Wide Angles

Status
Not open for further replies.
n0d3 said:
Enable CFn 5 for MLU. Switch to the timer mode and fire. The mirror will lockup and the frame will be exposed 10 seconds later. It'll be easier with a remote as the delay is only 2s.

So it's mirror lockup, curtain open, curtain close then mirror down.

But in normal one-shot mode can still use MLU rite?

lsisaxon said:
If you're using tripod, after you have focused and composed and ready to release the shutter, lock the mirror first and wait for the camera to stop vibrating before releasing the shutter. If you don't see vibration, you probably don't need mirror lockup.

I only experience mirror vibration in 2 instances,
1) Astrophotography.
2) For handheld shots with VR lens at shutter speed around 1/4s to 2s. The hand will try to counter the mirror slap and correct, at the same time, the VR will try to counter the that movement also and blurs the image instead. I think it might be due to the way I shoot, so sometimes, I get a better picture with the VR off at that kind of shutter speed.

Otherwise, mirror vibrations doesn't bother me at all.

The EOS 30 manual got explain about the mirror lockup thingy but don't really understand. So if i'm using cable release i press the button and the mirror lockup and then press again to open the shutter curtains? If in this case then is it the reverse to close?

Snoweagle said:
The EOS 30 manual got explain about the mirror lockup thingy but don't really understand. So if i'm using cable release i press the button and the mirror lockup and then press again to open the shutter curtains? If in this case then is it the reverse to close?
After the exposure, the mirror returns.

Snoweagle said:
Ohhh...so it's automatic.
Yeah.. it makes sense that way. The purpose of bringing the mirror up first is to prevent vibration during the exposure. After the exposure, the mirror can return without interfering with anything even if it vibrates.

lsisaxon said:
Yeah.. it makes sense that way. The purpose of bringing the mirror up first is to prevent vibration during the exposure. After the exposure, the mirror can return without interfering with anything even if it vibrates.

Ah...now i know le :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.