Which one I should I go 550D or 60D?

I think I will sell everything I own... sleep on the streets.. maybe then I can afford a D3s and a Sigma 200-500/2.8 :what:

Towkay...... u just spend less for one week and u can afford it liao lol !!

-----------------------------------------

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY THE LATEST AND MOST EXPENSIVE THAT YOUR $$$ CAN AFFORD.
. :)

if im earning $10k per month, i dont think i willl scratch my head, be bothered to read reviews and do "homework". i will spend on the latest model because everything that comes later will definitely have a newer technology, a better feature (company does read feedback), better RND product, something that gives me the bragging rights.

Unfortunately both are right........... buy what you can comfortably afford... at least you have the latest bells and whistles and can play to your heart's content

Last edited:
Full Comparison Report : 550 vs 60D vs 7D ..

http://www.digitalrev.com/en/canon-eos-60d-vs-550d-vs-7d-c-getting-more-bangs-for-bucks-6509-article

From this , its a 60D for me .... best of both world ...

I kind of like the tilt screen and the SD card format .... don't need the fast fast shoot type ..

Video is good too ...

Thanks for the link :D

It really useful for me to find out what are the differences....:thumbsup:

Towkay...... u just spend less for one week and u can afford it liao lol !!

LOL... who is the towkay here? :dunno:

No la, I nowadays spend very little one. I on average I spend less than $100 a week nowadays. Keeping it simple bro, keeping it simple.

unless you like the ergonomics of 60D, if not i would suggest that you get the 550D instead as the specs and functions are pretty similar. in fact i would think that a 2nd hand 50D handles better.

get a cheaper body, invest in a better lens. the kit lenses are good, however it would be better if you can invest in lenses with f/2.8 fixed aperture. canon 17-55 is a great option but definitely out of your budget. perhaps you can consider tamron 17-50 non VC for a start.

i will also suggest that you figure out terms such as ISO, aperture, shutter speed, wb etc etc before you make the jump. trust me, unless you put auto mode for your dslr, if not lack of command and knowledge in such areas will actually make your photos look bad. in fact, if you want to put it on auto mode, you are better off with your current compact!

the equipment are not that important for a hobbyist, it just makes your job easier that's all... it's you that is important!

I thought i made the smart choice by getting a rebel body and invested in a better lens. It takes great pictures and the camera is never the limiting factor to taking good pictures. i spend time developing my skills and learning to fully utilize the power of a DSLR.

Can i do that with the 60D? hell yeah! it'll definately do that with the added bonus of looking cooler with the bigger body, top facing LCD and costing a couple hundreds more. Well at least i'm not gonna be another beginner with an entry level DSLR around my neck. :)

Your call mate!

welcome to CS!

i think the canon 550d would be good enough for you for now. it will be a good platform for you to learn and hone your skills. its a good camera, and perhaps over time you can invest in lenses and be able to take incredible shots. at the end of the day, its down to the photographer and his experience and knowledge which decides the quality of the pictures.

cheers!

end of the day, if $ allows, go for the more expensive and newer one

Hi,

Go to the shop, try all the camera and see what works out best for you, and which one you like.

I was planning to upgrade from my canon IXUS to a DSLR since more than a year. Always reading reviews, dpreview etc etc.
The day I went to buy, I had made my full mind to buy a nikon [after reading 50+ reviews online, comparing pictures, reading user reviews, pros cons etc]
I went to the shop, tried nikon first, and again tried canon 550D, but both did not felt right for me. I tried to sony alpha 550 and I liked it a lot.

It worked the best for me.

So even though via online reviews, points and my own score, the sony was in 3rd alternative choice in my list, I eneded up buying the A550 and did not purchased the canon 550D or the nikon.
From the net, I have purchased 3 books regarding the A550 and tried and tested all its features, and the more I test it, the more I like it. Even though via reviews and my own research, it was not on my 1st recommended choice, I don't regret my decision and love my camera and the unique features it provides me. No matter what you buy, you will be happy once you understand the full benefits of your system and what capabilities it provides to you.

So go to the shop, try all the ones and see which one you feel comfortable with.

Last edited:
yeah end of the day, it's you .

Can go to Vivo & have a try on both cameras ?

I went & try on the 60D but feel very plasticity.

the days of full metal cameras.

buy both lah. hahahaha

Buy a Nikon F2... full metal jacket...

Comes complete with titanium shutter. :thumbsup: