who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exposure

Apr 6, 2008
been thinking about this but decided to openly discuss this ...

imagine u signed up for a paid shoot and it says "reflectors will be provided", but on the actual day no one was holding the reflectors becos everyone was shooting including the organiser. And then after a while some photographer being a kind soul was willing to hold it for others.

I am just thinking why should a paying customer be doing the organiser job ? have u thought of that ?

Last edited:
ask the organiser then :bsmilie:

Reflectors will be provided
BUT they never state that someone will be holding it for you :bsmilie:

y is the organiser shooting in the 1st place?

Maybe this has become an acceptable norm. Read many previous threads from members that organiser also shoot one. :dunno:

been thinking about this but decided to openly discuss this ...

imagine u signed up for a paid shoot and it says "reflectors will be provided", but on the actual day no one was holding the reflectors becos everyone was shooting including the organiser. And then after a while some photographer being a kind soul was willing to hold it for others.

I am just thinking why should a paying customer be doing the organiser job ? have u thought of that ?

Reflector provided does not equate to someone being available to hold the reflector, unless explicitly stated.

time to buy and support yr friendly Cs advertisers
thought they selling reflector and holder?

Maybe this has become an acceptable norm. Read many previous threads from members that organiser also shoot one. :dunno:

participants dun tell them off, then too bad bah...

its like the shoot is for say 6 to 1, organiser is there to organise, not shoot.

so if organiser shoot, then is 7 to 1...

i think organiser should be the one doing the reflector job.

organiser is paid to make the participant enjoy the shoot, not he self enjoy together.

I advertise my Professional Services as:

'Reflector supporter'
'Flash light on remote cord holder'
'Model prop in any position'........

I do nude and all you want

Please PM me for prices......Sion has my portfolio

Hong Sien

its like the shoot is for say 6 to 1, organiser is there to organise, not shoot.

organiser is paid to make the participant enjoy the shoot, not he self enjoy together.

Well said, but sometimes organisor is also a xmm. does she know how to reflect light and hold fan?

I used to hold fan and hold reflector last time for a few shoots. but when it comes my turn, people continue shooting in ambient and too busy to hold reflector. Some are shooting like machine gun through the whole shoot! In the end, i made supports to create my own lighting. No need depend on people.

As for organisors, if you like it, join them. If you dont like it, dont join lor. Besides, if xmm organisor is also photographer, then shoot her also lah

Well said, but sometimes organisor is also a xmm. does she know how to reflect light and hold fan?

I used to hold fan and hold reflector last time for a few shoots. but when it comes my turn, people continue shooting in ambient and too busy to hold reflector. Some are shooting like machine gun through the whole shoot! In the end, i made supports to create my own lighting. No need depend on people.

As for organisors, if you like it, join them. If you dont like it, dont join lor. Besides, if xmm organisor is also photographer, then shoot her also lah

tats y kinda disappointed in this kinda shoots, not professionally done, but later i sure kena hoot by ppl then ask me organise 1 shoot...

i think in CS quite simple, ppl who join shoots just wanna increase shutter count.

tats y kinda disappointed in this kinda shoots, not professionally done, but later i sure kena hoot by ppl then ask me organise 1 shoot...

i think in CS quite simple, ppl who join shoots just wanna increase shutter count.

If you organise a shoot, I will volunteer to hold the reflector for you :bsmilie:

i think organiser should invest in a tripod and a reflector holder .... the problem is that usually there will be a few groups and so the organiser is unwilling to invest in multiple holders :rolleyes::rolleyes:

y is the organiser shooting in the 1st place?

.. not only shooting lei, the organiser shouted at photographers for blocking his lens view woh.. :sweat:

i think those photographers must have left their brains at home, brought camera + lenses + batteries + memory cards and everything .. except brains :)

Last edited:

... unfortunately, that organiser can say.. "one slot avail mah.. so i filled up loh" :bsmilie: horrible service ~ take money and still talk like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.