wich tripod gd 4 takin landscapes like helix

In S'pore, any tripod will do. The winds are seldom very strong. I've used a ~1kg Slik Sprint
Pro without any issues. Overseas, facing 60-80kph winds, you'd probably need a heavier tripod and/or hook on a bit of weight below.

If your gear is heavy, again, you'd need a sturdy/heavy tripod and good ball/pan head.

if u staying in the east and lazy to go to funan.. there is this shop selling sirui tripods..but price wise , tk foto is slightly cheaper

In S'pore, any tripod will do. The winds are seldom very strong. I've used a ~1kg Slik Sprint
Pro without any issues. Overseas, facing 60-80kph winds, you'd probably need a heavier tripod and/or hook on a bit of weight below.

If your gear is heavy, again, you'd need a sturdy/heavy tripod and good ball/pan head.
thanks again for your recommendations pinholecam..
i got the new 1 with rubber grip and ballhead w/ quick release.
strapped it to my backpack during holiday and it's hardly any heavier.

My vote goes for the Sirui. Been using for almost a year, although it's made in China, the quality and feel looks more to the western brands..

sorry for going a bit off topic, but would you guys recommend the gorillapod? or should i just get a good tripod from the start?
i was looking at the gorillapod as something that i can leave in the bag and just carry around with my camera. I dont see myself doing any shooting that requires a tripod (yet) but thats probably because im still new and learning.

Yes, the winds are no kick compared to some other places.

Something to highlight would be that if you shoot regularly up to waist-deep in water, corrosion is a real problem. I have went through nearly one tripod per year because of this. So suggest if you do that, find a tripod that is easy to maintain or strip to rinse down thoroughly with freshwater and WD-40 after every such encounter. Painful? Maybe. But beats buying a new tripod every year. :bsmilie:

sorry for going a bit off topic, but would you guys recommend the gorillapod? or should i just get a good tripod from the start?
i was looking at the gorillapod as something that i can leave in the bag and just carry around with my camera. I dont see myself doing any shooting that requires a tripod (yet) but thats probably because im still new and learning.

Let's see, if you want to just use a Gorillapod, you would need railings or a lamppost or at least something you can append the Gorillapod to. Maybe you could put it on the concrete pavement sometimes, I guess - I'm not a Gorillapod user.

My sense is that if you want something more versatile a good tripod would be deployable in many, many more situations than a Gorillapod. For example, if you're at the beach doing seascapes, I doubt you want to use a Gorillapod.

Yes, the winds are no kick compared to some other places.

Something to highlight would be that if you shoot regularly up to waist-deep in water, corrosion is a real problem. I have went through nearly one tripod per year because of this. So suggest if you do that, find a tripod that is easy to maintain or strip to rinse down thoroughly with freshwater and WD-40 after every such encounter. Painful? Maybe. But beats buying a new tripod every year. :bsmilie:

agree with this. good to wash down the legs and locks and spray some WD40 or put some oil on the joints after extensive use.

i always get mud on mine after macro shoots.

sand in the joints and locks can lead make the tripod very stiff and painful to operate :sweat:

was thinking you all can use the wet umbrella bag provided by many shopping centres during raining period for each of your tripod legs. then wash the bag, dry it and fold it up in your tripod bag.

was thinking you all can use the wet umbrella bag provided by many shopping centres during raining period for each of your tripod legs. then wash the bag, dry it and fold it up in your tripod bag.

what's the difference? u'll either have to wash 3 dirty plastic bags, or wash the tripod legs.

and wrapping plastic bags around tripod legs is so clumsy :bsmilie:

- what if u need to adjust height? u have to reach for the switch or unscrew the tripod through the plastic bag?

- what if u need to move around? is it practical to have 3 loose plastic bags fluttering around your tripod leg as you carry your gear from point A to point B looking for subjects?

- what if u need to be real quiet? rustling plastic bag sound is irritating and will scare away wildlife.

i prefer the more direct approach - wash tripod legs. :bsmilie:

I've seen this idea thrown up many times. My advice is to try it yourself for real - when you are digging the tripod legs deep into the sand to ensure that it is stable, or placing it on rocks, the bag will tear quickly.......

Plus don't you think such a narrow cylindrical thing would take quite some time to dry? :dunno:

Ah, i get what you guys meant. I never tried it before too.