Who is learning driving now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, when stall, I never touch the gear. I clutch in n also, right foot on the brake. Then move off as usual but stall only appear during test. During practise, want to stall also no chance. :confused:

Hahaha.. I always stall during practice.. I tend to be quite conservative on the gas pedal.. During test I ram more.. ;p

I think he refers to when turning out to go on the road.

This usually happens when one turn slightly early. He is 'fortunate' to get only 10 points, cause usually, once hit kerb is an immediate failure already.

BTW, after got my licence and whenever I drive on the road now, I still will hit the kerb once in a while, especially when turning at unfamiliar places. Hehe... :bsmilie:

er...hit kerb only 10 points...but mount kerb=DIE!!!

but i see the new cars looks smaller...and easier to handle...

Hahaha.. I always stall during practice.. I tend to be quite conservative on the gas pedal.. During test I ram more.. ;p

haha....same same...

If you're too close to the kerb on either side, then you should have done correction first? :dunno: Mine so far no problem. I use the kerb markings for my sighting point.

haha...that one hor...cause first test know the problem already...did the correction in the second test...but end up hit the other one...boring...hahahahha...

er...hit kerb only 10 points...but mount kerb=DIE!!!

but i see the new cars looks smaller...and easier to handle...

Wah.. sighting point all different.. During my first circuit lesson, dunno why they assigned me a City instead of a Civic, went through crank coruse and S course without problems, basically wasted one lesson because next lesson on Civic strike kerb for crank course. Got to learn the car's sighting points all over again. ;p

haha...that one hor...cause first test know the problem already...did the correction in the second test...but end up hit the other one...boring...hahahahha...

Walao.. over corrected.. ;p Maybe is because during the test blur blur, the car didn't centre and you thought you needed correction but actually not required?

During my vertical parking practice also.. I went through the first few times swee swee, vehicle in the centre of the lot, then one day I was quite tired (IPT the night before and I got stiff shoulders), the car went off one side, sighting point correct but the turning was late.. Then I realised that I just turned my head instead of my body which I did all the time to look at the rear windscreen, so sighting point is off.. It's makes quite a difference for vertical parking because the lot is just nice for Civic. Got to be quite precise.

Wah.. sighting point all different.. During my first circuit lesson, dunno why they assigned me a City instead of a Civic, went through crank coruse and S course without problems, basically wasted one lesson because next lesson on Civic strike kerb for crank course. Got to learn the car's sighting points all over again. ;p

ya lor...i use the old civic for practise...new civic for test...all wrong...

Walao.. over corrected.. ;p Maybe is because during the test blur blur, the car didn't centre and you thought you needed correction but actually not required?

During my vertical parking practice also.. I went through the first few times swee swee, vehicle in the centre of the lot, then one day I was quite tired (IPT the night before and I got stiff shoulders), the car went off one side, sighting point correct but the turning was late.. Then I realised that I just turned my head instead of my body which I did all the time to look at the rear windscreen, so sighting point is off.. It's makes quite a difference for vertical parking because the lot is just nice for Civic. Got to be quite precise.

haha...you know la...when its correct that time...but go do more correction...pressure sia...both test leave circuit with 10points...sian...
worst of all...no more pocket money book pracitical already...just went for the test...

Having different cars to drive is one bad thing about the Driving Centre's lessons...

Having different cars to drive is one bad thing about the Driving Centre's lessons...

i agree...but they always cut cost and up fees...and replace the cars in batch...nothing much we can do about it...only jurong driving centre use all the same...but thats for lorry...

Anyway, the instructors told me they are not supposed to give me another model to drive. Sighting point still about the same for old and new Civic. But the clutch and gas pedals feels different. The older Civic seems to have a much faster half clutch speed than the new ones. It might be due to the difference in engine idling speed. ABS during E-brake also feels different.. not as shiok.. ;p

May not be a bad thing actually because it allows you to learn to feel more of the car than just get used to one. Also the different instructors give diffferent point of view, may be confusing at times but lets you see different aspects. Plus if get someone you don't know, easier to practise as if it's the tester beside you.

The emphasis also seems a lil different... Centres try to emphasis more on circuit driving and external trainers tend to do the reverse...

Like, how many lessons before you get to the main road...

The emphasis also seems a lil different... Centres try to emphasis more on circuit driving and external trainers tend to do the reverse...

Like, how many lessons before you get to the main road...

2? As long as I could do the clutch properly and got a PDL, I was told to go to the road already. Basically on the road most of the time for stage 1 and 2 then come back to do the circuit for stage 3. Stages 4 and 5 basically test format, alternate between circuit and road during each practice session..

My left foot was injure during IPT and for 3 wks, still having the pain. Doctor give me medicine as he suspect other kind of illness. Tomorrow going to have lesson, don't know can control clutch or not. See how lor, maybe coming friday, go back to doc n request for X-Ray. :eek:

Actually, I don't think it's a bad thing at all. Firstly, different cars response or react differently. It's good to learn how to deal with different cars' responses, then you will be more confident to drive a totally different car any time.

I had drove few Honda civic models and even different car of the same model during lesson, inclusive of the old vti model. Fortunately I had one lesson on the new (back then) Honda civic model, and thus was quite familiar with it already, cause the gear shift and the clutch feel is different. Cause I was allocated with one such new model during my test.

Actually, i'm just starting to get familiar with my cousin's beat-up Mitsubishi Lancer. I just love listening to Urbandub's music on his Kenwood car stereo while driving, it get's my blood pumping!
No offence, but please be cautious, cause it's exactly such car stero and music that caused a driver to drive on a high speed unknowingly.

My left foot was injure during IPT and for 3 wks, still having the pain. Doctor give me medicine as he suspect other kind of illness. Tomorrow going to have lesson, don't know can control clutch or not. See how lor, maybe coming friday, go back to doc n request for X-Ray. :eek:
For your safety, better postpone your driving lesson tomorrow.

Either that or see if you can get an auto car to practise the sighting points, safety checks and other aspects if those are your problem area.

Still manage to drive just now but mount kerb as I follow the path of the car infront n didn't take note of the side. I know that I going to hit the kerb but carry on, no choice. :(:eek:

Still manage to drive just now but mount kerb as I follow the path of the car infront n didn't take note of the side. I know that I going to hit the kerb but carry on, no choice. :(:eek:

ayio...be careful...

Status
Not open for further replies.