What Flash to use for olympus E510

Status
Not open for further replies.
put it simply the guide number is different... FL-50 = GN 50, FL-36 = GN 36.

What GN means in lay man terms = maximum distance it can reach with ISO 100.

In terms of size... the FL-36 is about 2/3 the size of the FL-50...

:) for home use and portait... i think the FL-36 is sufficient. The only problem is the recharge time of the flash. Thats also because it uses 2 AA batteries instead of 4... which makes is lighter also.

For Super high celling like a convention hall... ya.. u'll need a FL-50 to bounce... which might not be enough also :sweat:

So bro viewwing are u suggesting that maybe i should jus invest in the fl50, jus in case i want to turn pro next time? but fl50 or 50r? another headache

So bro viewwing are u suggesting that maybe i should jus invest in the fl50, jus in case i want to turn pro next time? but fl50 or 50r? another headache

I would say, get the FL-36R first. :) But if you have the budget, of course go for better one!

Aiyah looks like i gotta go n bet somemore on liverpool to win by 2gols to fund my flash purchase. hope u guys are pool fans or else i wont get anymore advice:)

ah... i don't gamble... but i'm a liverpool supporter. Mainly due to their playing style :) and their motto! You'll NEVER WALK ALONE!!!

anyway back to your flash... if SIZE , WEIGHT and Cost is not an issue well... why not get the FL-50?

If any of those are in ur mind. you can always get a 2nd hand FL-36 from CS's B&S section... i just sold mine also... actually wanted to keep it due to its portable size... but kanna solding... (why need so many flash huh????) so bo pian... sell lor... :dunno:

But personnally i find that its a good travel size flash. And if the subject is within 10-15 meters most of the time. Its a great flash light to use when combined with a lightsphere. :)

After what happened to pool last night now no choice can only afford fl36.....2nd hand somemore. Haha. thanks for your info looks like the fl36 for me.

Hi bro Viewwing,

How fast/slow is the recharge time for fl36? I am actually used to firing off rapid shots on my E510 for indoor event(birthday parties etc). So am weighing both fl36 and fl50. Am worried that fl36 may not be able to take it and then got to upgrade again..
Your advice will be much appreciated.

Hi bro Viewwing,

How fast/slow is the recharge time for fl36? I am actually used to firing off rapid shots on my E510 for indoor event(birthday parties etc). So am weighing both fl36 and fl50. Am worried that fl36 may not be able to take it and then got to upgrade again..
Your advice will be much appreciated.

erm... officially a full recharge time using a 1900mah rechargeable batt is about 6 secs...

I was using energizers 2500mah (not the best in the market) and i was getting about 4-5 secs for a full charge or less when its freshly charge. And if you're not using max power... usually i can shoot about 2 shots with TTL auto. within 1-2 secs of each other.

u can try some better batts out there like the powerex and such :) might help in the recharging time.

btw... even with the FL-50... rapid shots althought possible... there is a warning note of when rapid flash is done up to 10 times. You have to allow a cooling time of 10 mins...

if birthday parties are your concern... personal feeling is that you'll be fustrated with the FL-36...

Thanks bro....will give it a deep thought for my Christms present....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

Status
Not open for further replies.