who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
.. not only shooting lei, the organiser shouted at photographers for blocking his lens view woh.. :sweat:

i think those photographers must have left their brains at home, brought camera + lenses + batteries + memory cards and everything .. except brains :)

nah, those cameraman is bringing the term 'Paid to Serve' to a higher level...

anyway, i won't wanna elaborate on the things what organisers should or should not do... since an organiser have already replied in here... i think its the 'norm' here rite...

oh ya, i think 1 more line the organiser might not wanna explicitly say... but some shoots really i dunno... pay peanuts get monkeys?

If he organises a shoot, I will volunteer to be the model for him. :bsmilie:

Ok perfect, got model and reflector holder liao. Now only lack sponsor for Green Tea :D

oh ya, i think 1 more line the organiser might not wanna explicitly say... but some shoots really i dunno... pay peanuts get monkeys?

well... the irony is u actually pay quite expensive and yet get peanuts .. that is the main thrill manz

Last edited:
... unfortunately, that organiser can say.. "one slot avail mah.. so i filled up loh" :bsmilie: horrible service ~ take money and still talk like that.

which 1? :devil:

well, take a count lor... if he advert 6 slots, then u count 6 photographers. shoot him about filling slots...

if advert 6 slots, then 5 photographers... he shoot, also tell him off... y, ur job is organiser, not a shooter...

well... the irony is u actually pay quite expensive and yet get peanuts .. that is the main thrill manz

nah, these are cheap, from a participant point of view... what 20 bucks kinda stuff... but trade off with shooting with so many ppl... often a waste of time.

some models does feedback says some guys here actually shoot non-stop, trying to make money worth... even when they're taking a sip also take their pics...

probably guys here need to understand, rest is rest, shoot is shoot... picture an image u want before the shoot instead of go there see what shoot wat...

.. not only shooting lei, the organiser shouted at photographers for blocking his lens view woh.. :sweat:

i think those photographers must have left their brains at home, brought camera + lenses + batteries + memory cards and everything .. except brains :)

Which organiser? :eek:

organizer main job is to faciliate the shooting session, if the organizer is shooting, its as good as u r paying for he/she to shoot... i won't bother joining next time, but still their are ppl kind enough to let these things happen... :bsmilie:

... unfortunately, that organiser can say.. "one slot avail mah.. so i filled up loh" :bsmilie: horrible service ~ take money and still talk like that.

wah, liddat oso can ah? which organiser ah? pm me if not convenient to expose here. thanks! :)

expose here better... actually there is a feedback thread there... i wonder y nobody utilise it...

its not about slamming bad service, its about helping the rest of the members and also rid bad organisers and support good organisers... (of course, have to minus off the bitch slapping fest amongst themselves if any)

tats y kinda disappointed in this kinda shoots, not professionally done, but later i sure kena hoot by ppl then ask me organise 1 shoot...

i think in CS quite simple, ppl who join shoots just wanna increase shutter count.

There was once i was at a studio shoot. (Not organised by CS).

I held the electric fan for everyone as i felt frustrated when i saw the fan blowing at the wrong angle. The model love the shots by other photographers. When it came my turn, no one bothered. I asked one to help me, but he any how blow. I also no mood to shoot. In the end, the model expected me to show her nice pictures, i told her i dont have any to show. She asked why, i told her i was the only one who was willing to hold the fan.

wah, liddat oso can ah? which organiser ah? pm me if not convenient to expose here. thanks! :)

Forward to me too...

But I like organisers that can be shot too... :bsmilie: Best is brought along bonus male model... ;p

nah, these are cheap, from a participant point of view... what 20 bucks kinda stuff... but trade off with shooting with so many ppl... often a waste of time.

some models does feedback says some guys here actually shoot non-stop, trying to make money worth... even when they're taking a sip also take their pics...

probably guys here need to understand, rest is rest, shoot is shoot... picture an image u want before the shoot instead of go there see what shoot wat...

Del_CtrlnoAlt, i am not talking abt prices, i believed be it 10, 20 or 80 or even 150 dollars, customer is still a paying customer, an organiser must behave and did the basic duties of an organiser. Prices dun equal service level, but the attitude of organiser or model does.

Please note i am not referrring to the budget shoots, in fact i am quite impressed by some budget shoots, some budget shoot organisers are really good.

Last edited:

I held the electric fan for everyone as i felt frustrated when i saw the fan blowing at the wrong angle. The model love the shots by other photographers. When it came my turn, no one bothered. I asked one to help me, but he any how blow. I also no mood to shoot. In the end, the model expected me to show her nice pictures, i told her i dont have any to show. She asked why, i told her i was the only one who was willing to hold the fan.

who ask u geh kiang? lol... should instruct the organiser to do it wat...

but then not CS 1... too bad... CS 1, also lan lan... :bsmilie:

bro now i knw why u dun shoot nowaday...:cry:

Del_CtrlnoAlt, i am not talking abt prices, i believed be it 10, 20 or 80 or even 150 dollars, customer is still a paying customer, an organiser must behave and did the basic duties of an organiser. Prices dun equal service level, but the attitude of organiser or model does.

Please note i am not referrring to the cheap or budget shoots, in fact i am quite impressed by some budget shoots, some budget shoot organisers are really good.

thats the thing... u dun voice out... nothing improves, now noobs think its the norm, so all diam diam pay money...

of course some limits should be set.

Organisers are facilitators for shoot, hence not a shooter... this is basic knowledge, they can shoot after not during.

If things listed down thats going to be provided for the shoot, 1, make sure its there, 2, make sure someone is there to manage it. If you bring a reflector, then ask shooters to use it themselves, might as well dun bring. I think all studio assistant are not born to know how to hold reflector, and its the duty of the shooter to instruct where the light should be reflected upon instead of the organiser.

But dun expect, say, u thirsty, u ask organiser to go buy a drink for you...

my fren, if i would u, the fan will be switched off, i will pack up and leave without a word

Last edited:
bro now i knw why u dun shoot nowaday...:cry:

no lah bro, that was long before i know you.:bsmilie:

now i dating my fav xmm (old flame)... so not allowed to shoot other xmm lor:sweat::embrass:

my fren, if i would u, the fan will be switched off, i will pack up and leave without a word

no lah, sometimes, i just do it to make it a great shoot for everyone. i help set up and pack the studio too. So, its ok, at least, it was part of my learning process.

so, i did not hold any grudge. Just sway only nia.... but hey, at least the model cheer me up... that was priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.