West Shooterz Outing: Discussion and photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some photos from today Singapore Botanical Garden Outing!

Photo 22
2443166162_65aef51c47.jpg

Photo 23
2443148886_a51caa99d8.jpg

Photo 24
2443149210_cd2f4ac80f.jpg

Hope you guys like it :sticktong

BTW please follow the rules and regulations which you can find on the earlier posts when posting your outing's photos here ;p

Some photos from today Singapore Botanical Garden Outing!

Photo 22
2443166162_65aef51c47.jpg

Photo 23
2443148886_a51caa99d8.jpg

Photo 24
2443149210_cd2f4ac80f.jpg

Hope you guys like it :sticktong

BTW please follow the rules and regulations which you can find on the eariler posts when posting your outing's photos here ;p

23 got excellent bokeh, very in-depth. Using available light?
24 using flash?

wow , so mani great photos that u all have

here are mine noobish ones

Photo 30 Fallen

2443218484_31fcd90e44_b.jpg

Photo 31 nature reflection

2443417616_b1de3a1a56_b.jpg

Photo 32 Up the Tree

2443425592_cdb7dcc2bc_b.jpg

enjoyed to trip and thanks for letting me join.

Photo 33 green
green.jpg

Photo 34 white
white.jpg

Photo 35 orange red
red.jpg

ionsoon & gilbert: better change your photo title to "Photo XX" before bro daniel comes to nag you. ionsoon your numbering is off too! :D btw is there some HDR going on in your last photo?

ionsoon & gilbert: better change your photo title to "Photo XX" before bro daniel comes to nag you. ionsoon your numbering is off too! :D btw is there some HDR going on in your last photo?

haha, ok thks thks, sorri , din know there was the numbering going on in this thread,

ya, there is some HDR going on in my last photo

haha, ok thks thks, sorri , din know there was the numbering going on in this thread,

ya, there is some HDR going on in my last photo

Nice, very natural and subtle. I didn't notice at first until it occured to me that everytime I tried a shot like that it would turn out as a dark silhouette!

Guys please follow the rules and regulations when posting yr photos here.

Please strictly follow the format 'photo XX' when numbering yr photos however yr photos can also include a short discription to it.

max 3 photos per post.

Guys please observe the rules and regulations here before you post yr photos up. Pls also avoid quoting photos, this is to prevent earlier photos with earlier numbering appearing at the later post. (Refer to post 1 on page 1)

Comments are encourage to be type out with the photo no instead of quoting together with the photos.

Example of ways to quoting photo,

Photo 23 are nice, really like the bokeh effect :D

or

Wow... Photo 24 are :thumbsup::thumbsup: like the flash effect.

And so I have avoid giving comments with the photos attached to it but instead I have stated with the photo numbering only.

Nice, very natural and subtle. I didn't notice at first until it occured to me that everytime I tried a shot like that it would turn out as a dark silhouette!

haha, thks thks, probably just a tip, nxt time u wan to get a shot like tis, see where's the sun shining at. so u wun get the silhouette

i wud admit that i din not achieve much detail of the branches and leaves are they are like being silhouette, but my main subject was the tree trunk . heez

I like photo 41, think photo will look nicer if the dragonfly is looking in my direction. :thumbsup:

As for photo 40, I feel that there isn't much contrast from the object from the background as its like both are in green, background look kinda of distracting.

Good try for 1st attempt marco shot.. :)

I like photo 41, think photo will look nicer if the dragonfly is looking in my direction. :thumbsup:

As for photo 40, I feel that there isn't much contrast from the object from the background as its like both are in green, background look kinda of distracting.

Good try for 1st attempt marco shot.. :)

haha.. thanks bro, #41 the bugger facing the lake.. i wanted to extend myself further to try and capture the face but scared i fall into the water.. i fall in nvm.. but camera fall in i "haam bin".. :bsmilie:

Hi Jason ...

Really like the vibrant colour of your shoots ....
Cant really achieve anywhere near ... wonder isit my D40 or
my skill ... i guess must defintely be the latter.:cry:
So enlighten a newbie like me to get such effect ... micro lens ...
flash ... CS3 ??? Tks ... :)

BTW .. nice meeting all west shooterz ... really hope to learn
as much as possible from all.

Uncle David aka Atom KK ....

Hi Jason ...

Really like the vibrant colour of your shoots ....
Cant really achieve anywhere near ... wonder isit my D40 or
my skill ... i guess must defintely be the latter.:cry:
So enlighten a newbie like me to get such effect ... micro lens ...
flash ... CS3 ??? Tks ... :)

BTW .. nice meeting all west shooterz ... really hope to learn
as much as possible from all.

Uncle David aka Atom KK ....

thanks for the compliments..

i am also a newbie, so i'm still learning.. but i did use a macro lens and flash.. macro to get up close and flash so i can set a faster shutter speed..
and i usually take multiple shots of a single subject using different settings, just hoping at least 1 will turn out right.. ;p

and yes, i admit i use CS3 rather extensively to enhance my pics.. :embrass::sticktong hahaha...

Status
Not open for further replies.