Who is learning driving now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry dude, you do need to have a valid Class 3 driving licence in order to buy a car, especially if you wish to test drive your car. You'll need to submit your driving licence to the sales agent and they will keep it when you are out doing test drive.
Strange. I never recall my SE asked for my driving licence while test drive. They always presume you have the licence. Anyway anything happen, they will just blame you and claim from you.

Common mistakes
- fail to stop completely at the stop line
- fail to stop while traffic light is amber or blinking green
- fail to stop before yellow box located just before the traffic light
- fail to stop a distance before a hazard

so always slow down when approaching a traffic junction or hazard.

I made the mistake exactly because during the warm-up I was reminded of all these.

It was green light, I was doing right turn, so I already crossed the line but there was traffic on the other side of the road, I could not go, so I was waiting for the green arrow. But because there was no car behind me, the traffic light did not get into the normal sequence of green arrow, but the lights turned amber, turned red, and the green arrow then turn on but immediately flashing. In my mind was, "flashing cannot go, flashing cannot go... " but I forgot I already crossed the line and was already in the junction, so I must go otherwise I'll be obstructing traffic... How silly of me.. ;p

NCD you can only accumulate yourself.and it's not transferable.

means you got to own a car, and no accident claims, then every year you'll enjoy 10% discount.
if you're rich enough to buy a second car, you WONT enjoy the NCD.it's only applicable for your 1st ride.

But if change car?

I made the mistake exactly because during the warm-up I was reminded of all these.

It was green light, I was doing right turn, so I already crossed the line but there was traffic on the other side of the road, I could not go, so I was waiting for the green arrow. But because there was no car behind me, the traffic light did not get into the normal sequence of green arrow, but the lights turned amber, turned red, and the green arrow then turn on but immediately flashing. In my mind was, "flashing cannot go, flashing cannot go... " but I forgot I already crossed the line and was already in the junction, so I must go otherwise I'll be obstructing traffic... How silly of me.. ;p

Does the traffic junction has marking to guide you to position your car after the stop ? If yes, you are not wrong to proceed when amber or blinking green. If no, you are not suppose to cross the stop line at all time until green arrow is on or traffic is clear.

It was green light, I was doing right turn, so I already crossed the line but there was traffic on the other side of the road, I could not go, so I was waiting for the green arrow. But because there was no car behind me, the traffic light did not get into the normal sequence of green arrow, but the lights turned amber, turned red, and the green arrow then turn on but immediately flashing. In my mind was, "flashing cannot go, flashing cannot go... " but I forgot I already crossed the line and was already in the junction, so I must go otherwise I'll be obstructing traffic... How silly of me..

Walau, you damn lucky and cute lor.

Normal reaction will be a go, u stay there for what? Ghost month, cannot see well har? :bsmilie: Think u need to cycle on the road to get use to this kind of situation. ;p

Mine is unlucky, no one give way, me die!

Just now I think back, where are those blind spot came from. I know liao, during circuit! No wonder so many ticks over there, next time becareful liao.

Although test route 5 easily, some time depend on luck. Anyway, tester favor girls mostly. For guy, u pray on ur luck lor.

Me got 2 more wks to go, pray hard liao, haha! :bsmilie:

I also made the same mistake during 1 of my practical lessons, conclusion is u shld go and
not stay in the junction becos :

Proceed on Amber Light/Blinking green arrow - 8 demerit pts
Fail to stop at stop-line - immediate failure
Remain in the junction - immediate failure

so of course have to go, get 8 pts is still better than immediate failure assuming u have not
accumulated too many pts before that.

33 and now take Dtest?all the best NIK-god.
though you wont need it.

Dun like tat leh... me also taking test for first time for driving (Next Jan) and I'm also close to his age...:sweat:

Dun like tat leh... me also taking test for first time for driving (Next Jan) and I'm also close to his age...:sweat:

no offence intended whatsoever lah.
just surprised.

i tot the norm now is when one hits the minimum age to take the test, they will jump at it.

just surprised.

i tot the norm now is when one hits the minimum age to take the test, they will jump at it.

I did have bike license in the past... just too reckless to hold on to it... :bsmilie:

So took me quite a while before I could tell myself that I'm ok for the road again...

How many secondary drivers can there be? So if next time the secondary driver wants to register a car for himself, will he be eligible for NCD?
I'm not sure about this but I think at most may be 2 or 3? Can't be too many right? Hehe...

Nope , you do not need. If you do not have a driver license, you can still purchase a car, provided the car is insured with a driver who is going to drive that vehicle (you can be the owner who do not have a valid license and paid for the car, but you cannot drive the car yourself and the car needs to be insured for the driver). My first car (in Singapore) was purchased in this manner. However, the insurance was insured with the driver (that is me). The owner at that time did not have a license.

My relative (no driving license) have recently purchase a car for her son (who just got the license). Ownership is her, but the insurance is for her son.

After settling the insurance regardless who is the owner as long the car is insured with the driver (who may not be the owner) , then you can register for the car with LTA.
Oh Sorry, didn't know it can be done this way, but I do find such arrangement very 'weird'.

But then how to the insurance company calculate your insurance if you don't have a licence yet? Cause the premium is calculated based on the number of years of driving experiences. So how is it that while the car owner is registered under another owner of the car and yet the insurance is covering another person who does not officially own the car and doesn't have any licence yet?

Sorry, I seriously still find it hard to understand... Cause when I purchased my car, the amount of questions asked about my years of driving experience and whether is it my first car had really caused a deep impression on me, and I was told that my premium had to be a little higher since I'm an inexperience driver at that time and being the first time car owner. Thus, I got the thinking that the insurance premium is calculated based on driving experiences and thus requires a valid driving licence.

Strange. I never recall my SE asked for my driving licence while test drive. They always presume you have the licence. Anyway anything happen, they will just blame you and claim from you.
My SE asked for my licence and kept with her manager's office when I was out test driving the car. And I remembered very well because after I test drive and register to buy the car, she actually forgot to return my driving licence, and I had to asked it back from her. Hehe..

I also made the same mistake during 1 of my practical lessons, conclusion is u shld go and

so of course have to go, get 8 pts is still better than immediate failure assuming u have not
well, but proceed on red light is also immediate failure
so depends on your luck, but i agree, better action is to just go
and best is to be able to estimate whether you can go long before or not
and of course, drive such that you will be able to stop safely behind stop line

just surprised.

hahaha, school now damn expensive la
not sure about private rates

just surprised.

I started my driving lessons at 38 and took my driving licence when I was 39, so... Haha...

Not everyone will jump in immediately when hit the minimum age. Haha... Mainly because, previously, there was no need for me to own a car, but later due to posting to a new job and requires lots of travelling, thus, decided to get a driving licence and a car then.

I started my driving lessons at 38 and took my driving licence when I was 39, so... Haha...

Not everyone will jump in immediately when hit the minimum age. Haha... Mainly because, previously, there was no need for me to own a car, but later due to posting to a new job and requires lots of travelling, thus, decided to get a driving licence and a car then.

Me wanted to learn as firstly, sick of current job. Get a licence, can find another job more easy. Secondly, under separation now, try to use this not to think abt the marriage. Thirdly, driving center just below my house (Last time also walking distance).

Last time my mum keep asking me to learn and even sponsor me but I don't need it, so, wasted it. Time flies, 10 yrs liao then learn but luckily still consider better as I could control my temper better lor. ;)

Does the traffic junction has marking to guide you to position your car after the stop ? If yes, you are not wrong to proceed when amber or blinking green. If no, you are not suppose to cross the stop line at all time until green arrow is on or traffic is clear.

Oh is that so? Hmmm.. But there is a central divider, I was taught during practice I could cross the stop line when it was green light but have to stop before the traffic on the opposite side.. So I guess when the lights turn red, the blinking arrow is for me to go if I had not been able to when the light was still green. :dunno: Ah well.. lesson learnt.. ;p

Walau, you damn lucky and cute lor.

Normal reaction will be a go, u stay there for what? Ghost month, cannot see well har? :bsmilie: Think u need to cycle on the road to get use to this kind of situation. ;p

Mine is unlucky, no one give way, me die!

Just now I think back, where are those blind spot came from. I know liao, during circuit! No wonder so many ticks over there, next time becareful liao.

Although test route 5 easily, some time depend on luck. Anyway, tester favor girls mostly. For guy, u pray on ur luck lor.

Me got 2 more wks to go, pray hard liao, haha! :bsmilie:

Hehehe.. my colleagues also say it's just luck.. so all the best to you!! I managed to book on 6 Nov when I log in today. Saw the date and quickly cancelled my original booking on 26 Nov and rebooked this date. ;p

I think in this situation there won't be an 8 demerit point because I already crossed the white line during green light. The 8 demerit point is only for crossing the white line when the light has already changed to amber or arrow already flashing. Sigh.. why I so blur? :dunno:

Ah? CS got so many of us around our age taking driving test ah? BBTM is 34 right? ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.