make me look forward to my kai kai trip.

I really liked 1,2 and 3 esp 1. Great light and sky.

Kind of curious about #23. Do you think it is damaging to our eyes to frame such pictures? I tried once or twice, the sun is not so blinding through the viewfinder but I can't help to wonder if it will damage my retina...

Wat's kai kai trip?? I guess it's damaging esp in Australia where the sun is really strong.. but I was wearing my oakleys while taking the pics.. keke..:cool: so no worries.. Plus.. I quickly position the sun behind the ball so I need not stare at the sun..

Another night out... Getting real cold... here are some long exposure shots...

#51 Ferris Wheel in the City
543922324_634fec2ee5.jpg

#52 Close up
543922542_bbea538c35.jpg

#53 Wide Angle
544021783_1d9eef08fb.jpg

#54 Side view
543924070_f09e5e32fe.jpg

#55 Full view
544022563_9011bd85c2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.