Why do Singaporean still goes back to a shop even when treated badly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zac08 said:
I personally ban tat place because they had ever poured hot water on the kittens in the area before. Such cruelty to animals is really intolerable. ;(

OMGWTFBBQ? :angry:

Eaten there once with my buddy. Didn't find it great or anything.. Neither did she. Shall tell my friends not to patronise that place..

zac08 said:
I personally ban tat place because they had ever poured hot water on the kittens in the area before. Such cruelty to animals is really intolerable. ;(

better don let my gf see that, she will definately call the SPCA.

prideless customer + arrogant businessman = Bad Service.

bo chap customer + arrogant businessman = Encouraging Bad Service.

prideful customer + arrogant businessman = L L (lol)

so we should have a website that have all the famous food listing in singapore with food and service rating. then we can send those bad eggs wondering "eh where's the customers ah?"

we all holds a value for things we 1 2 get ,

bak chor mee
1)SGD 10.00 , good service , good food ,
2)SGD 5.00 , bad service , good food
3)SGD 5.00 , good service , okay food

for the average income earner n going by a mth of eating out , which do u think most will spend the money on,

btw , jack , i thinks its a good idea to list the good food with service rating, but need to fine tune it a bit , maybe that person serving the food is in the foul mood of the day,

any snappers can intro stalls selling bbq stingray , i am looking for 1 to feast on . hehehehehe

i hate lousy service though i'm a sucker for good food. nowadays, i dun care the food good or not liao. most impt is good service. i even encounter bad svc in places which provide healthcare. places on my ban list are:

1. tan-teoh clinic in amk st 31, near my plc
2. beach road big prawn mee, located in the east
3. yong tau fu stall in S-11 next to Mac at AMK Central
4. drinks stall at S-11 next to Jubilee, AMK Central
5. Yoshinoya at Millenia Walk

canoni5 said:
i hate lousy service though i'm a sucker for good food. nowadays, i dun care the food good or not liao. most impt is good service. i even encounter bad svc in places which provide healthcare. places on my ban list are:

yea the drink stall LOL :bsmilie:

anyway rasa sayang is my fav there

Physical-Graffiti said:
yea the drink stall LOL :bsmilie:

anyway rasa sayang is my fav there

rasa sayang food standard drop liao... at least for hubby's fav steak

the drink stall ah... dat young, plump chap wearing specs at counter is 1 of a kind lor, attitude problem siah... then the uncle serving drinks jus happen not to see my fren & me every time we go thr for makan. sometimes we jus makan without drinks, then go 7-11 to buy drinks.

places on my ban list are:

5. Yoshinoya at Millenia Walk[/QUOTE]

add-ons:
6. coffeeshop at blk 300 plus, jus opposite the new shopping complex being built. drinks stall bad svc. economy rice - food standard drop liao & price also more expensive liao
7. Hog's Breath Cafe - lousy service, expensive, dunno how to listen to orders. my fren ordered med-rare steak, it came well cooked. we din send it back cos she was damn hungry liao. but we spread the word abt the lousy service & food

just a bit side track:

if "most" of the singaporeans have pride, why would they still vote for "somebody" after all the price hikes and etc.? and after that a simple $900 is enough to make u happy?

just some food for thought for the threadstarter to assess how sporean are

canoni5 said:

Yoshinoya at Millenia Walk close already.....moved to Marina Square.....so far no problem...:)

canoni5 said:
rasa sayang food standard drop liao... at least for hubby's fav steak

the drink stall ah... dat young, plump chap wearing specs at counter is 1 of a kind lor, attitude problem siah... then the uncle serving drinks jus happen not to see my fren & me every time we go thr for makan. sometimes we jus makan without drinks, then go 7-11 to buy drinks.

yea same here, buy from 7-11 after eating ;)

places on my ban list are:

add-ons:
6. coffeeshop at blk 300 plus, jus opposite the new shopping complex being built. drinks stall bad svc. economy rice - food standard drop liao & price also more expensive liao
7. Hog's Breath Cafe - lousy service, expensive, dunno how to listen to orders. my fren ordered med-rare steak, it came well cooked. we din send it back cos she was damn hungry liao. but we spread the word abt the lousy service & food

jus remembered this one:
8. Cafe Cartel at Bishan J8 - encountered the same thing TWICE!!! tis gal saw me waiting at the entrance Q which says "Pls wait to be served" so i wait lor. tis gal (same person on both occasions) ignored me even though i looked at her in the eye & even waved to her. there was once after she "saw" me several times, she came over & asked "table for how many" but guess where she was looking at? she was staring past me all the while she greeted hubby & me & asked us table for how many... damn pissed lor. even complaining to the captain din help cos he dunno how to handle complaints. he was jus repeating his insincere style of apologies & he din appear to be taking wat we say seriously despite trying to assure us dat he will keep our comments in mind. sigh...

Stanly said:
Yoshinoya at Millenia Walk close already.....moved to Marina Square.....so far no problem...:)

think the last time i went there was shortly after National Day... cos me & fren went to take pichoos... 1st time we kena the bad svc, we lun cos thot maybe bad day lor... 2nd time, buay tahan liao... i made complaint. the mgt sent me vouchers. we went makan at other outlets lor... after the 2nd time, nvr went dat yoshinoya liao

Let me add on, Pizza Hut.

I gave up on them after encountering frozen food from them. They burnt the surface of the food, but left the interior cold and frozen. And it was on 2 different occasions in 2 different locations (Bedok and Suntec)

The service was also horrible as when we complained about such food, they actually thought nothing of it and actually brought it into the kitchen to reheat. Damn lousy service.

Banned for life.

Hmm.... talking about service I guess some ppl feel that:
- If a shop doesn't make it up in service standards, it had better make it up in food standards.
- If a shop doesn't make it up in food standards, it had better make it up in service standards.

Its an either-or thing. Thus despite seeing bad and obnoxious services at famous shops serving their signature dishes, we are still seeing crowds of ppl going there for good food.

Haha the prob is many Singaporeans very funny one.... die die want to eat and the theory of if got long queue food is sure to be good.... worth waiting for.... For me, I cannot stand the following

1) Rude service
2) Super slow service
(Example: Taking own sweet time to cook something that other hawkers can do in mins)
3) Forgetting your order and when you go ask say sorry but then place you at the back of the queue again.

For me I will just simple say "Uncle, dont want liao"

One place I must commend is Thai Express at Plaza Singapura. Was eating there a few months back, ordered pha thai and my gf ordered crab with egg on rice. Sat for around 10 mins and the rice came. Then noticed 3 groups that came after me got their dishes, around 10 dishes in all, by this time my poor gf who didnt want to start without me... was slowly eating mini bites cos I insisted she eat first. when the first table got served, I asked for the waitress and asked "I think I came first, where is the pha thai?" then asked again and she just smiled said sorry and went to check. Finally the asked her to call her manager...

Finally after 45 mins the pha thai came just become the manager came over. She came over and I told her its okay now.. but your pha thai really took very long to come! Other's that come after me already taken their dinner!! She was really apologetic and I said never mind..

Then when I went to pay my bill, the cashier said that the Pha Thai is complimentary as a apology for the boo boo, seems that the order was misplaced and the chef didnt know about it.... Now that is what I call service!

centuryegg said:
Haha the prob is many Singaporeans very funny one.... die die want to eat and the theory of if got long queue food is sure to be good.... worth waiting for.... For me, I cannot stand the following

1) Rude service
2) Super slow service
(Example: Taking own sweet time to cook something that other hawkers can do in mins)
3) Forgetting your order and when you go ask say sorry but then place you at the back of the queue again.

For me I will just simple say "Uncle, dont want liao"

later he ask u to apologize, say, did u order the bah chor mee? mee pok, mai hiam? now u tell me u dun wan liao... i got CCTV u know... u see, u point at the bah chor mee, then show me 1 finger... correct... :sweatsm: :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
later he ask u to apologize, say, did u order the bah chor mee? mee pok, mai hiam? now u tell me u dun wan liao... i got CCTV u know... u see, u point at the bah chor mee, then show me 1 finger... correct... :sweatsm: :bsmilie:

Then I say... Im sorry... Im really sorry... it was honest mistake.... NOW can we move on!???

haha haha haha

For Pizza Hut, it depends quite a lot on people working in the restaurant branch.

I second that suntec is bad, I've also encounted burnt pizza in Suntec, so I never go back there.

Jurong Point is okay, sometimes a little burnt

The best is the one in Beauty World (did I get the location correct), near Bukit Timah Area - pizzas are well done nicely and very tasty/good texture.

zac08 said:
Let me add on, Pizza Hut.

I gave up on them after encountering frozen food from them. They burnt the surface of the food, but left the interior cold and frozen. And it was on 2 different occasions in 2 different locations (Bedok and Suntec)

The service was also horrible as when we complained about such food, they actually thought nothing of it and actually brought it into the kitchen to reheat. Damn lousy service.

Banned for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.