Who is brave and want to host a diving trip slideshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

tin797

Oct 18, 2007
Ang Mo Kio
Hi YO, Divers who can shoot,

I am from Toa Payoh Adventure Club, we are inviting brave people to conduct interesting photographic or video slideshows for public and our members. They can be adventure based, sports based, exotic places or just photos with stories behind (we can put non-adventure slideshows under general programs).

Diving and underwater photography is one of the things some of our members like to do, but they might not have the correct equipments or know the correct ways to do it.

We can provide free activity room at Toa Payoh Central C.C., free projector and screen, maybe free cheapo drinks and hong guan biscuits. We even give you free publicity thru our database and other means (which means here at Clubsnap). It is for public, so if you already have a fanbase for your works, cannn no problem, we can add more chairs.

Since we provide everything for free, we hope to present these series of slideshows free too. If we have budget left over from other events, maybe we can present you with a cheapo gift of priceless appreciation...

So if you are on, you are knowledgeable and have a lot to share for your diving trips/ photos/ photography tips/ the underwater creatures, leave a message here! Or if you are brave enough to host a slideshow but too shy to leave message here, email me @ tin797@yahoo.com.sg

If you want to do a combine slideshow with your photographer or trekking buddies, by all means gather them. We can discuss and decide when and how to do it. Even if you want, we can try to arrange to combine a few slideshow with other people that might be interested, then we have slideshow marathon! Woah! (actually, I will fall asleep :embrass: )

http://tpadventure.multiply.com/video/item/27/Darling_its_better_down_where_its_wetter Check out our promo slideshow video for our recent trip! I do one! but only the video (haiz), the pretty photos are by Josephine, our club's cool chairlady.

From,
Tianyun (I do publicity)

Toa Payoh Adventure Club
tekan.torture.abuse.ourselves.v.shiok :devil:

Join our official mailing list
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ToaPay...ntureClub/join
Join our online community
http://tpadventure.multiply.com

Not to mention free ushers and free tech support. if you want free music for your slideshow i can even download illegally for you, if go to jail, i go :cry: you no need :cry:

I got alot of photos from Similan, Manado, Lembeh Straits, Bali..... but sorry.... me no guts to stand infornt of crowds.... :)

Aiya, me too (not that i have any decent photos to show) Previously we had a few from our own members, those are very casual, we just sit and enjoy the photos, the photographer will explain some of the special culture or people in the photos, or interesting things that happened during the trip.

Wana try? perhaps a short sharing session combine with other travellers? Can be arranged you know, but I have yet to get any response yet. Maybe I should post this at the General Section...

Aiya, me too (not that i have any decent photos to show) Previously we had a few from our own members, those are very casual, we just sit and enjoy the photos, the photographer will explain some of the special culture or people in the photos, or interesting things that happened during the trip.

Wana try? perhaps a short sharing session combine with other travellers? Can be arranged you know, but I have yet to get any response yet. Maybe I should post this at the General Section...

PM-ed you..... :D

PM-ed you too.

But re-post here anyway!

Maybe most people are shy, why not have a slideshow sharing session of Amazing Underwater World (sorry lame title) but instead of 1 photographer hosting, we invite all who are interested in Diving or Underwater Photography to come and watch lah.

Then we will show your video, we will show another persons video, we will share about different diving sites and different diving centres, then we show another anothers persons video, then we share a bit on the photography equipments and how to take nice photos underwater! no one has to stand in front of the crowd, everybody just share! hows that?

A better idea Bro..... me using PnS only.... can't compare to the Pro here. :embrass:

Not bro but sis...

Another re-post

Make it a gathering lah, we make friends with each other without the mask.

Btw, I am not a diver.

This kinda slideshow cum sharing also can inspire people like me to become very gian, heart itchy, then go sign up for diving course.

It wont be too soon, cos if sharing session need to gather more divers and photographers to share their work and experience.

So you will have losa time to prepare the slideshow, or prepare yourself be brave lah. Or you can just go there watch the slideshow and pretend you didnt make them, since cant see your face in them, and you hear what others got to say... wah, like that ar... ;p wont be fun isnt it?

your PM is flooded... so i'm just posting it here..

hi,

i saw your thread regarding some slideshow stuff.

i don't mind sharing for about an hour or so. maybe a suggested theme would be "starting out in u/w photography"?

you can see some of my stuff here: www.colouredshots.com (just refresh a couple of times if it doesnt show)

when do you think is a good time for this talk/sharing session?

do let me know so we can discuss more.

regards,
John

I don't mind but might be kinda busy in the next few weeks, gotta get used to new toy before year end long trip, muahahaha.... :bsmilie:

good good i am getting responses!

I wana know if you all prefer to have a COMBINED slideshow cum diving/ underwater photography sharing session. Or prefer to do a solo one alone. If combine slideshow, let's all meet up and fix a date, discuss on the format of the show, maybe each diver show different photos taken at different diving locations or something. The not shy one shall do the talking during slideshow and the shy ones will share whenever he or she feels not shy. How about that?

Will leave this thread open for one week, then me, my diver chairlady and the diver photographers here shall meet!

And then if you people are not too intimidating, maybe my chairlady would want to show a few of her photos during the slideshow too, although she say hers are not that good, but we share mah. nobody becomes super overnight except superman mah.

I dont mind sharing my experience ... underwater ... bt my photos sucks ... maybe a video can make it onli .... though at low frames ...

Dont worry too much about the suckness of the photos, why you all so humble? Anyway, besides the photos, the audience also want to share or know about interesting places to dive and your diving experience, how you started diving how you started underwater photography, what are the fishes/ divers you met mah, just share lah!

I am keen to attend and share experience. Hope it is on my offday. PM me with details.

im the opposite. hehe. no stage fright but no awesome photos nor well edited videos. LOL

Anyway, is anyone welcomed to go and watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.