photo 42
2446389074_72ce29e5ea.jpg

photo 43
2446388504_6039fff85c.jpg

photo 44
2446387376_4336792af3.jpg

#44 is psychedelic! Might want to lower the saturation

thanks for the compliments..

i am also a newbie, so i'm still learning.. but i did use a macro lens and flash.. macro to get up close and flash so i can set a faster shutter speed..
and i usually take multiple shots of a single subject using different settings, just hoping at least 1 will turn out right.. ;p

and yes, i admit i use CS3 rather extensively to enhance my pics.. :embrass::sticktong hahaha...

Thks ... At least can sleep better now .. :D

Last question ... How much / where can i get cheaper CS3 .. was quoted $1290 :bigeyes:

thanks for the compliments..

i am also a newbie, so i'm still learning.. but i did use a macro lens and flash.. macro to get up close and flash so i can set a faster shutter speed..
and i usually take multiple shots of a single subject using different settings, just hoping at least 1 will turn out right.. ;p

and yes, i admit i use CS3 rather extensively to enhance my pics.. :embrass::sticktong hahaha...

It ok to use photoshop if you are on the output demand side. I`m also using CS3 =)

Thks ... At least can sleep better now .. :D

Last question ... How much / where can i get cheaper CS3 .. was quoted $1290 :bigeyes:

bro.. apart from paying high price for it there's other way to get the CS3, Ops... ;p

bro.. apart from paying high price for it there's other way to get the CS3, Ops... ;p

Pls enlighten me on this sat meetup shootz... will buy you copi ... and lunch :D

Pls enlighten me on this sat meetup shootz... will buy you copi ... and lunch :D

haha.. while waiting for enlightenment, u could try picasa or paint.net, both of which are available free..

picasa is a very simple to use organizer and basic photo editor, but if u are looking for something similar to CS3, u can try paint.net.. although no where near as powerful as CS3, but most of the common features u will likely use in CS3 can be found in paint.net.. i was using these both before i got CS3..

There is also a open source software called GIMP.
A very powerful photo editing tool as developers creates plug-ins for this software can be very good.

You can give that a try too

Thanks for all ... really didnt go to wrong zone ...West the best. :thumbsup:

You can get student price. Get a student to help you =) It cheaper

Student is another version ... so no discount for the full one. Cathay quoted
me S$1060 with gst ... so far this is the best i can ever get. Tks again to all.

me S$1060 with gst ... so far this is the best i can ever get. Tks again to all.

bro.. don buy first.. not worth spending so much lah.. if u trust mi, I give u better advice this Sat. :bsmilie::bsmilie: charge u onli $500 for that.. haha jus kidding.

With the 1000 plus, think u can spend on additional lens or accessories, but don forget to get some for me if I can help you save this money. ;p

max 3 photos per post.

Guys please observe the rules and regulations here before you post yr photos up. Label your photos in the 'photo XX' format.

Pls also avoid quoting photos when giving comments, this is to prevent earlier photos with earlier numbering appearing at the later post. (Refer to post 1 on page 1) ending up causing confusion on the photos numbering.

Hmm, they quoted me a few hundred dollars more than that, that's why I went to e2000 instead.

See if I ever buy anything from that salesman again. Not the first time he added a few hundred to stuff. Wonder if his memory on price is really that bad or if he keeps trying to rip me off. Once he quoted me $2k+ for lens, but I went "WHATT??!!! Forget it" and the price magically dropped to $1.5k+, but still didn't buy in the end since I was already quite unhappy. Unfortunately my memory does happen to be quite bad, so can't remember his name or the lens. :p Lens is the EF-S 17-35 very sharp and nice quality one, or something like that and he is one of the older guys at Marina Square. Been hoping to get another salesman, but somehow always kena him the last few times I go. ;(

bro, try out the freewares first.. heck, maybe even download the trial of CS3 first before u decide to buy it.. its not cheap.. and if u only intend to buy it for editing ur photos, then there are loads of freeware that can do a pretty decent job too.. i'm not saying CS3 is not worth the money, but most of its features u might probably not need to use.. :)

Hmm, they quoted me a few hundred dollars more than that, that's why I went to e2000 instead.

See if I ever buy anything from that salesman again. Not the first time he added a few hundred to stuff. Wonder if his memory on price is really that bad or if he keeps trying to rip me off. Once he quoted me $2k+ for lens, but I went "WHATT??!!! Forget it" and the price magically dropped to $1.5k+, but still didn't buy in the end since I was already quite unhappy. Unfortunately my memory does happen to be quite bad, so can't remember his name or the lens. :p Lens is the EF-S 17-35 very sharp and nice quality one, or something like that and he is one of the older guys at Marina Square. Been hoping to get another salesman, but somehow always kena him the last few times I go. ;(

sales people are an interesting bunch.. sometimes if they feel that u are not the type who is going to buy, they will just quote you a ridiculous figure or say something strange just to keep u from bothering them.. but once they realise that u really have the intention to buy, then their attitude changes 180 degrees..

but not all sales people are like that, i'm not.. hehe.. i am GEMS trained.. hahaha.. ;p

Any more photos from the latest Singapore Botanical Garden trip?

hey guys I seem to be the first person online after today's zoological shoot. was my first shoot and I found myself taking better photos than before. So thanks guys, I will definitely become a regular.

My Micromate card reader is missing, (probably me rabbit! "Cough it out, Cough it out!!)
So the group photo and my own three photos are not up yet. Even then I haven't opened CS3.. TeeHee.

Narcolepticmind/nasri

Status
Not open for further replies.