Who will win WORLD CUP 2006?

Status
Not open for further replies.
blazer_workz said:
How do you explain France winning world cup in 1998?

I have examined this anomaly and concluded that England was responsible for this mathematical error. Football is not the only thing they are not very good at. They are also poor in maths. They did not realise that 1966 + 1998 = 3964. And you know the French. They are always keen to seize the opportunity to show that they are better than the Englishmen.

England will win the world cup, bad owen (omen) has left the building....heehee:sweatsm:

England can only win if they play to the strengths of the players, and personaly, Sven has made some STRANGE choices so far. My pick for the England formation would be as follows:

GK: Robbinson
Central defenders: Terry & Ferdinand (Or Cambel if Ferdinand not fit)
Left Back: A Cole
Right Back: Carragher
Holding Midfield: Hargreaves or Carrick (Can't decide who is better)
Right Wing: Beckam (If oponents have stronger attack) or Lennon (If oponents attack weaker)
Left Wing: J.Cole
Centre of Midfield: Gerrard and Lampard
Striker: Rooney

With this formation, it gives Gerrard and Lampard the freedom to do what they do best. Float around, support the strikers, terrorize defenders and score goals.

What do you folks think?

Semi finals:
Germany vs Italy
England vs Brazil

Final:
Germany vs Brazil

This time Germany will win the cup :bsmilie: .

ldft said:
England can only win if they play to the strengths of the players, and personaly, Sven has made some STRANGE choices so far. My pick for the England formation would be as follows:

Right Wing: Beckam (If oponents have stronger attack) or Lennon (If oponents attack weaker)

With this formation, it gives Gerrard and Lampard the freedom to do what they do best. Float around, support the strikers, terrorize defenders and score goals.

What do you folks think?

one thing is that the strikers in English team has low morale. Why? those bloody midfielders like Lampard are taking more strikes on goal. Usually midfieders should try to pass FIRST, shoot second. But I think Lampard got it the other way round. Like that very demoralising to strikers...

ldft said:

What do you folks think?

I favour a more offensive formation. Your formation is quite Eriksson like. ;)

GK: Robinson
Central defenders: Terry & Ferdinand
Holding Midfield: Hargreaves
Right Wing: Beckham
Centre of Midfield: Gerrard
Striker: Crouch

Lampard looks like he can't produce his club form for England. Still not convience about Gerrard but at least, he is starting to score. I like Crouch, (I like to make fun of his name too!) and I think he will trouble non-european defences. His best position is acutally behind the main striker and with Rooney, he can switch positions during the game. Crouch as a lone striker, I think he CMI.

As for the holding mid, Hargreaves have more experience. Eriksson still got no balls to play Walcott. Maybe in the next game he will sub him in.

afbug said:
As for the holding mid, Hargreaves have more experience. Eriksson still got no balls to play Walcott. Maybe in the next game he will sub him in.

ya lor. I thought Erikson will sub Walcott in the last game of the group stages. I just reflects REALLY badly on him lor. Right from the beginning he knows Owen just recovered, Rodney is injured so the striker position is very thin. Then he make such a "weird" decision to include Walcott at the expense of other more experienced strikers. But in the end also never let him play...

wind30 said:
ya lor. I thought Erikson will sub Walcott in the last game of the group stages. I just reflects REALLY badly on him lor. Right from the beginning he knows Owen just recovered, Rodney is injured so the striker position is very thin. Then he make such a "weird" decision to include Walcott at the expense of other more experienced strikers. But in the end also never let him play...

Aiya he no balls to play him but got balls to select him. And select only 4 strikers. He is very defensive minded. Still tot he managing Lazio. Tell you, if a draw = 2pts in the group stage, he will field 9 defenders and 1 midfielder. :bsmilie:

Thats why i said, once owen injured and rooney not fit or injured, he will look like a dumb cow. :sweatsm: Crouch as lone srtiker = CMI/helping opponants clear the balls most of the time. And he will not dare to field Walcott, so 4-5-1 formation and let the whole world laugh at him. kekeke......evil me. :sweat: His midfielders will have to really work hard and produce the goals.

Now after yesterday's 2 last 16 matches , I think France will carry the cup. They will beat Spain next without ZeeDone. Then Ghana who would KO Brazil in the biggest upset so far on penalties.S-F, France will again go extra time and beat Holland by a Sylvester goal.The Oranges will become Tweety Birds.Final they will crush Germany and Vieira will lift the cup.Then where is England?They will drown their sorrows with Heineken with their fans.HA! HA!!

blazer_workz said:
Analysis:
Brazil seldom win WorldCup in a European Continent; should able to reach q.finals
France players quite on form recently; hope they can maintain standards
Italy stable team; too much defence may not work oso
Portugal; surprise, surprise, surprise
Germany host; no problem to q.finals
England kelong team; always favourable to bookies

Underdogs: Czech, Croatia, Ukraine, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Aussies

Predictions:
France, Italy, or Portugal to win

With regards to my ealier analysis dated on 25052006 1115HRS

Updated Quater Finals Prediction:

1.) Germany v Argentina
Predicted winner -> Germany

2.) Italy v Ukraine (Predicted Ukraine to beat Switzerland)
Predicted winnner -> Italy

3.) England v Portugal
Predicted winner -> Portugal

4.) Brazil v France (Predicted Brazil to beat Ghana and France to beat Spain)
Predicted winner -> France

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

blazer_workz said:

1.) Germany v Argentina

3.) England v Portugal

Power lah,so early today.Portugal to win the cup.:bsmilie:

sometimes, watch england play can vomit blood...;(

togu said:
SOmetimes? You must be joking.... :p
in this world cup? i vomit all the time when they play!:sweatsm:

blazer_workz said:

1.) Germany v Argentina

3.) England v Portugal

Will this gonna affect the italians?
Juventus and other top Serie A clubs Lazio, AC Milan and Fiorentina were on Thursday ordered to appear before a sports tribunal next week, with the teams risking demotion to a lower division. Charges were also filed against 26 people, including team managers, referees and officials from Italy's soccer federation.

Extracted from Juve the centre of network for match-fixing

:think:

If England were to play the same style as their previous matches,they will never smell the Semi Finals !!!! They can never cop up the speed and accuracy in passing as the other teams which qualified!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.