Why don't I join the photoshoots?

Why don't I join the photoshoots? (You are allowed to make multiple choices!)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm newbie leh. Still dunno how to use my cam yet. :( So paisey. :embrass:

Drudkh said:
Then join us for newbie-friendly ones like this one . Sure to find someone there who'd be more then happy to share with you how. ;)

shameless self-plug...

Drudkh said:

You can start joining us for SEED and get to know the members face to face. You'll then realize that the members of ClubSNAP in general are always out to look out and help on another! ;)

Would really like to join for a weekend outing... I'm like 1 month old to SLR photography... :D:D:D

hmm.. just to share my newbie story, last sat at the drum out parade. saw ard 7-8 other photographers besides me. firstly, all of them were using digital cams, at least 5 had dslr. mine -> fm2, but at least got 28-200mm lens so I don't feel TOO inadequate.
secondly, all serious looking pple there.

serious looking equipment + serious looking pple != newbie friendly
(i know that's not def true, but it sure feels that way)

But heck them u'know, I was there, I was ready. I did my own shooting, as they did their own. I figure that quite a few of them had to be shooting for papers n such, maybe that's why they have that kind of firepower at hand. Made me feel a little better.. hahah.

My point being that even though it feels very intimidating at first, once u get into the groove of taking photos, u're not bothered anymore. U'll care more for where to get e next shot than where those dslrs are.

Of course, it would be much nicer and educational if there was a friendly old hand ard to offer tips and advice. Maybe let me tag behind and learn from him a bit?

Also, abt those small group outings. I'm just slow, by the time I read them, all the places have been taken! Heh..

foxtwo said:
hmm.. just to share my newbie story, last sat at the drum out parade. saw ard 7-8 other photographers besides me. firstly, all of them were using digital cams, at least 5 had dslr. mine -> fm2, but at least got 28-200mm lens so I don't feel TOO inadequate.
secondly, all serious looking pple there.

serious looking equipment + serious looking pple != newbie friendly
(i know that's not def true, but it sure feels that way)

But heck them u'know, I was there, I was ready. I did my own shooting, as they did their own. I figure that quite a few of them had to be shooting for papers n such, maybe that's why they have that kind of firepower at hand. Made me feel a little better.. hahah.

My point being that even though it feels very intimidating at first, once u get into the groove of taking photos, u're not bothered anymore. U'll care more for where to get e next shot than where those dslrs are.

Of course, it would be much nicer and educational if there was a friendly old hand ard to offer tips and advice. Maybe let me tag behind and learn from him a bit?

Also, abt those small group outings. I'm just slow, by the time I read them, all the places have been taken! Heh..

Maybe those pple were thinking,"wow, this guy skill, using manual body!"

I have used a FM2 once for an oversea trip, borrow from my fren. Gives me more satisfaction. Big cam only means more automation.

As for me, I like to shoot alone.

haha.. digital also need skill leh, so many buttons and new technology. i only see the dslr cam can make my head spin liao.

I also have a fuji finepix, but rarely rarely touch it anymore. last time used to carry both cams ard, but freaking heavy. And realise the only reason I carry the digi is 'cos can dl directly to pc, no need wait for film. But... But... i reckon the way to learn is to master basic slr first.

actually, i am also lazy to learn the controls of e digital.. hahah so stupid right.

foxtwo said:
haha.. digital also need skill leh, so many buttons and new technology. i only see the dslr cam can make my head spin liao.

I also have a fuji finepix, but rarely rarely touch it anymore. last time used to carry both cams ard, but freaking heavy. And realise the only reason I carry the digi is 'cos can dl directly to pc, no need wait for film. But... But... i reckon the way to learn is to master basic slr first.

actually, i am also lazy to learn the controls of e digital.. hahah so stupid right.

Haha, i agreed with your account. I have never attended a photo shoot, but i have NO equipment to speak of, jez a cheap Panasonic FZ1 and a 1985 Pentax range-finder

I'm trying to get a group of CS'ers in Perth together so we can go for shoots. See this thread. Make a post in there to register your interest and set "instant email notification". That way, if we DO get around to organizing something, you will be notified automatically!

so outing ya? ok lah ... y not ... me and that LingFoo guy is wondering abt on outing with any CS members...where to? Er...we can't figure out?

hmmmm...shooting together is ok wat,,, i take it as a chance to share ezperiences and ask questions....haha....

otherwise i normally shoot alone.. BECAUSE i work on odd days..army sometimes gimmie wed off...weekend stay....lydat how to join in...so shoot alone take time to tink do things at relaxed pace etc etc lo..

Echoing what witness said...shooting togther is ok.. Not that I dun wan to join in for shooting sesions...But was tied up with my own work schedule hard to commit and dun wish to pull back the last minute.

I'm waiting for a large scale shooting sessions held by clubsnap(if there is any). :)

Hi i've been wanting to explore that part of the world for sometime now, anyone interested in a trip there together? i really will like to go with photography buddies and not with my wife and kids, as... they lack the patience. I may be on the same spots for hours so i think those who are married and into photography knows what i mean.

let me know if anyone of you guys will like to organize one. This trips i have in mind are mostly photographic and video documenting trip and not shopping trips. the only R&R i can foresee are when the sun goes down, in one of their water holes (PUB etc)

Preferably in one hotel that offer internet connection where photos can be uploaded immed at the end of days for this trips project.

Cheers.

is it just me, or does anyone feel that shooting is really quite a private thing, and it feels like you're opening up your soul to strangers all at once?

stonely0 said:
Hi i've been wanting to explore that part of the world for sometime now, anyone interested in a trip there together? i really will like to go with photography buddies and not with my wife and kids, as... they lack the patience. I may be on the same spots for hours so i think those who are married and into photography knows what i mean.

let me know if anyone of you guys will like to organize one. This trips i have in mind are mostly photographic and video documenting trip and not shopping trips. the only R&R i can foresee are when the sun goes down, in one of their water holes (PUB etc)

Preferably in one hotel that offer internet connection where photos can be uploaded immed at the end of days for this trips project.

Cheers.

this is interesting. let me know if u r going to organize something like tht.

i'm in thailand most of the time... so how to go to these?

Any CSers living in thailand here? or am i the only sucker to be stuck there... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.