Whats the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAMEDIA

Sep 29, 2003
Tomato Town
Hiya,

I have ran through my 1st roll on an old old FM but found something which I cannot understand. Hopefully, some expert can point out the possible cause. :sweat:

problem.jpg

The above leads to overexposure at the side and only happened for frame 3 and 4 (frame 1 and 2 exposure is good). These 2 frames I did not try to do anything funny, juz shoot and advance to next frame. :p

Could it be due to:
1) Film itself
2) Camera got problem
3) Problem loading the film by user
4) Problem advancing the film by user
5) Neligence by photo lab
6) Other causes

Appreciate your kind advice.

Thanks. :)

Looks like light leak on the camera.

It doesn't happen to all frames because the light leak is very slight, so it will only show up when the duration between shooting 2 frames are longer. When a series of frames are shot successively in a relatively short duration the flim does not stay long enough at the area of light leak for the effect to be noticable.

What you need to do is to check the light sealing sponges on the camera back cover. They could have corroded over time and can be changed to improve the light seal.

should be light leak at the film door,just need to change the foam.

Thanks for the info guys :) I am new to this manual camera/film thing. Necessary to go shiro house or any reliable shops that can do this fix? TCW does come into mind, not sure if they do it tho.

TCW is a very busy shop,not sure if u have to wait very long for it.
i went there with intention to buy a lens but end up getting ignored after waiting for 10mins and verbally asking the staff to show me the lens.
So many shops ard that offer this service,like Alex photo,camera hospital with better service attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.