who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no lah, sometimes, i just do it to make it a great shoot for everyone. i help set up and pack the studio too. So, its ok, at least, it was part of my learning process.

so, i did not hold any grudge. Just sway only nia.... but hey, at least the model cheer me up... that was priceless.

:think: scandal noted... :think:

participants dun tell them off, then too bad bah...

its like the shoot is for say 6 to 1, organiser is there to organise, not shoot.

so if organiser shoot, then is 7 to 1...

i think organiser should be the one doing the reflector job.

organiser is paid to make the participant enjoy the shoot, not he self enjoy together.

well said. Last sentence pretty much sums up everything.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

no lah, sometimes, i just do it to make it a great shoot for everyone. i help set up and pack the studio too. So, its ok, at least, it was part of my learning process.

so, i did not hold any grudge. Just sway only nia.... but hey, at least the model cheer me up... that was priceless.

wah.. how come u have only ? priceless.. ? :confused:

There was once i was at a studio shoot. (Not organised by CS).

I held the electric fan for everyone as i felt frustrated when i saw the fan blowing at the wrong angle. The model love the shots by other photographers. When it came my turn, no one bothered. I asked one to help me, but he any how blow. I also no mood to shoot. In the end, the model expected me to show her nice pictures, i told her i dont have any to show. She asked why, i told her i was the only one who was willing to hold the fan.

i have the same experience. when i hold the light box or fan, i always make sure the angles are correct etc. but when it comes to the others' turn to hold, they just go through the motion and anyhow whack. I had to tell them what to do etc.

sadly, some of these people are my regular kakis. dunno what to say. :dunno:

i have the same experience. when i hold the light box or fan, i always make sure the angles are correct etc. but when it comes to the others' turn to hold, they just go through the motion and anyhow whack. I had to tell them what to do etc.

so other tangshooters not model shooters rite... :bsmilie:

so other tangshooters not model shooters rite... :bsmilie:

some are model shooters, some are moll-er shooters...all got diverse interest in photography...haha...:)

nah, these are cheap, from a participant point of view... what 20 bucks kinda stuff... but trade off with shooting with so many ppl... often a waste of time.

some models does feedback says some guys here actually shoot non-stop, trying to make money worth... even when they're taking a sip also take their pics...

probably guys here need to understand, rest is rest, shoot is shoot... picture an image u want before the shoot instead of go there see what shoot wat...

Well this is the digital world..shoot until finger tired not happy with shots just delete.Back to
the point I feel that it's the organizer's responsibility to provide all the 'amenitities' as part
of the paid service by customers.It's like you visit a restaurant paid for the food and the chef joined in the dinning.If organizers so 'gian' in shooting they actually could do a one on one later on which should be better for him/her.

In any model shoot it's 'every man for himself' and that's a reality.

nowadays where organisers have up to 3 models shooting at the same time at different locations .... who do you expect the organiser to hold the reflector for .... ?

i guess it should be a bonus of there was one reflector per model .... :bsmilie:

buy 3 reflectors, hire 2 more assistants = solved.
either that or dont even offer reflector lor, you dont offer at least pple wont complain abt nobody holding the reflector coz theres no reflector to start with.

buy 3 reflectors, hire 2 more assistants = solved.
either that or dont even offer reflector lor, you dont offer at least pple wont complain abt nobody holding the reflector coz theres no reflector to start with.

One organizers trains his German shepherd to hold the reflector with its mouth.

The dog even barks if the photographer shoots from too low an angle. :)

One organizers trains his German shepherd to hold the reflector with its mouth.

The dog even barks if the photographer shoots from too low an angle. :)

alternatively..

wear on your head
reflector.sized.jpg

or like you said.. train your pet to do the job :bsmilie:
racoon-driveway-reflectors.jpg

No lah, no body's fault. Everyone pay for shoot. If everyone brings a tool, then everybody can enjoy. Teamwork is important.

I always believe in sharing little things. No right or wrong. just enjoy and everyone is happy.

Organizer also not easy. Imagine he has to bring reflectors, reflectors holder, battery pack, strobes, MUA, clothing, accessories, etc.. It's actually a lot of logistics and a one man organizer definitely cannot carry them all. Esp for the generator or battery packs, these are really dam heavy. Walk up a steep hill with everything on his shoulder, he may fall off the cliff.:bsmilie:

Organizer also not easy. Imagine he has to bring reflectors, reflectors holder, battery pack, strobes, MUA, clothing, accessories, etc.. It's actually a lot of logistics and a one man organizer definitely cannot carry them all. Esp for the generator or battery packs, these are really dam heavy. Walk up a steep hill with everything on his shoulder, he may fall off the cliff.:bsmilie:

You forgot .... he got to bring the model as well ....

Bring all these thing ... model fly aeroplane .... everything also no use .... :bsmilie:

You forgot .... he got to bring the model as well ....

Bring all these thing ... model fly aeroplane .... everything also no use .... :bsmilie:

yah hor, he carries left hand MUA, right hand model. piggy back generator... then on his neck a trolly with a box of lighting gears :sweat:

Like olden days hero. The macho man!

Legend of "Aching" Heroes 2007 -- She Diao Ying XIong Zhuan

[VID]NbvMiY_ck10[/VID]

Status
Not open for further replies.