Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

How do u shoot with Flash?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Usually, I would use the built in bounce card on the SB900 for portrait shots. If I am using a wide angle lens to take group photos, then I use a diffuser.

Last edited:
Usually, I would use the built in bounce card on the SB900 for portrait shots. If I am using a wide angle lens to take group photos, then I use a diffuser.

The built-in catchlights panel can only be used in landscape orientation which i think it's pretty useless for portraits.

I actually have a photoshop format of the DIY bounce card.Can just adjust the size,print out and paste it on a harder board and you have your own DIY bounce card.

Anyone need the format can PM me you email address.

I use Omnibounce. :)

Harlowz,

Lookin for some tips here on achieving the most "natural" lighting effect when doing flash photography :dunno: :dunno:

Which do you normally use and why? :)

When I was using my old canon bounce flash - think it was EZ430 (420? something like that), I used OminBounce simply because it was 1) affordable 2) ez to carry everywhere. So far, pleased with the results. Then again, I'm not pro, just played for fun. :bsmilie:

But I also added a card to the back of my flash as "fill in".

Harlowz,

Lookin for some tips here on achieving the most "natural" lighting effect when doing flash photography :dunno: :dunno:

Which do you normally use and why? :)

Isnt an "Omnibounce" same as diffuser? :think:

I used to use only the omnibounce.

Now I'm also using the flash reflector, like this:
flash-reflector.jpg

I used to use only the omnibounce.

Now I'm also using the flash reflector, like this:
flash-reflector.jpg

hey,

nice reflector.. what material are you using for it? what are the dimensions?

Actually I've been making a few reflectors myself but I find it a bit impractical? It looks totally weird when out in the public and more often than not people around me go "wtf?!" when they see my reflectors. I spoke to a professional photographer recently who covered my brother's wedding and he said thats why he's using a stofen, looks better, though it cuts some power.

Anyone of you have similar experience?

hey,

nice reflector.. what material are you using for it? what are the dimensions?

Actually I've been making a few reflectors myself but I find it a bit impractical? It looks totally weird when out in the public and more often than not people around me go "wtf?!" when they see my reflectors. I spoke to a professional photographer recently who covered my brother's wedding and he said thats why he's using a stofen, looks better, though it cuts some power.

Anyone of you have similar experience?
Don't really know the dimension leh..
Dimage sells something this flash reflector in Mass Order sub-forum (I think)..

You can also get it from http://www.artworkfoto.com/. ;)

Omni bounce seems to work fine with me

Just use wide aperture lens? Since TS is looking for most natural lighting.. hehehe.. Let lens do it's magic! :)

DIY bounce card using foam paper... :thumbsup:

there's really no 1 solution to this but for me in general

if the room is small enough with white walls around, I'd flag the flash with black foam & bounce the flash to the walls in the direction I want the light to light my subject from, this gives me a "directed" natural soft light effect. Bouncing to ceiling is often found to give a flat lighting to the subject, they are soft but flat (but at times this is an option too, remember, there's not 1 solution for all)

if the room is too big our night outdoor where it is not possible to bounce the flash, I use a white foam bought from a artshop & cut to half then attached with rubber band like some of the CSers here, cheap & effective.

just my 2c :D