Who is brave and want to host a diving trip slideshow

Status
Not open for further replies.
masochism4iu0.gif

By the way, while waiting for the big meeting i am still trying to arrange with my committee (aiya why must things be complicated, just do it lah!), would any of you divers want to come this Thursday for a casual see see look look meeting?

Sorry sis..... working afternoon shift. :(

Divers/Photographers Meeting

Date: 16/01/08 (Wed)
Time: 730pm - 930pm
Venue: Toa Payoh CENTRAL C.C., Ground Floor, Adventure Resource Centre room.

Heya, sorry for the long wait. My laptop died and my life got into a frenzy. I also lost all your emails and contact and suggestions sent me via PM with the computer. Please rsvp here at this thread. Or email me at tin797@yahoo.com.sg . Me and my chairlady will be there at the meeting. Basically, she will be sharing with you some guidelines and procedures with booking of rooms and organising any activities under the C.C.. After that you all will have the freedom to plan how to have your slideshow/ talk/ sharing sessions/ exhibition. My chairlady Jo is a diver too, maybe you all can try to psycho her to join in your group.

Hope all of you will come, provide suggestions and find buddies to co-present your work with. Hope the series of diving/photography sharing activities in 2008 will bring more divers/photographers closer. And hope it will be a fantastic new year for everyone! See Ya!

Cheers to the new year,
Tianyun

Heya, sorry for the long wait. My laptop died and my life got into a frenzy. I also lost all your emails and contact and suggestions sent me via PM with the computer. Please rsvp here at this thread. Or email me at tin797@yahoo.com.sg . Me and my chairlady will be there at the meeting. Basically, she will be sharing with you some guidelines and procedures with booking of rooms and organising any activities under the C.C.. After that you all will have the freedom to plan how to have your slideshow/ talk/ sharing sessions/ exhibition. My chairlady Jo is a diver too, maybe you all can try to psycho her to join in your group.

Hope all of you will come, provide suggestions and find buddies to co-present your work with. Hope the series of diving/photography sharing activities in 2008 will bring more divers/photographers closer. And hope it will be a fantastic new year for everyone! See Ya!

Cheers to the new year,
Tianyun

So it'll be a meeting first to discuss details of the presentation/slideshow?? :think:

I'm working on the 16th...... but i might be working morning shift. Will confirm if coming once I get Jan duty timing.

btw..... you want us to bring anything or not.......??

I've stayed in TPY all these while but never knew there was such a club around. Better make myself free that evening to take a look.

You guys can attend SAFRA Photo Convention if you have interest in underwater photography. It'll feature a seminar by Mr. Scott Tuason and also an optional underwater photography workshop at Sentosa Underwater World. Free marine grade current hook for 1st 50 pax. :cheers:

You guys can attend SAFRA Photo Convention if you have interest in underwater photography. It'll feature a seminar by Mr. Scott Tuason and also an optional underwater photography workshop at Sentosa Underwater World. Free marine grade current hook for 1st 50 pax. :cheers:

Expensive sia... :bigeyes:

Is it? The free gifts like marine grade current hook and steel pointer with carabiner is enough to cover back the fee for the seminar if I'm not wrong. =)

sorry for OT but andy I have emailed u for details of the photo convention ... as I wish to highlight it on my public cal but have received no reply from you ..

sorry for OT but andy I have emailed u for details of the photo convention ... as I wish to highlight it on my public cal but have received no reply from you ..

I think you can find it on safra website .....

Extracted from Safra website.

Dancing in a Blue Wind - SAFRA Photo Convention

SAFRA Photographic Club is inviting renowned marine photographer, Mr Scott Tuason from the Philippines as speaker for the SAFRA Photo Convention. Scott has been diving for 27 years and taking underwater pictures for 20 years. He contributes regularly to Asian Diver, Sport Diving Australia, Scuba Globe Asia Pacific and Action Asia, including their "Adventure guide to the Philippines".

The SAFRA Photo Convention features an exhibition that shows off Mr Tuason's lighting techniques, a seminar that teaches you how to go beyond textbook shots and an optional hands-on workshop where you will learn straight from the pro. It is a great opportunity for recreational divers and adventurous photographers to learn more about the joys of underwater photography.

The workshop is limited to 8 participants per day. You will experience an actual underwater shoot in a controlled marine enviroment (Underwater World Sentosa). Participants are to bring their own underwater gear, digital camera, housing and strobe. Tanks and weights will be provided. Refreshments and transportation back to the mainland will be provided after the workshop.

The workshop will begin with a briefing, followed by a 40min underwater shoot, a 1 hour photo review and a 2nd round of shooting and review (the 2 underwater shoots will be in different tanks, Reef Tank and Shark Tank).

Seminars and workshops feature the same content on both days. You can chose your preferred date. First 50 tickets to the seminar will be entitled to a free marine grade current hook! Goodie bag items include a marine grade steel pointer with carabiner, Phillipines Dive Guide, limited edition logbook and 2008 monthly calendar with Mr Tuason's underwater images. There's more! Nikon product voucher, Epson printer voucher, GP batteries etc await you when you sign up!

Details of Seminar:
Dates: 26 or 27 Jan 2008
Time: 9am - 1pm
Venue: National Museum

Fees:

SAFRA Photographic Club Member - $32.10
SAFRA member - $37.45
Guest - $48.15

Details of Workshop:
Dates: 26 or 27 Jan 2008
Time: 2pm - 7.30pm
Venue: Sentosa Underwater World (limited to 8pax per day)

Fees:

SAFRA Photographic Club Member - $267.50
SAFRA member - $278.20
Guest - $288.90

oh horrors of horrors! free steel pointers and hooks!

Don't give them to people who are going to poke around the rhinopias & other divers!

Tianyun

Hi! Are you coming? Or should I change the date to after Chinese New Year?

Tonight, don't fly me kite!

Toa Payoh Central CC is within walking distance from Toa Payoh MRT and interchange. It is across the road opp the library, and also beside a church. The ground floor room is recognisable by a pretty door with a pretty bridge photo.

Those of you who couldn't attend tonight, don't worry, I will keep you updated, on this thread probably since I lost all your emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.